BSA Bantam Racing
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
BSA Bantam Racing

Bantam Racing Club

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

If I was Peter Tibbitts, I would .....

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
mjpowell

mjpowell

Number of posts : 1074
Registration date : 2006-12-09

If I was Peter Tibbitts, I would ..... Empty
PostSubject: If I was Peter Tibbitts, I would .....   If I was Peter Tibbitts, I would ..... Icon_minitimeFri Jan 18, 2008 4:18 am

Peter, if i was you i would get that air-cooled alloy barrell you have - get a liner in it and ported with big holes with a bore of 62 -66 get some cases sorted with a big-wheels 58 stroke crank (aim for 9'000 max) and a semi or touring(?) g/box! This may help with your gentlemans dis-avantage (i won't go any further)? Result - you leading the pack of current 'big bant runners' and improving your race positions and lap times!! Anyway i'm not you, so carry on ..... what would you do if you were me ?

Kind Regards Mike
Back to top Go down
ptibbitt125

ptibbitt125

Number of posts : 282
Registration date : 2006-12-04

PostSubject: If I were Mike Powell, I'd   If I was Peter Tibbitts, I would ..... Icon_minitimeSat Jan 19, 2008 2:25 am

take it easy.... after all, a peridictomy, cor.....ooh nasty

Sorry, trying unsuccessfully to Leslie Phillips there

Put it about surrepticously that you have found another 2 bhp, and wait for the opposition to try and find same. Should be able to bag points while unreliability visits others.

I think you must be very bored, so get your nose in a good book
Back to top Go down
john bass

john bass

Number of posts : 1748
Registration date : 2006-12-06

PostSubject: Sleeve Valve... that´s it! Next bit of cheating...   If I was Peter Tibbitts, I would ..... Icon_minitimeSat Jan 19, 2008 6:35 am

Hi Peter!
I told him which book -- Tony Foale & Vic Willoughby ... remember it?
What comes after "Square" bore & stroke, Reed Valve and electronic ignition? Those which are cheating of the true Bantam formula? Might we see a sleeve-valve engine? Come to think of it there´s never been any sleeve valve motors in The Aeroplane mags -- have there?
Stay cool and keep well,
Aye! John-Boy.
`Who dares wins´ -- motto of the SAS commandos.
Back to top Go down
http://t-online.de
ptibbitt125

ptibbitt125

PostSubject: Bristols   If I was Peter Tibbitts, I would ..... Icon_minitimeSun Jan 20, 2008 6:08 am

John,

Aeroplane Monthly did a very nice little article on the Bristol Sleeve Valve Piston Aero engines, in the last year. There is an Aero museum in Moreton-in-Marsh that has a lot of Sleeve valve parts and engines on display. Its run by a charming 80+ yr old bod, well worth a visit if you are over here.

http://www.wellingtonaviation.org/docs/index.htm javascript:emoticonp('Wink')
Wink
Back to top Go down
john bass

john bass

PostSubject: Morton in the Marsh...   If I was Peter Tibbitts, I would ..... Icon_minitimeSun Jan 20, 2008 9:55 pm

Thanks Peter!
Optimistically I have booked into the Chepstow Hotel for my old army school reunion (to happen in September!).
Shall get my Southend buddy (he sells aircraft spares...) to run me round to the museum. Looks really rustic Gloucestershire ... IMechE´s journal had a good pic of a Wellington under renovation. Didn´t know Wellies had Bristol sleeve valve engines.
All the best,
Aye,
Back to top Go down
ptibbitt125

ptibbitt125

PostSubject: Southend Aircraft parts dealer   If I was Peter Tibbitts, I would ..... Icon_minitimeMon Jan 21, 2008 5:55 am

Not a descendant of Freddie Laker is he?
Back to top Go down
john bass

john bass

PostSubject: Sleeve Valve... that´s it! I´m going for it!   If I was Peter Tibbitts, I would ..... Icon_minitimeMon Jan 21, 2008 5:14 pm

Hi Peter!
Got this idea for a sleeve-valve motor see. Southend buddy phoned me yesterday. He worked on Bristol engines at some time. Reckons it was a `knuckle masher´ to mechanic... He´s been in aircraft business since the fifties. Made a lot of money -- maybe as much as Freddie... So I´ll see if he´d like to sponsor...?
Hey! This was supposed to be Mike´s chat. Did he have peritonitis? If so I know quite a bit about it cos´ I had it twice. Exploded appendix 1st time -- 2nd in Kenya was typhoid complications -- should have been dead -- twice.
Recently I was deleted from a site. Do you think we might get drummed out of this site for being inappropriate?
Take care,
Aye! JB.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Wellington's (as in plane, not footwear)   If I was Peter Tibbitts, I would ..... Icon_minitimeMon Jan 21, 2008 7:28 pm

Having spent far too long of my life in Moreton (at the Fire Service Training College), I managed to visit some (most) of the local hostillery's whilst staying there, therefore, if you are going, try the pub called the "Wellington",(sells it's own micro-brewery selection). It is on the main road out of Moreton heading toward the College, about half a mile from the train station.
KA
Back to top Go down
john bass

john bass

PostSubject: Morton in the Marsh...   If I was Peter Tibbitts, I would ..... Icon_minitimeTue Jan 22, 2008 12:22 am

Willco!
Thanks KA -- if I see you there I´ll stand you a pint.
Aye! JayBee.
Back to top Go down
ptibbitt125

ptibbitt125

PostSubject: Voila:-   If I was Peter Tibbitts, I would ..... Icon_minitimeThu Jan 24, 2008 12:20 am

http://www.hooky-pubs.co.uk/pubs/location_maps/wellington.html

drunken
Back to top Go down
johnSbantam

johnSbantam

Number of posts : 259
Registration date : 2006-12-01

PostSubject: Hooky   If I was Peter Tibbitts, I would ..... Icon_minitimeThu Jan 24, 2008 11:57 am

Happy New Year Pete and others.

I can thoroughly recommend both the Wellington Pub and the Hook Norton beers. I spent many a happy Saturday night racing home from there or Chipping Campen on my D10. We made a nostalgic trip to the brewery after a trip round the old school when we were last over. Your brother in law will probably know the Old Bloxhamists associated with HNB. There is a Kiwi connection too as our local RNZAF 75 squadron trained on Wellingtons at Moreton. Busily getting 2 bikes ready for the last big Pukekohe festival.
Back to top Go down
ptibbitt125

ptibbitt125

PostSubject: last big Puckahoe?   If I was Peter Tibbitts, I would ..... Icon_minitimeFri Jan 25, 2008 10:43 pm

Hi John,

Yes I think 75NZ went on to fly Lacasters from Gransden Lodge (near us)

Its good to hear from you. What's happening with the Puckahoe meeting then? I thought it would go from strength to strength.

Aidan and I have barely started our 2008 season prep, as you have probrbly already read elsewhere. Several people are commenting that some paint on my fairing might not go amiss.... jocolor
Back to top Go down
johnSbantam

johnSbantam

Number of posts : 259
Registration date : 2006-12-01

PostSubject: Pukekohe Festival and Bosch water pumps   If I was Peter Tibbitts, I would ..... Icon_minitimeSat Jan 26, 2008 1:32 pm

Pukekohe tarmac raceway will be closed by the adjacent horse racing circuit owners this year and the Festival will move South to new circuit at Hampen Downs. Certainly it gets bigger every year. We hope the friendly International camping atmosphere will remain, but we fear the higher circuit costs as happened at Taupo after A1GP/?motoGP improvements.

On another tack, I can't locate a Bosch pump with your number, presumably those car models weren't imported here. Does this look similar and suitable ? www.boschmotorsandcontrols.co.uk/elektromotoren/aggregate/wasserumwaelzpumpen/0392020024/index.htm or for slightly higher flow rate the 034 model.
Back to top Go down
ptibbitt125

ptibbitt125

PostSubject: Wasser pump   If I was Peter Tibbitts, I would ..... Icon_minitimeTue Jan 29, 2008 2:12 am

Hi John,

That looks identical to what we have, should be fine.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: If I was Peter Tibbitts, I would .....   If I was Peter Tibbitts, I would ..... Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

If I was Peter Tibbitts, I would .....
Page 1 of 1