BSA Bantam Racing
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
BSA Bantam Racing

Bantam Racing Club

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Original !25 Bantam data?

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
john bass

john bass

Number of posts : 1748
Registration date : 2006-12-06

Original !25 Bantam data? Empty
PostSubject: Original !25 Bantam data?   Original !25 Bantam data? Icon_minitimeSun Jul 12, 2009 5:14 am

Can anyone tell me the distance between centres for the original 123cc Bantam Con-Rod, please?
Bore was 52 and stroke 58mm -- right? So con-rod length centre to centre) was ...?

...Thanks in anticipation! JayBee.
Back to top Go down
http://t-online.de
mjpowell

mjpowell

Number of posts : 1074
Registration date : 2006-12-09

PostSubject: Re: Original !25 Bantam data?   Original !25 Bantam data? Icon_minitimeMon Jul 13, 2009 6:14 am

Hi John its ........ 125mm
Back to top Go down
ptibbitt125

ptibbitt125

Number of posts : 282
Registration date : 2006-12-04

PostSubject: confirmation of data   Original !25 Bantam data? Icon_minitimeFri Jul 17, 2009 8:16 pm

Hi JB,

Yes i can confirm 125mm. One of the longest 125cc rods around. Saw the Boiler briefly at Cadwell - he seems younger every time I see him...b*std

ATB pete
Back to top Go down
john bass

john bass

Number of posts : 1748
Registration date : 2006-12-06

PostSubject: con rod length   Original !25 Bantam data? Icon_minitimeWed Jul 22, 2009 2:57 am

Thank you Peter and Mike!
I had the daft idea it was longer so now my calcs have to be redone.- Top secret ... Gonna go over and see Boiler Sept 15th and look at some Bantam engines he´s got ... Then to Chepstow to my Old Army school reunion. Did you see last weekend´s Jurby race results? Slick had 4 engines he´d tuned knocking shades of crap out of the lap records. Seems the two Kneen brothers are riding bikes that Slick has had something to do with... He had said to me he´d sell his bikes and hire a race bike out to a likely rider -- but maybe not -- because he reckons he is very short of money now, so he probably didn´t do any hiring out after all ...
Peter! Did you ever hear or know anything of Joe Erhlich and the e-3 engine he was working on at Mayflower bus company before popping-his-clogs? Colin Neil worked with Joe at Hatfield. Joe´s articulating con-rod is on the e-3 Mayflower engine... Another idea was presented to Dunton for evaluation during my time there and I remember the "Oval Big-End" being chucked out ...!? The e-3 Engine work has gone quiet...?
All very daft really,
Go well and keep well! All the best!
Cheers,
JayBee.

PS -- watch ouit for that force-of-gravity affect... it can hurt!

JB
Back to top Go down
http://t-online.de
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Original !25 Bantam data?   Original !25 Bantam data? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Original !25 Bantam data?
Page 1 of 1