BSA Bantam Racing
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
BSA Bantam Racing

Bantam Racing Club

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

ex Trevor Amos/Steve Woods water cooled formula bantam

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
joe93

Number of posts : 8
Registration date : 2011-12-28

ex Trevor Amos/Steve Woods water cooled formula bantam Empty
PostSubject: ex Trevor Amos/Steve Woods water cooled formula bantam   ex Trevor Amos/Steve Woods water cooled formula bantam Icon_minitimeSat Aug 17, 2013 7:19 pm

Hi bantam racers, I purchased the bantam just over a year ago, I  done two meetings on the bike but unfortunately I don’t have time or money to race the bike as I have a growing family and a house that needs allot of money spending on it.

I believe and have been told by many people that Trevor Amos built the bike, it has ”AMOS” stamped on the bottom yoke, I knew the bike very well when Steve woods owned the bike, he was very successful on this bike and it was very reliable, it was then owned by Tim partington were his son Sam done a couple of meetings on it then I purchased the bike, there is probably more history behind this bike if you ask other bantam racers that have been racing for a number of years

Over the winter and last few months I have gone through the whole bike, its had all new wheel bearings, new big end, main bearings and seals, new battery for the water pump, new foot rest hangers, pegs and levers fabricated, new paint work throughout, it has a Honda rs125 ignition which has been rewound a couple of months ago by west count windings to make sure the ignition system is reliable, new split roller primary chain.

I also fabricated a new high level exhaust pipe to gain power and improve ground clearance, the old pipe is included and still intact so it can still be used, tyres are Dunlop kr825’s and have done three meetings

In the sale there is a full spares package which includes

Full front and rear sprocket sets for all circuits
Spare chains, split link ect
Gaskets, o rings, seals
Brake pads
Ngk racing Spark plugs
Pistons, liners, rings
Factory Honda mt125 paddock stand
Plus lots of other bits and pieces all in a large tool box which can be wheeled around and took to race meetings

This is a great package which I have spent allot of time and money on and is ready to go, just seems a great shame to see it sitting in the garage when it could be out on the track racing with all the other bantams which is what it was built for

Any questions or if you want anymore pictures please phone 07809207965 or email joebutcher93108@hotmail.co.uk
ex Trevor Amos/Steve Woods water cooled formula bantam 100_1528_zpsc94b2858
ex Trevor Amos/Steve Woods water cooled formula bantam 100_1527_zpsd76e2309
ex Trevor Amos/Steve Woods water cooled formula bantam 100_1525_zps78cc65a8
ex Trevor Amos/Steve Woods water cooled formula bantam 100_1524_zps4d00ed87
ex Trevor Amos/Steve Woods water cooled formula bantam 100_1522_zpsed419a23
ex Trevor Amos/Steve Woods water cooled formula bantam 100_1518_zpsd6becbae
Back to top Go down
john bass

john bass

Number of posts : 1748
Registration date : 2006-12-06

PostSubject: Looks Good...   ex Trevor Amos/Steve Woods water cooled formula bantam Icon_minitimeSat Aug 17, 2013 9:37 pm

Looks Good, Joe!

I hope you get a buyer ... All the best!

JayBee.
Back to top Go down
http://t-online.de
joe93

PostSubject: Re: ex Trevor Amos/Steve Woods water cooled formula bantam   ex Trevor Amos/Steve Woods water cooled formula bantam Icon_minitimeSun Aug 18, 2013 3:29 am

thanks john! hope your well

Trevor Amos has gave me some more helpful history on the bantam, Steve Hall and Colin Jacobs built and developed the bike but they used Trevor Amos drawings, notes, help and advice

Mark Carkeek won three championships on this bike and the frame was bade by Bob Newby

thanks Trevor
Back to top Go down
ted

ted

Number of posts : 184
Registration date : 2007-08-23

PostSubject: Exx trevor Amos/steve woods   ex Trevor Amos/Steve Woods water cooled formula bantam Icon_minitimeSun Aug 18, 2013 7:28 pm

Joe are you thinking of putting the Lister engine in the frame if it is not sold.
Back to top Go down
Derek

Derek

Number of posts : 1065
Registration date : 2007-06-15

PostSubject: Re: ex Trevor Amos/Steve Woods water cooled formula bantam   ex Trevor Amos/Steve Woods water cooled formula bantam Icon_minitimeWed Aug 21, 2013 5:58 pm

"what a beauty" and I love the fairing.

Back to top Go down
joe93

PostSubject: Re: ex Trevor Amos/Steve Woods water cooled formula bantam   ex Trevor Amos/Steve Woods water cooled formula bantam Icon_minitimeFri Aug 23, 2013 7:14 am

BIKE NOW SOLD
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: ex Trevor Amos/Steve Woods water cooled formula bantam   ex Trevor Amos/Steve Woods water cooled formula bantam Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

ex Trevor Amos/Steve Woods water cooled formula bantam
Page 1 of 1