BSA Bantam Racing
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
BSA Bantam Racing

Bantam Racing Club

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

A quick introduction

Go down 
+2
Tim Cornish
PaulM
6 posters
AuthorMessage
PaulM

Number of posts : 29
Registration date : 2009-08-24

A quick introduction Empty
PostSubject: A quick introduction   A quick introduction Icon_minitimeWed Aug 26, 2009 5:36 am

Hi all .
I've been lurking on the forums and the main site for a few days looking at whats involved in building and racing a Bantam and thought the polite thing to do would be to introduce myself Smile

My names Paul and I'm 49 years old , My only experience of racing motorcycles was half a dozen laps around Aintree circuit on a proddy 350LC 25 odd years ago . I even had an ACU licence for a short while but alas a lack of money and discovering beer and women put paid to any aspirations I may have had to race Sad

But an article I read many years ago in the old Motorcycle Mechanics magazine on building and racing a Bantam has always stuck in my mind . So now I'm older and wiser and beer and woman have been confined to moderation I'm thinking of possibly having a dabble (The wife calls it a midlife crisis Rolling Eyes ) A lot will depend on the medical for a competition licence as I had a minor heart attack 7 years ago and the ACU are rightly cautious about these things , But if nothing else I can daydream .

I am planning to be at Anglesey this coming Sunday or Monday but can't seem to find a program of events online saying when the Bantam races are , Can anyone give me a clue ?

Many thanks , Paul
Back to top Go down
Tim Cornish

Tim Cornish

Number of posts : 310
Registration date : 2009-04-16

PostSubject: Re: A quick introduction   A quick introduction Icon_minitimeWed Aug 26, 2009 7:19 am

hi Paul, welcome to the Forum! With the programmes, you can buy them at the meeting. They're usually about £2 so quite cheap. Very Happy

Tim
Back to top Go down
PaulM

PostSubject: Re: A quick introduction   A quick introduction Icon_minitimeWed Aug 26, 2009 8:24 am

Thanks for the infomation Tim Smile I was hoping someone could let me know if there was Bantam racing on both days or just the one ? and if only the one day is it the Sunday or Monday ?

Paul
Back to top Go down
Mick Potter

Mick Potter

Number of posts : 125
Registration date : 2007-06-09

PostSubject: Re: A quick introduction   A quick introduction Icon_minitimeWed Aug 26, 2009 8:36 am

Hi Paul
It's good to hear to hear from someone new to the forum who is coming to a meeting so soon. The VMCC shuffle the events from one meeting to the next, so that every class of bike never knowes wheather it will be first or last in the order of the programe. We dont know when our races will be untill we are sigmed on and get our programes.
All clases race on both days.
Sunday will be a later start than Monday because of scrutenering & practice, but racing will start about 11,00am. On Monday racing will start about 10.00am.
Get up early for a full and exciting days racing. Come and introduse yourself and get some usfull advise. We try to be a helpfull and enthuseastic bunch and always looking for more copetition.
Being in your late 40's your but a younun.

Mick (52)
Back to top Go down
zak_perrin

Number of posts : 84
Registration date : 2009-06-15

PostSubject: Re: A quick introduction   A quick introduction Icon_minitimeWed Aug 26, 2009 8:47 am

PaulM wrote:
Hi all .
I've been lurking on the forums and the main site for a few days looking at whats involved in building and racing a Bantam and thought the polite thing to do would be to introduce myself Smile

My names Paul and I'm 49 years old , My only experience of racing motorcycles was half a dozen laps around Aintree circuit on a proddy 350LC 25 odd years ago . I even had an ACU licence for a short while but alas a lack of money and discovering beer and women put paid to any aspirations I may have had to race Sad

But an article I read many years ago in the old Motorcycle Mechanics magazine on building and racing a Bantam has always stuck in my mind . So now I'm older and wiser and beer and woman have been confined to moderation I'm thinking of possibly having a dabble (The wife calls it a midlife crisis Rolling Eyes ) A lot will depend on the medical for a competition licence as I had a minor heart attack 7 years ago and the ACU are rightly cautious about these things , But if nothing else I can daydream .

I am planning to be at Anglesey this coming Sunday or Monday but can't seem to find a program of events online saying when the Bantam races are , Can anyone give me a clue ?

Many thanks , Paul

welcome to the forum, you may have raced against my dad back then as he was doing lc 350 proddies Very Happy

Zak
Back to top Go down
PaulM

PostSubject: Re: A quick introduction   A quick introduction Icon_minitimeWed Aug 26, 2009 9:15 am

Thanks for the info Mick , I'll be there early and for the day . Hopefully the weather will be kind , though it is a bank holiday weekend Very Happy plus I've never been to Anglesey before so I,m doubly looking forward to it .

Paul
Back to top Go down
alan
Admin
alan

Number of posts : 453
Registration date : 2006-12-01

PostSubject: Re: A quick introduction   A quick introduction Icon_minitimeWed Aug 26, 2009 6:25 pm

Hi Paul,
I notice you are Bradford based, not too far from myself, so there is a bit of backup in the area! get contact in the paddock over the weekend and I am sure we can arrange something. We are slowly developing more of a northern contingent over time.
We have Steve Frayne and Mike Redhead in the Warrington area as the next nearest so get contact there as well.
See you at Anglesey fetch the wellies and brolly for Saturday!
Cheers,
Alan
Back to top Go down
https://bsabantamracing.editboard.com
ptibbitt125

ptibbitt125

Number of posts : 282
Registration date : 2006-12-04

PostSubject: Essential equipment for Anglesey   A quick introduction Icon_minitimeWed Aug 26, 2009 9:08 pm

Make that an Industrial strength brolly - Met office are forecasting Heavy rain, wind SSW 29 mph steady, gusting to 39 mph. Ugh!
Back to top Go down
Tim Cornish

Tim Cornish

Number of posts : 310
Registration date : 2009-04-16

PostSubject: Re: A quick introduction   A quick introduction Icon_minitimeWed Aug 26, 2009 10:11 pm

Oh dear! affraid seems like it's going to be like Mallory all over again! Mad

Tim scratch
Back to top Go down
PaulM

PostSubject: Re: A quick introduction   A quick introduction Icon_minitimeThu Aug 27, 2009 8:09 am

alan wrote:
Hi Paul,
I notice you are Bradford based, not too far from myself, so there is a bit of backup in the area! get contact in the paddock over the weekend and I am sure we can arrange something. We are slowly developing more of a northern contingent over time.
We have Steve Frayne and Mike Redhead in the Warrington area as the next nearest so get contact there as well.
See you at Anglesey fetch the wellies and brolly for Saturday!
Cheers,
Alan
Thanks Alan , I will definitely make the effort to introduce myself at the weekend .

ptibbitt125 wrote:
Make that an Industrial strength brolly - Met office are forecasting Heavy rain, wind SSW 29 mph steady, gusting to 39 mph. Ugh!

Well I did say it was a bank holiday weekend Very Happy

Paul
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: A quick introduction   A quick introduction Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

A quick introduction
Page 1 of 1