BSA Bantam Racing
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
BSA Bantam Racing

Bantam Racing Club

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

First Meeting Results

Go down 
+5
Trevor Amos
ted
Derek
john bass
alan
9 posters
AuthorMessage
alan
Admin
alan

Number of posts : 453
Registration date : 2006-12-01

First Meeting Results Empty
PostSubject: First Meeting Results   First Meeting Results Icon_minitimeMon Apr 22, 2013 11:32 pm

Results From Mallory
First Meeting Results 2013-Results1_zps2ebb6e11
Back to top Go down
https://bsabantamracing.editboard.com
john bass

john bass

Number of posts : 1748
Registration date : 2006-12-06

PostSubject: Ian & Robbie didn´t finish...    First Meeting Results Icon_minitimeTue Apr 23, 2013 8:50 pm

What´s up? -- Ian and Robbie DNFs-- ?? Wyzatt then?

Congrats to Tom Snow and Sticky ... good start to the season... and our Ted in the points as well -- bravo!
Mike Powell one win and one DNS -- what happened Mike? riding the bigger bike instead?

What happened to Nick --- ??

What happened to reports on race meetings ...???

OK OK!! -- so I´m living in the past. That was when we had 13-14 meetings per season and not only had a report on each race we had individual experiences related chapter & verse...

OK OK -- so I´ll stop my moaning -- everybodý so very busy no one has time.....

Funny how we managed to find some....

Cheers!

John-Boy.
Back to top Go down
http://t-online.de
Derek

Derek

Number of posts : 1065
Registration date : 2007-06-15

PostSubject: Re: First Meeting Results   First Meeting Results Icon_minitimeWed Apr 24, 2013 5:00 am

Hi John#
Im sure/hope they will all be along soon and report on the fortunes and issues of interest, well ihope they will, I managed to get there, early enough to see Robbie is clearly moving more horse power, with a very impressive turn of speed clear in first race, not sure what happened in the second, but he certainly had a great start before he DNF's in both races.
Im sure like me "You would have appreciated" the new guys Bantam a very original looking Bantam, not sure if its a short or long stroke, Graham Newman his name seem to remember him back in the day, his bike was sporting a lovely TODD fairing and twin leading shoe drum front Brake, he had two solid finishes to, "well done to him", andy moulden/Mike brown were having waht looked like a very enjoyable ding dong, and for sure Ted appeared to be going a lot quicker too, glad Imade the effort to get there.
Not sure what happened to the others it was just too cold for me to walk round looking at bikes, I sat in the comfort of my car most of the day, whatching at the outside of the chicane, worth note I also noted, Mike. P was in a word absolutly flying, I recon a good 5 to 8MPH faster than anyone else in the field, in the second race.
lets hope they will pop along soon and say what happened.
Derek
Back to top Go down
john bass

john bass

PostSubject: Thanks Derek...   First Meeting Results Icon_minitimeWed Apr 24, 2013 6:11 am

Thanks Derek! I made off with the key-board a bit too quick !!l -- its only a couple of days since it happened.

Sounds like the weather there was/is as bad as was/is here. We had a couple of days of sunshine with temperature up over 20°c -- then it dropped to 8°c and 10°c with a dreadful cold wind. I got in a panic because my hacking cough came back and I remembered my old buddy -- he´s 84 -- saying, "It weren´t the coughing that carried him off -- it were the coffin they carried him off in." Silly old senile gitt!!!

Don´t blame you for sitting in your motor to watch -- I think motorcycling was meant for warm, dry days although I enjoyed racing in the rain because then Icarus-1 became competitive. Still, I didn´t like sitting in wet underwear afterwards... Like the squirrels must be saying at the moment, "I´d like to know when my nuts are gonna warm up?"

Go well and Keep well,

John-Boy.
Back to top Go down
ted

ted

Number of posts : 184
Registration date : 2007-08-23

PostSubject: First Meeting Results   First Meeting Results Icon_minitimeWed Apr 24, 2013 7:04 pm

My bike has a lot of work to do getting me off the line as the power to weight ratio needs improvement. I managed to stay with Andy round Gerard’s and out brake him into Edwina’s, but missed a gear coming out and he and Skipper where gone. Tried a different pipe for second race and it did not work as well as hoped, lost 2 seconds a lap from first race. But learnt some things and logged them. Well done Grahame, good to see you back. Congrats and commiserations where appropriate. I will not be at Darley Moor but will be at three Sisters with hopefully some improvements. Robin I did say at the end of practice day”leave the bike as it is for the first meeting”. But as we all know advice is given by people unqualified to give it to people that don’t want it in the first place. Oh by the way where the rest of you? Some were seen walking round but not riding, hope to see you riding again soon.
Back to top Go down
Trevor Amos

Number of posts : 938
Registration date : 2010-08-13

PostSubject: Re: First Meeting Results   First Meeting Results Icon_minitimeThu Apr 25, 2013 3:03 am

Ted ,
After seeing your comments about trying an alternative pipe at the weekend , and it providing indifferent results , I thought you might enjoy the following advice from Jan Thiel , he of Aprilia fame . The piece is just as the translation from Dutch transcribed , so it may seem a little awkward !

