BSA Bantam Racing
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
BSA Bantam Racing

Bantam Racing Club

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Pottering Points...

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
john bass

john bass

Number of posts : 1748
Registration date : 2006-12-06

Pottering Points... Empty
PostSubject: Pottering Points...   Pottering Points... Icon_minitimeSat Jan 05, 2008 3:33 am

Hi Folks!
What was old PeeTea on about ?-- Ned & I would not be able to hack this new Forum set up? (That was said, by PeeTea, sometime late last year...). So! What happened?
I´m back without any bother...
Happy new year to you all...
Just got back from a fortnight in the Eifel, not far from where the crazy camping bikers have the Elefant Rally (in warmer weather, of course).
Couple of years back I flew over the Nuremburg circuit there in a motorised glider. Cor! and asked our Landlord (holiday apartment by a volcanic lake, no less...) if I could borrow his BMW for a steady old run around the circuit. He must have heard what I did to Ned`s lovely little Bantam in the 1981's Parade because he smartly locked the bike away...
Now, let´s get serious.
The Wobbleyman Trophy: in 2006 was for the Season´s Improved Rider and will be for 2007´s season, the 175 Champ trophy -- thus stated Mike Powell.
So, Mike!
What about the 2008 season´s award? Keep the lads motivated like!?
Do NOT let the Points-and-Drops argument drop without doing nowt!
The `Potter Points´ notion seemed a very good idea, to me. Riders the likes of old PeeTea -- when they are getting too old to get near the front and rely on Drops for a few Champ points can keep up their motivation by grabbing a few Finishing Points -- which could be combined with the Old Band-Aid Award points system. I think the Wobbleyman would have liked that -- his attitude of "...beat the Bass, no matter what..." often had him gaining Band-Aid points. `X´ points for falling whilst trying ... and `Y´ points for finishing. Might get called the, "Potter Points" -- or not?
3X points = 2Y Points -- or somesuch formulae...?
OK -- OK! so I´ll go & crawl back in ... Stay cool,
Go well and keep well!
Aye! JayBee.
Back to top Go down
http://t-online.de
ptibbitt125

ptibbitt125

Number of posts : 282
Registration date : 2006-12-04

PostSubject: Trophies   Pottering Points... Icon_minitimeFri Jan 11, 2008 2:04 am

John,

I think Mike had in mind permamently assigning the Wobbleyman Trophy to the Formula 175 champion. I would suggest we keep it that way as to chop and change what its awarded for will confuse the heck out of us.

Anyway, what do you think? scratch I did like the 3x = 12 Y or some such - there should be a reward for sticking one's neck out and sustaining a fall. clown
Back to top Go down
john bass

john bass

PostSubject: OK! Wobbleyman as 175 Champ...   Pottering Points... Icon_minitimeFri Jan 11, 2008 3:15 am

Hi Peter!
You are right -- too much wobbling about (with the Wobbleyman trophy) will have all the riders puzzled.
The Wobbly trophy is a worthy 175-Champ award, keep it that way.
What do you -- and the rest of the `Bantam Ravers´ out there -- think of having a whip for a new `Potter-Finish cum Band-Aid trophy´ where a rider gains the award on a formula similar to what you said, except that a fall oughtn´t to be too highly rewarded ... ? Just as example: To be eligibile a rider must finish 4 races within a given percentage of race winner´s time during the season. At 2 points per finish (outside Championship points range, of course) and 4 points for each fall the minimum points score would be 12 and the max around 4 to 5 times that... So there´d be plenty of scope for the Also-Rans to finish as many races as possible towards the season`s end...
If the fall points are too high you might get some nasty 'stunt type´ crashes with unnecessary injuries...
I rest my case,
Aye! JayBee.
Back to top Go down
john bass

john bass

PostSubject: Another PS to Points...   Pottering Points... Icon_minitimeFri Jan 11, 2008 6:55 pm

Peter, Mike & Mick -- well all you Bantam Ravers!
I might have made a boob here.
Continuing this notion of a `Finishing Points cum Band-Aid award´...
The reason for the cry of "... a club within a club..." crops up - now. As `lodgers´ the Bantam Racers can´t ask -- or expect too much...
i.e. The timekeepers would have an extra job to do unless its all done by the electronic means.
Questioning those 2 statements -- do all entrants have -- or have to have -- the transponder(? -- is that right?)--(the IT thing) attached to the bike? If not, with some being manually timed, it´s doubtful whether accurate scoring would be possible and the possibility of introducing an extra job to the organisers might be asking for uncomfortable lodging moments...
Then there´s the big question of HOW MANY RIDERS might be involved?
I looked at the Results Sheet -- not so many Bantams...
Uh oh! Nice knowing you -- I`ll crawl back in...
Aye!
Jaybee.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Pottering Points...   Pottering Points... Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Pottering Points...
Page 1 of 1