BSA Bantam Racing
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
BSA Bantam Racing

Bantam Racing Club

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

[b]DID YOU KNOW[/b]

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Ned

Ned

Number of posts : 260
Registration date : 2007-01-11

[b]DID YOU KNOW[/b] Empty
PostSubject: [b]DID YOU KNOW[/b]   [b]DID YOU KNOW[/b] Icon_minitimeSun Feb 04, 2007 12:36 am

I love the nostalgia thread started by John and not wanting to hijack it. Here is some info of the BRC early days that may be of interest.

DID YOU KNOW - That when reed valves were first proposed for bantams by Dave Hunter. The proposal was rejected because it was considered to be beyond normal garden shed tuning. You couldn't go to B&Q or Wicks and buy power tools, welding gear, etc that you can today.

DID YOU KNOW - That when fairings were first allowed (again not the first time it was proposed). It was nothing to do with enhancing the bantams performance. They were introduced to make bantams look more modern and the formula more attractive to young lads thinking of taking the sport up.

DID YOU KNOW - In the 60s the Bantam club had a British 250 formula.
Like the bantam the object was to go racing on the cheap with a British built 250 road bike that could be converted in the garden shed. With BSA C15s and Ariel Arrows being two of the more popular.
When I returned in the 70s I asked what had happened to this class and was informed the Greeves Silverstone and a breakaway group had killed it.
As I understand it the breakaway group became The British Formula Racing Club. Along with its Triumph Tiger Cubs and Bantams.
Back to top Go down
Mick Jones

Mick Jones

Number of posts : 162
Registration date : 2006-12-05

PostSubject: Re: [b]DID YOU KNOW[/b]   [b]DID YOU KNOW[/b] Icon_minitimeSun Feb 04, 2007 7:50 am

Very Happy And did you know that two burly riders on bantams wacking into each other at the Cadwell hairpin does not result in a fallen rider but due to the weight factor, the two bounce off each other in differant directions. This has been scientifically proved in an experiment carried out in 1977. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
john bass

john bass

Number of posts : 1748
Registration date : 2006-12-06

PostSubject: Yeah - We did know...   [b]DID YOU KNOW[/b] Icon_minitimeSun Feb 04, 2007 6:37 pm

Ned & Mick & whomever!
We Chinese know every blinking dings. Not only that:-
We invented snooker and golf and Formula One car racing and cockle collecting by the sea... and that little DKW motorcycle them nasty Germans copied and then the Brits copied to make that Bantam ding.
That big-mouth Bass whot rode on one of them little dings hated fairings and reed valves 'cos they kosts a lod o' money - was he ever mean!? His excuse was that Bantam racing was started as 'Racing on the cheap' as Roy Bacon sedd. He raced (not rode) a British 250 and kept blaming its lack of reliability for not winning...
We Chinese say - goforitt, keep yer end up!
Professor Wun Hung-Lo.
OH! and I fink it was one pound for a race entry and 10 blooming Bobs at Brands for practice in them days....
Back to top Go down
http://t-online.de
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: [b]DID YOU KNOW[/b]   [b]DID YOU KNOW[/b] Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

[b]DID YOU KNOW[/b]
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
BSA Bantam Racing :: Your first category :: Bantam Racing Forum-
Jump to: