BSA Bantam Racing
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
BSA Bantam Racing

Bantam Racing Club

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Thanks Trevor

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
mm_tribsa

mm_tribsa

Number of posts : 77
Registration date : 2008-03-12

Thanks Trevor Empty
PostSubject: Thanks Trevor   Thanks Trevor Icon_minitimeSat May 10, 2014 2:11 am

I feel I must thank Tervor for his contributions to this site, although I dont current ride a bantam his knowledge of racing 2strokes has given me so much food for thought and has helped me greatly when preparing my MT
Back to top Go down
Trevor Amos

Number of posts : 939
Registration date : 2010-08-13

Thanks Trevor Empty
PostSubject: Re: Thanks Trevor   Thanks Trevor Icon_minitimeSat May 10, 2014 5:59 am

My pleasure Mike, thank you for the plaudits, Its always gratifying to help and why I am here. I hope the MT goes all the better for my small input!

Trevor
Back to top Go down
john bass

john bass

Number of posts : 1748
Registration date : 2006-12-06

Thanks Trevor Empty
PostSubject: Thanks Trevor...   Thanks Trevor Icon_minitimeSun May 11, 2014 4:41 am

I endorse your remarks mm_tribsa -- thank you Trevor -- if I´d had the sort of info in 1968, that Trevor has been putting out here I´d have had a go at some serious tuning myself instead of leaving it to others to do for me. I cannot criticise Derek who persuaded me to build Icarus-1 in the first place we all thought that following Dr Joe Erhlic´s ideas was all there was to it and after all, he made the EMC fly -- or was it young Hailwood who made it fly? Quite frankly I was too heavy for a Bantam anyway and Derek providing Icarius-1 with a good torque curve was probably the better way to go -- plus Icarus-1 was reliable... Blair came in with the QUB as I was head-hunted away from Blighty and the Bantam Club. I excuse my lack of personal tuning on always being too busy which I regret now that it is too late.

But there was also a lot of progressive development of engines plus the cycle parts -- plus streamlining, of course -- in the club during its existence and one could point a finger at certain times when chancy new ideas -- like water-cooling came in -- and max-revs got into double figures... etc... etc.....

Cheers!
Back to top Go down
http://t-online.de
Sponsored content

Thanks Trevor Empty
PostSubject: Re: Thanks Trevor   Thanks Trevor Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Thanks Trevor
Page 1 of 1