BSA Bantam Racing
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
BSA Bantam Racing

Bantam Racing Club

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Website Hosting

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage

Website Hosting Empty
PostSubject: Website Hosting   Website Hosting Icon_minitimeSat Feb 09, 2008 8:03 am

I receive copies of the renewal statements from the website hosts.

Alan has just had to pay £30:00 to keep the website online for another year.

I would like to suggest we all donate £2:00 towards the upkeep of the site, rather than leaving a single person to pay.

My cheque is in the post !! Very Happy

James
Back to top Go down
Sport-Pics

Sport-Pics

Number of posts : 107
Registration date : 2006-12-02

Website Hosting Empty
PostSubject: Re: Website Hosting   Website Hosting Icon_minitimeSat Feb 09, 2008 7:10 pm

I have a mate who runs a website for us photographers and he has a PayPal donate button installed on the front page.

If Alan could cut and paste it in, I am sure we could all donate whatever we wish.

However, as I have a commercial interest in keeping the site going, I am quite happy to stump up the £30.00 by way of payment for "advertising" on the website.

Cheque is in the post.

Regards,

Rusty
Back to top Go down
http://www.sport-pics.co.uk
john bass

john bass

Number of posts : 1748
Registration date : 2006-12-06

Website Hosting Empty
PostSubject: Website Hosting...   Website Hosting Icon_minitimeSun Feb 10, 2008 1:28 am

Hi Alan and youall!
I was looking thro´ some ancient paperwork and came across a crumpled ten pound note. Can´t remember how it could have got there. Obviously I don´t need it, so I´ll post it you, Alan to help with the website funding.
It´s no good sending a cheque because the banks make a 5 pound charge on overseas cheques up to 40 quid -- if you follow my meaning.
Second thoughts -- Alan! if you gather enough in by using a fiver of it then keep the other fiver for a whip round -- marshalls Xmas gift or perhaps another trophy.
Take care, go well and keep well,
Aye, JayBee.
Back to top Go down
http://t-online.de
Mick Jones

Mick Jones

Number of posts : 162
Registration date : 2006-12-05

Website Hosting Empty
PostSubject: Re: Website Hosting   Website Hosting Icon_minitimeSun Feb 10, 2008 6:13 am

30 notes seems a bit steep to me guys. My domain name and server space doesn't cost that and I have several sites living there. My forum cost zilch except for a small fee (£2) about twice a year to keep it ad free. There are some good deals out there.
PS, nice one Russ, very noble of you, a true gent.
Back to top Go down
Sport-Pics

Sport-Pics

Number of posts : 107
Registration date : 2006-12-02

Website Hosting Empty
PostSubject: Re: Website Hosting   Website Hosting Icon_minitimeSun Feb 10, 2008 8:04 am

Hi Mick,

I frequent quite a few forums (as I don't just do classic & vintage racing) and I have to pay on some (not all) or provide them with photos etc. This enables me to advertise. As I have a very big soft spot for Bantams, believe me, £30.00 is a small amount to keep this thing alive.

Rusty
Back to top Go down
http://www.sport-pics.co.uk
alan
Admin
alan

Number of posts : 453
Registration date : 2006-12-01

Website Hosting Empty
PostSubject: web hosting   Website Hosting Icon_minitimeSun Feb 10, 2008 8:13 am

Hi Everyone at Last!
Finally the fault at the exchange has been sorted and I now am back in the digital world again!
Many thanks to all who have offered help with the hosting. Note that the forum is free, the only payment is to the web hosting, this is a historical thing from when Di and Andy Moulden set the site up in the first place, and short of a great deal of trouble we are stuck with it! it does take up a fair amount of time but for the sake of bantam racing in general I believe is a worthwhile thing to do and maintain.
For transparency the site costs £30.00 every year, and Andy was covering this either from his own pocket, or by the sale of "bantam tuning guide CD's".
I have dropped the CD's as the same info is already on the site (someone would complain eventually!), and the CD's take a good deal of sorting out, plus over two years only two have been sold, not really worth the time it takes to get them printed etc etc... Both myself and James covered the site cost from our own pockets other than when anyone has made a donation at race meetings (many thanks to all who did!).
I hope to add more to the site and with James Cook's help occasionally (ta mate!) it will grow slowly, all articles greatfully received and thanks Russ for the offer as well. I have no problem in advertising your wares as it does a great service to bantam racing as well!
Regards,
Alan
Back to top Go down
https://bsabantamracing.editboard.com
alan
Admin
alan

Website Hosting Empty
PostSubject: Many thanks!!   Website Hosting Icon_minitimeSun Feb 17, 2008 8:37 pm

To All Bantam Racers,
On Behalf of all bantam racers I thank both Russell Lee of Sport-pics and the "ever green" John Bass for the donation of cash to cover the cost of the bantam website registration fees.
If you see any of them in the paddock or anywhere for that matter please mention it and thank them.
Many thanks again from me
Alan
Back to top Go down
john bass

john bass

Number of posts : 1748
Registration date : 2006-12-06

Website Hosting Empty
PostSubject: Hosting!   Website Hosting Icon_minitimeSun Feb 17, 2008 9:38 pm

Thanks Alan!
Coo! I´ve changed colour from green to red -- blushing ...
The photos were as disguise... not meant for further use. That day, though, was memorable -- we were at about 2000 feet above the Pulvermaar lake which is 80metres deep... Frank, the pilot, yelled through the intercom, "Ready!?". No chance to ask -- for what? He put the autogiro into a vertical dive so that all between me and the lake was a tiny slip of perspex! Frank swooped thro´ 90degrees to have us at 5 metres (seemed like 5...) above the surface...
All the best,
Now, stop fussing about the web-site and get on with your Bantam...
All the best,
JB.
Back to top Go down
http://t-online.de
alan
Admin
alan

Website Hosting Empty
PostSubject: Re: Website Hosting   Website Hosting Icon_minitimeThu Feb 21, 2008 3:24 am

Hi John,
Can't imajine you getting me up in one of those whirly gig things!! looks more like a smoothie wisk!
so I will get along and sort out the bantam in time for the first meeting!
Many thanks,
Alan
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Website Hosting Empty
PostSubject: Re: Website Hosting   Website Hosting Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Website Hosting
Page 1 of 1