BSA Bantam Racing
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
BSA Bantam Racing

Bantam Racing Club

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

0000 are ya then.... don't be shy ...

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
tangozulu

tangozulu

Number of posts : 30
Registration date : 2008-05-09

0000 are ya then.... don't be shy ... Empty
PostSubject: 0000 are ya then.... don't be shy ...   0000 are ya then.... don't be shy ... Icon_minitimeMon Sep 08, 2008 8:16 pm

No reply from telegram boy then..... ho hum ... Hi Mick, yeah back from that wet place called the IOM .. and the plentiful cries of "Riders should be aware that there is mist (along with rain, high winds, snow, sandstorms, invasions of locusts (all with IOM tee shirts I may add) on the mountain .. in the valleys, Douglas and every bloody where else!!" Don't camp in the IOM!!!

Went spectating at the end of the Cronk-y-Voddy straight .. and the right hander... bloody hell! wow that was scary ... just charging into a blind right at 140 plus ... some 160 ... wow ... did I do that once!!! Anyone got a bike they want aired at the next Manx ... just gotta have another go, even at my age ... awesome ... tragic about John Goodall a very successful and likeable super fast pensioner who had raced the IOM for over 25 years and knew every inch and was leading when ...

I was advised by expert’s years ago that you shouldn't really slip stream properly at the IOM, especially approaching hard braking points .. it's when engines blow most often ... mine did .. TWICE..

Did anyone notice that that rag called MCN has stopped reporting the Manx, and doesn't seem to publish club race results anymore ... as Barry Sheene once said "They (MCN) would never let the truth get in the way of a good story". Bring back the old 'Motor Cycle' I say, at least the journos were literate and had some kind of knowledge about grammar an' er stuff like. And didn't have stupid fotos of thick journo's "wiv their knee down" 'givin it some' ha ha ha I'm sure that endears us motorcyclists with the powers that be ... well done MCN!

I'm gonna start a campaign for a quality paper ...editor John Bass, who will appoint suitably mature individuals to bring quality and highly technical examination of the infernal combustion engine to the masses ... oh an' Jeremy Clarkson for publicity .. mostly self but who knows it might rub off.... Oh I can see it now ..on telly .. respected, giving expensive bikes a workout, jumping them over Clarkson et al and Ferraris and stuff. Oh fame and fortune beckons...

best to all .. certainly 1970-1978 were the best years of my life ... thanks all you soon-to-be pensioners out there that helped to make it so ...

Keith
Back to top Go down
andy keeler

Number of posts : 2
Registration date : 2008-09-01

PostSubject: Re: 0000 are ya then.... don't be shy ...   0000 are ya then.... don't be shy ... Icon_minitimeMon Sep 08, 2008 9:22 pm

hi keith? response to "dont be shy". my name is Andy Keeler, not famous, bit of an unknown really. best result i got was leading the field at snetterton on my bantam for a couple of laps, but holed a piston if i remember right..its heart warming to know the club is still active. just wish i could borrow the tardis and go back to 1970 and do it again.. this time with more grit and determination, instead of fannying about. the memories i will take to the grave is of watching ago on mv and the john player team battling it out, the sights,sounds and smells of those days!!! if anyone knows if Bernie (adey) is still on the planet? i would love to hear from him.good luck to all current riders, young and not so young, be safe..
Back to top Go down
ptibbitt125

ptibbitt125

Number of posts : 282
Registration date : 2006-12-04

PostSubject: Any relation?   0000 are ya then.... don't be shy ... Icon_minitimeTue Sep 09, 2008 7:53 am

Very strange this but I recall driving round the north Circular in about 1973 with Bernie, and we were following a rental truck. The name of the rental company was Keeler Truck Rentals or some such. Anyway Bernie told me this company would be a good sponsorship prospect as the proprietor was a Bob Keeler and had competed in TT's. I've just looked him up in my book. R D Keeler , and no slouch: - 3rd in the 1954 Junior, and 8th in same year senior, both rides Norton mounted.

I'm just a little intrigued!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: 0000 are ya then.... don't be shy ...   0000 are ya then.... don't be shy ... Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

0000 are ya then.... don't be shy ...
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
BSA Bantam Racing :: Your first category :: Bantam Racing Forum-
Jump to: