BSA Bantam Racing
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
BSA Bantam Racing

Bantam Racing Club

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

WHAT IGNITION FOR SRINT BIKE

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
sancho

Number of posts : 3
Registration date : 2013-01-31

WHAT IGNITION FOR SRINT BIKE Empty
PostSubject: WHAT IGNITION FOR SRINT BIKE   WHAT IGNITION FOR SRINT BIKE Icon_minitimeFri Feb 01, 2013 12:10 am

Hi Bantam racers,I am looking for a bit of advice,I am building a BD1 for my son to use for sprint racing and possibly hillclimb,it is running a skimmed standard head,opened ports 28mm Mikuni and expansion chamber from a scooter,not sure what ignition to use,is there any that bolt straight on would the standard one be Ok,please help.
Thanks
Back to top Go down
Trevor Amos

Number of posts : 939
Registration date : 2010-08-13

PostSubject: Re: WHAT IGNITION FOR SRINT BIKE   WHAT IGNITION FOR SRINT BIKE Icon_minitimeFri Feb 01, 2013 4:58 am

Hi Sancho , welcome ,
Rex Caunt has some stuff you can bolt straight on , Google the name and have a look . There are loads of other systems available , and with luck the guys on here will offer their advice ?

Regards , Trevor
Back to top Go down
Arthur175

Number of posts : 20
Registration date : 2012-04-09

PostSubject: Re: WHAT IGNITION FOR SRINT BIKE   WHAT IGNITION FOR SRINT BIKE Icon_minitimeSun Feb 03, 2013 7:06 am

Hi Sancho

I have sent a PM to you.
Back to top Go down
sancho

PostSubject: Re: WHAT IGNITION FOR SRINT BIKE   WHAT IGNITION FOR SRINT BIKE Icon_minitimeMon Feb 04, 2013 6:45 am

Thanks for the advice Trevor,the Rex one looks good but expensive,as you say there are lots of others out there ,suppose I will have to test and try and see what works best,I understand you guys dont want to give up your race secrets it's a competitive world out there.
Back to top Go down
Trevor Amos

Number of posts : 939
Registration date : 2010-08-13

PostSubject: Re: WHAT IGNITION FOR SRINT BIKE   WHAT IGNITION FOR SRINT BIKE Icon_minitimeMon Feb 04, 2013 9:56 am

Hi Sancho ,
If you have any queries just post a question , some one will reply and don`t assume that your problem is too trivial to bother us with . We were all beginers once and we can learn from you , so just ask . If you would prefer a more personal reply , try a PM.

All the best , Trevor
Back to top Go down
1bantamcloser2divorce

1bantamcloser2divorce

Number of posts : 36
Registration date : 2009-10-06

PostSubject: Re: WHAT IGNITION FOR SRINT BIKE   WHAT IGNITION FOR SRINT BIKE Icon_minitimeTue Feb 05, 2013 10:03 am

Hey Sancho,

I am trying to find information on skimming a standard D1 head, without much luck. Do you know how much has been skimmed off your BD1 head, and how are the results?

Thanks,

Andy
Back to top Go down
sancho

PostSubject: Re: WHAT IGNITION FOR SRINT BIKE   WHAT IGNITION FOR SRINT BIKE Icon_minitimeFri Feb 08, 2013 4:45 am

Hi Andy
I skimmed the head to leave about 1mm of the gasket face left on there,it was only to slightly raise the compression without running into detonation problems,I have not run it yet but will be sorting a proper squish head when find one that will convert to the bantam barrel easy or modify bantam one or even make one from scratch ,anyone tried it ?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: WHAT IGNITION FOR SRINT BIKE   WHAT IGNITION FOR SRINT BIKE Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

WHAT IGNITION FOR SRINT BIKE
Page 1 of 1