BSA Bantam Racing
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
BSA Bantam Racing

Bantam Racing Club

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Three Sisters

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage

Three Sisters Empty
PostSubject: Three Sisters   Three Sisters Icon_minitimeSun Dec 16, 2007 8:02 pm

I have ridden all the circuits on this years list except three sisters. I have found a picture of the layout, do we just go around the outside loop ?

James

Three Sisters 3sisters
Back to top Go down
mikisprosen

mikisprosen

Number of posts : 14
Registration date : 2006-12-14

Three Sisters Empty
PostSubject: Re: Three Sisters   Three Sisters Icon_minitimeSun Dec 16, 2007 8:33 pm

Hi James, as far as we remember it isn't just a question of round the outside, I thing we do the vally and the esses as well. It is a cart track so tight corners, quite good for bantams really.
Back to top Go down
mjpowell

mjpowell

Number of posts : 1074
Registration date : 2006-12-09

Three Sisters Empty
PostSubject: Three sisters   Three Sisters Icon_minitimeMon Dec 17, 2007 2:13 am

Hi James from your map, from the flag clockwise - you go round the big sweeping bend which is also a hill (in top gear for 85mph) on the top you head down hill to a sharp right, open the throttle on exit then its time to close it again and brake for a wideish right hander (wide by three sisters standards) open throttle, close it and brake for the valley a stop and go tight as you like harpin. Away uphill then downhill again to the esses 1st left hander then an immediate right followed by an immediate left. Apply power and shut again for the left hander of lunar bend which becomes a right,right and another right before becoming the shortest straight in the history of bantam racing.... all in 0.9 of a mile! Its a great place a bit like a two-wheel fair ground ride. You'll enjoy it ! Mike
Back to top Go down
mjpowell

mjpowell

Number of posts : 1074
Registration date : 2006-12-09

Three Sisters Empty
PostSubject: Gears and gearing   Three Sisters Icon_minitimeMon Dec 17, 2007 4:27 am

And another thing to consider is not just your gearing but also internal gear ratios.. By changing your motors gearbox 'output pair' can make the gaps between gears more useful at different circuits. There are :- 24/23 Close Ratio - 25/22 Semi Close - 26/21 Late D7 Road .... and with practice, can be changed in an hour and a half. All these gears I have found at autojumbles.... I hope you didn't think bantam racing was easy? It takes a lot of dedication and commitment.....?
Regards Mike
Back to top Go down
SteveF

SteveF

Number of posts : 54
Registration date : 2006-12-04

Three Sisters Empty
PostSubject: Re: Three Sisters   Three Sisters Icon_minitimeMon Dec 17, 2007 7:25 am

Jesus! Mike what have you done! Robbie going be a blurr changing internal gears between races
Back to top Go down
ROBBIE

ROBBIE

Number of posts : 377
Registration date : 2006-12-25

Three Sisters Empty
PostSubject: Re: Three Sisters   Three Sisters Icon_minitimeMon Dec 17, 2007 7:29 am

Hi steve
yes just thinking bout the gears what fun Laughing tom would love me pulling cases apart between races Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Three Sisters Empty
PostSubject: Re: Three Sisters   Three Sisters Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Three Sisters
Page 1 of 1