BSA Bantam Racing
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
BSA Bantam Racing

Bantam Racing Club

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

BRC transfers and emblems

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
johnSbantam

johnSbantam

Number of posts : 259
Registration date : 2006-12-01

BRC transfers and emblems Empty
PostSubject: BRC transfers and emblems   BRC transfers and emblems Icon_minitimeSun Jan 12, 2014 4:57 pm

Some might find a good home and use for these ?

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=251418589946&ssPageName=ADME:B:WNA:GB:3160
Back to top Go down
john bass

john bass

Number of posts : 1748
Registration date : 2006-12-06

BRC transfers and emblems Empty
PostSubject: The Prices...?   BRC transfers and emblems Icon_minitimeMon Jan 13, 2014 7:22 am

Interesting John!

The prices, of course had me cringing but we OAPs  must adjust to the times. A Bantam headlamp WITH RIM -- now there´s a thing! for only 9.99´.... Wow!

A young Teddy Boy sold me a whole Bantam grass-track racer for a fiver in 1957. Probably nicked, of course, but a decade later I wished I´d kept it when a whole Bantam from a Breaker cost me 15 quid.  

It was not the difference of costs that had me writing this. It was WHEN I wonder WAS THE BEST TIME FOR BANTAM RACING? It was RACING ON THE CHEAP and both my Bantams were very-low-cost and in spite of the odds against it I did enjoy racing them. In the Intermediate class, of course.

Would that BEST BANTAM RACING ERA be the first decade: 1961 -- 71 when Roy bacon and Fred Launchbury were dominant; or when I was riding Icarus-1 and 2 and sometimes racing when they both went well ... `68 -- 74 time;  or in Ned´s time as Chairman when he had a super BRC Magazine, reporting race meetings and Centre News***   --  Or is  it now...???  

Just something to think about when race-meeting reports are non-existent ...

Cheers!

*** we did those too with our Newsletter ... but not quite so splendiferously as Ned´s magazine....
Back to top Go down
http://t-online.de

BRC transfers and emblems
Page 1 of 1