BSA Bantam Racing
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
BSA Bantam Racing

Bantam Racing Club

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

New Forum For Bantam Racing

Go down 
+2
tonydavis
alan
6 posters
AuthorMessage
alan
Admin
alan

Number of posts : 453
Registration date : 2006-12-01

New Forum For Bantam Racing Empty
PostSubject: New Forum For Bantam Racing   New Forum For Bantam Racing Icon_minitimeFri Dec 01, 2006 9:46 am

Hi All,
The old forum has run out of registration time and has gone down. If I can retrieve the info from Andy M, then I will sort this out and get it up and running again as it was the preferred forum option by most of the riders.
I hope to get the rest of the bantam club web site under my control over the next few weeks but please dont get onto me if it takes some effort as I am not that good at the job!

Also help is needed to write race reports through the season, I will not do this totally on my own as it takes a lot of time up. Can everyone find some time to do one please, so that no single person is taking all of the work on.
Any help gratefully received!
Alan Brown
Very Happy
Back to top Go down
https://bsabantamracing.editboard.com
alan
Admin
alan

PostSubject: log in to forum   New Forum For Bantam Racing Icon_minitimeFri Dec 01, 2006 10:22 pm

Hi All,
Please register to log in to the forum, you will be able to post replies etc etc and set up your Avatar until I retrieve the old forum.
Cheers,
Alan
Back to top Go down
tonydavis

tonydavis

Number of posts : 156

PostSubject: Well Done Alan   New Forum For Bantam Racing Icon_minitimeSat Dec 02, 2006 12:07 am

Good o we're up and running again, I emailed James yesterday and said I'll moderate the Old Forum if he or anyone can get it going again. If we have to just use this one then I'm fine with that doesn't take too much time to register.

If anyone's got the email address for maico rods in Canada from the old site that could be useful don't think I wrote it down.

ps more pics to come rendeer geek affraid No Laughing Sad clown cyclops bounce pig afro elephant albino jocolor

Tony
Back to top Go down
alan
Admin
alan

PostSubject: Hi Tony   New Forum For Bantam Racing Icon_minitimeSat Dec 02, 2006 12:33 am

Thanks for using the forum!
Slightly different subject is that I have obtained conrods that look as if they will fit into the same place as the Maico rods, and they seem to be up to the job as far as I can tell at the moment.
I have only one at this time, for checking out but will be getting a number in if all goes well. I am still measuring up so will report here when I have finished the process.
Cheers,
Alan

santa
Back to top Go down
Mick Jones

Mick Jones

Number of posts : 162
Registration date : 2006-12-05

PostSubject: Re: New Forum For Bantam Racing   New Forum For Bantam Racing Icon_minitimeTue Dec 05, 2006 10:40 pm

Hi everyone, oooooooh a shiny new house, personally i prefer this format, it's alot more organized and neat. I moderate a very good forum which is a real picture and very well organized so your on the right track in my opinion lads. I've just got to get my avator sorted now.
Back to top Go down
ptibbitt125

ptibbitt125

Number of posts : 282
Registration date : 2006-12-04

PostSubject: whatever the previous post was   New Forum For Bantam Racing Icon_minitimeWed Dec 06, 2006 8:39 am

Well guys, as all singing and dancing as this new forum is, I dont see valued contributors such as Herr Bass, and the Ned, getting to grips with it. I liked the old one where you could see everything at a glance rather than this one where you have to go looking.

Mind you I could be wrong.....

Pete
Back to top Go down
ptibbitt125

ptibbitt125

PostSubject: Re: New Forum For Bantam Racing   New Forum For Bantam Racing Icon_minitimeWed Dec 06, 2006 8:43 am

wow! how did that (pic) happen? Quite flattering I think. Maybe I'll get to like this forum after all.

Wonder what pic they'll use of old EJ Bass, if he registers and logs in ... Hint

all the best

Pete
Back to top Go down
Colin Hall

Colin Hall

Number of posts : 33
Registration date : 2007-11-12

PostSubject: Hello!   New Forum For Bantam Racing Icon_minitimeMon Nov 12, 2007 10:06 am

Couldn’t resist joining the new forum, so here I am.

I enjoyed being reunited with my old bike at the Lydden reunion in 2005, thanks Karl.

So when can I come and play again?

Regards

Colin
Back to top Go down
john bass

john bass

Number of posts : 1748
Registration date : 2006-12-06

PostSubject: PeeTea doesn´t think Ned & I could do IT...   New Forum For Bantam Racing Icon_minitimeMon Nov 12, 2007 9:05 pm

Here! What´s with PeeTea and his nasty remarks about Ned & I not being up to IT? IT as in Information Technology -- or the other `IT´ if you prefer.
I could send a pic -- not acceptable as avatar -- for him to get excited about but I´m not that spiteful. And I won´t say PeeTea has slipped off his 3rd place perch again... Well done Ian... your turn to crow!
So, all the best for next season you Bantam lot.
Keep well, Aye! JayBee.
Back to top Go down
http://t-online.de
ptibbitt125

ptibbitt125

PostSubject: Bass reads post!   New Forum For Bantam Racing Icon_minitimeTue Nov 13, 2007 2:45 am

Smile Sorry JB, but I think my point is made - it appears it took you 1 year and 11 months to find my post!
New Forum For Bantam Racing Bom

Cowers........., expecting brick bat through this forum.........
Back to top Go down
john bass

john bass

PostSubject: PeeTea -- I remember when you had hair...   New Forum For Bantam Racing Icon_minitimeTue Nov 13, 2007 5:54 am

Oh Peter!
I was not looking! Good old days though, weren´t they. When you had a full head of hair and carried our (Wobbley´s and my) beer up the Hoop & Grapes stairs. No PCs to think of... Over 600 members and the BRC mag at 50 - 60 pages every month, there was so much that everyone wanted to spout about . Shame that you let it fade away...
One could build a racing Bantam for about 50quid and a 2nd hand set of leathers could be had for 20... I know , I did it.
At 14.00 hrs, on 20th Nov... a Prof-Dr and I are meeting a Lt-Col from the REME in the Maritim hotel. We´ll be finished by around 16.00 and if you happen to be in the area I´ll hang about --- and we can sup a Kölsch together. Coming up to the time of the Boiler coming over for a Xmas bash with his old Merkenich mates -- have you heard anything from him?
Take care,
Aye! JayBee.
Back to top Go down
ptibbitt125

ptibbitt125

PostSubject: For you Ze Cold Var ?   New Forum For Bantam Racing Icon_minitimeWed Nov 14, 2007 12:29 am

Sounds very mysterious - a rendevous in the Maritim, with a Herr Prof and a Reme Lt Col.....Suspect

I have the TT Rider's luncheon drunken on 21st nov, so will have to decline your kind invite. No news from the Boiler, but he is booked in to the Chris Sharp do on 13th Dec .

Re "let it fade away". Were you referring to my hair? or the Club? Bit unkind as I couldnt do much about either
Back to top Go down
john bass

john bass

PostSubject: Too subjective...   New Forum For Bantam Racing Icon_minitimeFri Jan 18, 2008 9:46 pm

Hi Peter!
Answering for my nasty remarks of last Nov...
Too subjective: It was two under the belt. Sorry! The club motto was
"Racing on the cheap" which didn´t fit into the progressive thinking of the track managers and circuit owners of that time.
And my hair started falling out when I was 21. Spent a lot of money on a big box of coloured bottles -- the contents of some... smelling like diluted cow-dung and/or pig´s urine. The routine went something like this: Monday morning, into the (remaining) hair and scalp rub in 150cc from the yellow bottle and Mon evening the same amount from the green bottle. Tuesday, do the same with red & blue. Wednesday, violet & pink. Thursday cream and white... Friday, yellow again -- in the evening with green in the morning -- that sort of permutation -- repeated until one ran out and needed an expensive replacement...
Dating was difficult. One girl went, "Pooh! Goodbye! Never again!"
I am sure the hair fell out faster because of this treatment.
The result must have been similar for the club. There could be no cure. Compared with other clubs our entry fees were low. Our meetings never attracted more than a few paying spectators -- which was to be expected -- which, in turn, made the circuit owners cringe. The BR club committee -- particularly Wobbleyman & Scrooge -- are remembered for the desperate attempts to raise money, keep the club racers from abandoning our events and persuade circuit owners to keep us on their books at our price...
Obviously the club folding was inevitable. A great pity -- nothing to do with you.
I apologise again: Sorry!
Buddy in Southend sent a newspaper cutting of Dunton´s 40 yr celebration. Showed a picture of Ian Middleton who`d worked there for 46 years. I should have known him -- shouldn´t I?
Keep well,
Aye! John-Boy.
Back to top Go down
ptibbitt125

ptibbitt125

PostSubject: Ian Middleton   New Forum For Bantam Racing Icon_minitimeSat Jan 19, 2008 2:05 am

Yes John,

he was probably working for Diesel Engineering at the time. I certainly encountered him when i first started attending here in June 1980
Back to top Go down
john bass

john bass

PostSubject: Dunton & Rest Ops...   New Forum For Bantam Racing Icon_minitimeThu Jan 24, 2008 6:30 am

Thanks Pee...!
Didn´t recognise him...
Often wonder why I joined the army at 14, volunteered to go to Palestine in 1947, ended up racing a Bantam and went to Ford Dunton ... All a bit daft!
Keep well,
Aye!
JayBee.
Back to top Go down
ptibbitt125

ptibbitt125

PostSubject: Ford Dunton   New Forum For Bantam Racing Icon_minitimeFri Jan 25, 2008 12:25 am

JB, there are still people here who remember you! Must have made quite an impression!
Back to top Go down
john bass

john bass

PostSubject: Thanks Peter!   New Forum For Bantam Racing Icon_minitimeFri Jan 25, 2008 5:51 pm

That was really nice! But perhaps remembering me for the wrong reasons...? I upset the Controller, twice. He had his `Boy´ give me two rollickings, both for using the wrong budgets, first to buy transducers and second water pumps for the dynos...
--- Thank you Peter!
I shall make a late New Year resolution, `Be nice to Peter... dunn go calling him PeeTea any more `cos it could be taken as being rude.´
Er... just a moment -- what was it you said about -- yeah it was MOMENTS
-- would you mind terribly if I said a word about them?
Cheers!
Aye!
JayBee.
Back to top Go down
ptibbitt125

ptibbitt125

PostSubject: No, old chap   New Forum For Bantam Racing Icon_minitimeFri Jan 25, 2008 10:37 pm

You go ahead!
Back to top Go down
john bass

john bass

PostSubject: No old chap!   New Forum For Bantam Racing Icon_minitimeTue Jan 29, 2008 6:45 am

Oh Peter!
Now-- for calling me, `Old Chap´ I am going to start a topic called "Moments". I just wonder if the other Ravers mind their valuable web space being taken up with such trivia? Well, maybe MOMENTS aren´t trivia -- they are a lot of things -- one being how far your posterior pokes in towards the centre of the corner and hence shortens the radius of curvature, of the corner you are trying to get round quicker than any other Bantam raver...

OK -- all you other Bantam people -- is it alright for me to write a piece called "MOMENTS?"
Aye!
JayBee.
PS I told Slick about a wonderful idea, I had, for an improved-power- output engine and he said the Japs have already done it so I´m not telling anyone what it was and am going to sulk on my own. JB...
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: New Forum For Bantam Racing   New Forum For Bantam Racing Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

New Forum For Bantam Racing
Page 1 of 1