BSA Bantam Racing
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
BSA Bantam Racing

Bantam Racing Club

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

2008 preparation...

Go down 
+2
ray davis
mjpowell
6 posters
AuthorMessage
mjpowell

mjpowell

Number of posts : 1074
Registration date : 2006-12-09

2008 preparation... Empty
PostSubject: 2008 preparation...   2008 preparation... Icon_minitimeTue Jan 22, 2008 4:48 am

Not long now, how is everybodies 08 preparation going? I'm happy with mine and after a couple of days on the dyno have teaked another 2bhp out of the motor ....... Mike
Back to top Go down
ray davis

ray davis

Number of posts : 68
Registration date : 2006-12-08

PostSubject: weight loss   2008 preparation... Icon_minitimeWed Jan 23, 2008 1:55 am

my only hope is to reduce weight. on me that is ... on tuna salads and swimming 4 times a week. also planning a new frame but limited with resources as always!!

ray
Back to top Go down
alan
Admin
alan

Number of posts : 453
Registration date : 2006-12-01

PostSubject: weight loss van loss and crankcases   2008 preparation... Icon_minitimeWed Jan 23, 2008 3:29 am

Hi Mike and all,
My preparations are a bit feverish at the moment, I am replacing the (very) broken crankcases on the bike and hope to get that complete in time, the new frame is yet to materialize so that will project will continue into the year. Hopefully some sound carburation and setting up will help the new cases provide a bit more power.....
The major downer has been the loss of the battlebus to thieves, it was eventually burned out (quite a story) and left me devoid of transport. This is to be cured by buying the Tibbitts van (ta much Pete) so at least I can get to the meetings ok. My welding gear was in the van so this is a serious blow to my efforts and I will have to work hard to replace this!
I still need to loose a few pounds of ugly fat (the head? didn't need it to race anyway)) from the Christmas bounty! but they are steadily coming off and I will get to my usual race weight in time for Mallory.
I found a gearbox for the new engine (thanks Robbie) so that will progress through the year provided nothing else gets in the way.
Hope all of you out there are getting ready... Simon? are you still racing this year?
See you all at Mallory,
Alan
Back to top Go down
https://bsabantamracing.editboard.com
Mick Potter

Mick Potter

Number of posts : 125
Registration date : 2007-06-09

PostSubject: Re: 2008 preparation...   2008 preparation... Icon_minitimeWed Jan 23, 2008 7:12 am

Hi all
I dont think outright power is the beall & endall, but power to weight ratio.
In persute of an increase of power relative to weight I heve been on a diet from the end of the last season. If I manage to keep up the weight loss at the curant rate of progress I estamate weighing 3.5 Stones at the start of the season.
Keep eating all the pies. jocolor
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: 2008 preparation...   2008 preparation... Icon_minitimeWed Jan 23, 2008 7:18 am

Have a pile of miscellaneous parts planning on building a 125, current target is to have them together into something resembling a Bantam for Mallory .... in June.

This year I am hoping not to halve its power to weight ratio the moment I sit on it though !! bounce
Back to top Go down
slackbladder

slackbladder

Number of posts : 19
Registration date : 2006-12-13

PostSubject: Re: 2008 preparation...   2008 preparation... Icon_minitimeWed Jan 23, 2008 9:27 am

Hi mike and all,the bike is coming on very well,
Got out of garage at 9 pm tonight,
All i have to do now is re mount rad,and my good friend alan ,
to weld new exhaust,
Tom is sending cones for pipe,mid feb alan will fit round bike,
Then my friend will dyno ,
Fingers crossed,away i go,
Back to top Go down
ptibbitt125

ptibbitt125

Number of posts : 282
Registration date : 2006-12-04

PostSubject: Inactivity   2008 preparation... Icon_minitimeThu Jan 24, 2008 12:07 am

here in the Tibbitts camp not much has occurred. Fairing removed, pressure tests post cadwell carried out, race log read, ignition sent back to makers for upgraded gen coil.

Basically need to rebuild the bottom end as all components past their sell by date.

Then I shall read Aidan's log to see what we need to do to that one. Sleep
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: 2008 preparation...   2008 preparation... Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

2008 preparation...
Page 1 of 1