"When testing pipes , no carburation adjustment meant considerable differences , when carburation was optimised for each pipe - very little difference . Too short , the motor ran best with a rich mixture , too long , weaker is best ."

So your new pipe may be worth persevering with after all , in any event the advice is well worth considering ?

Trevor
Back to top Go down
mjpowell

mjpowell

Number of posts : 1074
Registration date : 2006-12-09

PostSubject: Re: First Meeting Results   First Meeting Results Icon_minitimeThu Apr 25, 2013 5:53 am

The only person who can write an overview of a race is someone watching
and even then its still an opinion or sometimes an assumption of what happened
or what went on. The results however are a statement of fact.

I can tell you how race day went. I went out for practice but after 200mts knew I
was going nowhere fast as the bike wouldnt pull the skin off a rice pudding and I
pulled in. I then missed P2 but had the bike ready and running for the first race.
Or should I say I thought I did - when the race was called the bike just would not start.
I missed watching race1 as I pulling the bike apart again, I luckily got the bike to start
For race2 but it ran unevenly to throttle opening and only went any good when flat out
So room for improvement on the carburattion front.

Well so everyone who got out there to keep bantam racing viable for the future.
Congratulations to Snowy for putting a 175 at the top of the table for the first
time ever! And well done to Graham on his return..
Back to top Go down
john bass

john bass

PostSubject: So Far So good...   First Meeting Results Icon_minitimeThu Apr 25, 2013 7:04 pm

So far so good -- thanks to you four -- Alan, Derek, Ted & Mike -- there are 4 more views than last year as a race-report. Could be a way of race reports -- straight from the mouths of the sufferers, successful and victors...

According to Derek it was quite chilly ... There´s nothing like being in wet leathers to feel uncomfortable even if it isn´t raining and the wet is only honest sweat.

So come on Sticky tell us how cold it was, how was your motor and all that.... -- and how you got your 3rd and 2nd ... and you too Tom Snow -- don´t be shy and timid, fill us in with all the gruesome facts...
--- Phil B..., Michael B... Andy M... Grajam N... , Rob D..., Ian S..., Robbie B..., Mike R... and Eddie for Malcolm too...

Its just as interesting to hear from the also rans and those who had DNFs next their name -- don´t be shy -- tell us why?

Like I said a thousand times, the only time I was at Mallory was when it was a grass track so come on Edward show us a picture

orv two of Mallory so I know where so-and-so fell off -- or am I asking too much.

Cheers! Or as the female squirrel said to her partner `May your nuts ever get warmer...!"

I.B. Hasbinn-Oldfahrt... (in Deutsch, driver = Fahrer and to fahrt is to drive, and having a double-barrelleed surname means I am an aristocrat!!....)

OK OK! so I´ll creep away and have a kip ....
Back to top Go down
175 Racer

175 Racer

Number of posts : 33
Registration date : 2012-06-29

PostSubject: Re: First Meeting Results   First Meeting Results Icon_minitimeFri Apr 26, 2013 2:21 am

Mike

Regarding,

Well so everyone who got out there to keep bantam racing viable for the future.
Congratulations to Snowy for putting a 175 at the top of the table for the first
time ever! And well done to Graham on his return.."

I have a feeling this is not quite right, didn't Mike Redhead lead the championship a couple of years ago (2010) on his 175 ? I think it was after three races two at Mallory and one at Three sisters and it was gone by race two :-)

James
Back to top Go down
mjpowell

mjpowell

Number of posts : 1074
Registration date : 2006-12-09

PostSubject: Re: First Meeting Results   First Meeting Results Icon_minitimeFri Apr 26, 2013 10:42 pm

oh right .. don't know. You have the scores on the doors archive ...

I recall I won the Fred Lauchbury on Jimmys bantam braked 175 in 05?
and Mick Potter was the first 175 rider to win a championship race at 3sisters..

Mike

Back to top Go down
ROBBIE

ROBBIE

Number of posts : 377
Registration date : 2006-12-25

PostSubject: Re: First Meeting Results   First Meeting Results Icon_minitimeMon Apr 29, 2013 8:05 am

Hi all
just picked up my bike this afternoon so bike now in bits.
the 2nd race had a new piston in which we was taking bets on how many laps it would do before it seized up
well only half a lap edwinas
well as for the first race
it was the same setup as practice day Ted only new paint job
and was flying the last lap flap went out as I exited gerrads bend the bike started to tighten up and as I approached edwinas it locked up
Back to top Go down
ted

ted

Number of posts : 184
Registration date : 2007-08-23

PostSubject: First Meeting Results   First Meeting Results Icon_minitimeTue Apr 30, 2013 1:12 am

Sorry about that Rob I thought you changed things from practice day. I now think you must have painted the inside of the motor as the change from one day to the next was so big. The new paint job looks good, well done. Wins or good places at Darley Moor please I want to get on front of Skippers first mate.
Back to top Go down
Edward Pickering

Edward Pickering

Number of posts : 739
Registration date : 2007-02-19

PostSubject: Re: First Meeting Results   First Meeting Results Icon_minitimeThu May 02, 2013 10:09 pm

http://mikeyiendmotorsports.zenfolio.com/f388181455

http://leehollickphotography.zenfolio.com/f1010273017
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: First Meeting Results   First Meeting Results Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

First Meeting Results
Page 1 of 1