BSA Bantam Racing
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
BSA Bantam Racing

Bantam Racing Club

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Bantam Clas Issues

Go down 
+2
Chuckit
alan
6 posters
AuthorMessage
alan
Admin
alan

Number of posts : 453
Registration date : 2006-12-01

Bantam Clas Issues Empty
PostSubject: Bantam Clas Issues   Bantam Clas Issues Icon_minitimeSun Oct 05, 2008 7:58 pm

How's about a Bantam class meeting somewhere convenient to all. mainly to discuss how the class can be enhanced/made more attractive to new riders to increase the class generally? and also to talk over any other (rules maybe?) issues that could help everyone.
The BHR AGM is on the 9th November and hopefully I will be there, so maybe before that some of us can sit down somewhere.
A few ideas on the forum will help.
Any thoughts?
Alan
Back to top Go down
https://bsabantamracing.editboard.com
Chuckit

Chuckit

Number of posts : 33
Registration date : 2008-06-28

Bantam Clas Issues Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bantam Clas Issues   Bantam Clas Issues Icon_minitimeMon Oct 06, 2008 9:20 pm

Where did you have in mind Al? Somewhere central to those who want to attend?
Back to top Go down
ptibbitt125

ptibbitt125

Number of posts : 282
Registration date : 2006-12-04

Bantam Clas Issues Empty
PostSubject: AGM   Bantam Clas Issues Icon_minitimeTue Oct 07, 2008 10:34 pm

The AGM (Racing Section - VMCC) starts at 13:00, so any interested persons could congregate in one of the cafe areas beforehand, at say 11:30 hrs, discuss whatever over lunch?

I guess the alternative is to use this Forum in a structured way.

My view is that the former has the advantage of spontaneity, i.e. ideas being sparked off each other, but the latter will reach many more people.

Any other methods? Any views?
Back to top Go down
Chuckit

Chuckit

Number of posts : 33
Registration date : 2008-06-28

Bantam Clas Issues Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bantam Clas Issues   Bantam Clas Issues Icon_minitimeFri Oct 10, 2008 1:27 am

Good excuse for a look around the museum too!
Back to top Go down
Mick Potter

Mick Potter

Number of posts : 125
Registration date : 2007-06-09

Bantam Clas Issues Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bantam Clas Issues   Bantam Clas Issues Icon_minitimeSat Oct 11, 2008 7:34 am

A very good idea Alan.
I have been thinking for a couple of years or so, that we need to get together once a year to discus any maters that are of interest to our class (call it a Bantam Racing AGM for want of a better name) but where or when to hold sutch a meeting. The BHR AGM as you have sagested is one idea but so few of us will be there, will any meaningfull discusion take place. We might choose to have a meeting on the Saterday evening of one of the two day meetings during the year (Lyden or Angelsey for example). There will be the chance to bounce ideas of each outher, and we will have a verry good ternout. Or maybe one month of the year the foum will be open for people to post topics to vote on. Whatever we decide to do I think it is important that every year we discuss the issues that concern us. If we dont look after our class we may find outher clases in the BHR dicktating what we are alowed to do.
I think our regulations for 125,s and 175's are verry good and produce good close racing. Mike and I have prooved this year that the 175's are not at any sugnificant disadvantage to 125's. So I sagest that no changes are made to the rules.

Mick
Back to top Go down
mjpowell

mjpowell

Number of posts : 1074
Registration date : 2006-12-09

Bantam Clas Issues Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bantam Clas Issues   Bantam Clas Issues Icon_minitimeSun Oct 12, 2008 5:23 am

Hi all! Yes, very good suggestions - but has anyone got anything to bring to the table so to speak? Does anyone want any rule changes? and if so lets here them.... The last rule changes we made were about 7 years ago when we went 'backwards' to ban cast wheels, upside forks (except BSA D1,3 and 5) and wavy/carbon disc brakes. This was done so we fitted in more with Historic Racing, and I think it was a good thing! I think the morning of the BHR AGM is a good idea and personally I think everyone should be going because BHR is our club too... and if you don't go you can't complain when changes are made. It always disapoints me that only about 3 bantam runners ever bother going. Another thing about asking for changes is people think long and hard to change something just for the sake of it?!! If its not broken don't mend it and all that? However I have the impression from Alan that he wants starters to have more help/advice on engine prep,etc I'll start another subject..... Mike
Back to top Go down
Ned

Ned

Number of posts : 260
Registration date : 2007-01-11

Bantam Clas Issues Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bantam Clas Issues   Bantam Clas Issues Icon_minitimeSun Oct 12, 2008 10:38 am

OK I know I'm not an active member with a vested interest, BUT.
Why would you want to meet on the morning of the AGM ?
Makes no sense to me. If one or more of you came up with a good idea for a rule change, it would be too late to submit it as a proposal for the AGM and a year would be lost before it could be submitted.
Back to top Go down

Bantam Clas Issues Empty
PostSubject: Changes to class.   Bantam Clas Issues Icon_minitimeMon Nov 03, 2008 7:38 pm

It is a good idea to meet and discuss the proposed changes to class specification at BHR AGM. The BHR committee will be meeting before the AGM, and any ammendmants to the Bantam class can be ratified by the committee, and adopted next season. Please do not leave it too late, the regs are competed and just require conformation of dates and invited clubs adding to them which will be decided at this meeting, shortly after this they will be submitted for approval by the ACU, then off to the printers, so if you wish changes, do it soon!!!
As far as I understand, BHR runs on the Bantam riders specification, so any changes to this can be acepted by BHR committee, negating the need for aceptance at the AGM.

Kim Allen.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Bantam Clas Issues Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bantam Clas Issues   Bantam Clas Issues Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Bantam Clas Issues
Page 1 of 1