BSA Bantam Racing
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
BSA Bantam Racing

Bantam Racing Club

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

What we all doing for 2009

Go down 
+2
slackbladder
alan
6 posters
AuthorMessage

What we all doing for 2009 Empty
PostSubject: What we all doing for 2009   What we all doing for 2009 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 09, 2008 4:25 am

so the time has come to get ready for 2009, whats everybody up to?. Who has found that extra 5bhp?. Sounds like mike will be out on a 175 again next year from what he has said, and i will continue with the air cooled 125 that we now have reliable (it was about time). Will we have new faces out at mallory and if so how are they progressing with there new machine?.
Back to top Go down
alan
Admin
alan

Number of posts : 453
Registration date : 2006-12-01

PostSubject: Re: What we all doing for 2009   What we all doing for 2009 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 09, 2008 8:01 am

Hi Ian,
Well I shall be bringing out the new supercharged nytro-glycerine injected "Power Bantam". It has a fully developed 77:1 compression ratio head and only requires one gear change per race (neutral to first!) due to the exceptionally high gearing which allows me to do approximately 139 mph in the paddock waiting area.
The long and short of it is I have just woke up from my drunken stupour and I was dreaming again! so it looks like I will be sorting out the bikes reliability with new crankcases (from the ones bust at Cadwell) and getting the ignition to actually run properly for once! The so called new engine is still a pile of parts in a box, and the new frame is still hung up in the shed and looks like it will be a lot longer before I can afford to do anything with it! as usual... but that's me...
How about anyone else's dream?
Cheers and have a merry Christmas!
See you all at the Dinner and Dance.
Alan
Back to top Go down
https://bsabantamracing.editboard.com
slackbladder

slackbladder

Number of posts : 19
Registration date : 2006-12-13

PostSubject: 2009   What we all doing for 2009 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 11, 2008 10:44 am

Hi ian and all,will be out racing
in 2009, new pipe on the way,carb etc,
Looking forward to some good racing,
Be gentle with me,
CARL......
PS. PHONE YOU SOON ALAN.
Back to top Go down
SteveF

SteveF

Number of posts : 54
Registration date : 2006-12-04

PostSubject: Re: What we all doing for 2009   What we all doing for 2009 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 12, 2008 12:43 am

I am expecting to be out for most if not all meetings next season.
Probably about time I tried extracting a little more power judging by the way I got left behind last year.
So my plans are :-

New pipe that will allow me to get my foot on the rests
Slightly modified exhaust port and even less modified transfers
Hopefully a new carb
Couple of test days to try and get set-up correct

Merry Christmas to you all and good luck in the new year.
Back to top Go down
mjpowell

mjpowell

Number of posts : 1074
Registration date : 2006-12-09

PostSubject: Re: What we all doing for 2009   What we all doing for 2009 Icon_minitimeMon Dec 15, 2008 3:27 am

Hi all - don't really know about the size of my mount for 2009? Would really like to give it another go next year to become the first 175 runner to win the bantam championship but fear the competition to strong!! So need to get my 125 flying again!!?? possibly?
Cycle part changes for next year are a higher swinging arm pivot and a steeper angled s/a and shorter wheelbase to try and take some weight of the front end...
My bigger mount for 09 is a Seeley G50!!!! Mike
Back to top Go down
ROBBIE

ROBBIE

Number of posts : 377
Registration date : 2006-12-25

PostSubject: Re: What we all doing for 2009   What we all doing for 2009 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 17, 2008 6:49 am

Hi all getting michael's bike done so he can fit on it. move the footrests and bars.take hacksaw to the exhaust so it out the way. then if time start on my bike needs new wheels as a bit bent dont know how that happen Rolling Eyes and engine after the lydden which michael moded it lol new forks on my bike plus playing with head angle trial
so the bike will go round corners??? may lift the engine. but now on the road again work away from home so we have to see what gets done. if not I will be marshalling in 2009
Back to top Go down
ray davis

ray davis

Number of posts : 68
Registration date : 2006-12-08

PostSubject: what am i doing?   What we all doing for 2009 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 19, 2008 2:05 pm

Hi guys

well i thought that i would be missing whole of next year but i am starting to think i might be able to the summer meets. cadwell, lydden and anglesey. Would like to do cadwell esp. if its the club circuit i knew and loved as a teenager!

bike won't have many changes because i won't be able to get to it until end of june. might look out for a stiffer shock and sort out the front forks .. damping not good. i think tony might be having a go at me engine. just in terms of an overhaul as it has proved realiable. new clutch plates maybe!!!

have a good christmas everyone!

Ray
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What we all doing for 2009   What we all doing for 2009 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

What we all doing for 2009
Page 1 of 1