BSA Bantam Racing
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
BSA Bantam Racing

Bantam Racing Club

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Wasting and Flipping?

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
mjpowell

mjpowell

Number of posts : 1074
Registration date : 2006-12-09

Wasting and Flipping? Empty
PostSubject: Wasting and Flipping?   Wasting and Flipping? Icon_minitimeWed Mar 12, 2008 6:17 am

I read with interest today in The Independant about jockey's race preparation ready for the Cheltenham Gold Cup. At the weigh-in jocket plus saddle have a minimum weight of 50kgs? and many jockets have 3 hour sauna's and deheydrate themselves prior (day before) to races and this is called 'wasting'. Another favourite is 'flipping' which is inforced vomiting!! Lets hope we never start flipping and wasting??

Well the seasons nearly upon us, is that why its all none quiet ? please place your bets now! Is this the season that a 'big bantam' wins the championship? Remember anyone who wins the championship on a 175 can never do so again! because they have to change up to a 125!!

See you all soon .......Mike
Back to top Go down
john bass

john bass

Number of posts : 1748
Registration date : 2006-12-06

PostSubject: Body Weight reduction & Jocks...   Wasting and Flipping? Icon_minitimeWed Mar 12, 2008 7:55 pm

Hi Mike!
You are reading a lot lately -- what else I wonder!?
Interesting stuff though, that you mentioned. Lester Piggott who lost his SIR when he got done for income tax evasion said he hated smoking had got into the habit, during jockeying before prison, of smoking a cigar immediately after waking up -- so that he´d not go eating brekkys. Terrible! What I did to my poor body just to ride a snotty little Bantam was inhuman. But it was a worthwhile experience to get to know I was
never intended to be a road-racer and that the Bantam was a remarkably well developed race machine compared with the expensive elite coimuing out of Japanese factories.

Wet, cold & windy here -- I hope Friday at Mallory will be opposite.
Peter T...! -- no matter what -- you show `em how its done.

I haven´t finished with `Moments´ yet -- there was this article about how an upside-down cat when thrown into the air rights itself before gravity has caused it to land feet first. I think the theory in that -- article in the `New Scientist´ inf 1951 -- shows why Stoner and Lorenzo put it over Rossi last weekend. S & L are cosnatantly on the move, on -- or in -- the saddle. It is all to do with how the cat manipulates the CofG of his (the cat`s) front-half to then manipulate the CofG of the back half ....
There´s a fantastic mathematical formula, incorporating use of Moments, in that exercise!
Uh oh! OK -- so I`ll shut it up...
But GOOD LUCK on Friday you Bantam racers.
Aye! JayBee.

PS Going across to see Slick, in The Island, next week. Don´t forget the force-of-gravity ... Keep Well. JB.
Back to top Go down
http://t-online.de
ray davis

ray davis

Number of posts : 68
Registration date : 2006-12-08

PostSubject: Re: Wasting and Flipping?   Wasting and Flipping? Icon_minitimeThu Mar 13, 2008 8:08 pm

interesting stuff! around christmas time i carried a batch of bottled water from the supermarket (6 x 1.5 litres = 9kg) ... and it got me thinking what the bantam would go like with out that excess ... so rather than drilling holes everywhere i have taken the weight off me! not that much of a struggle really and my leathers might even fit now!

just hope i haven´t put the weight on the bike with all the rushed labour i have put into getting the bike ready for mallory. way behind and bike completely in bits without even a seat frame planned or executed. but i am still hoping to be there! of course there is still the matter of a twenty hour drive at the end of my graft on the bike so if i am racing with matchsticks holding my eyes open you will know why!!

ray
Back to top Go down
alan
Admin
alan

Number of posts : 453
Registration date : 2006-12-01

PostSubject: A Flipping Waste (of a practice day)   Wasting and Flipping? Icon_minitimeFri Mar 14, 2008 12:23 am

Hi All,
I know how you feel Ray! I am just about to attempt to put the bike back together with little time to get it completed, the new crankcases were a mega task to get completed and fought back at every possible chance! However I seem to be ready to assemble, so a day off work when I should be out practicing with the bantam boys, will at least get the engine in one piece, and I hope up and running over the weekend.
little chance of a set up day out, so I will be winging it at Mallory and hoping that the thing holds together for a couple of races.
My major weight loss for this year is the extraction of the grey matter just prior to practice.... it will help!
More power to the right wrist.. and have a good day testing

Alan
Back to top Go down
https://bsabantamracing.editboard.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Wasting and Flipping?   Wasting and Flipping? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Wasting and Flipping?
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
BSA Bantam Racing :: Your first category :: Bantam Racing Forum-