BSA Bantam Racing
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
BSA Bantam Racing

Bantam Racing Club

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Vintage Bantam Racer - More...

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
youngjohn

Number of posts : 3
Registration date : 2009-08-29

Vintage Bantam Racer - More... Empty
PostSubject: Vintage Bantam Racer - More...   Vintage Bantam Racer - More... Icon_minitimeMon Aug 31, 2009 10:52 am

After reading all the info that came with it and having a poke about, I know a bit more about the spec of the bike in my previous post. Forks and front wheel are Velocette LE. Engine has Todd head with domed combustion chamber and I think the head is actually for a 150 as the combustion chamber is 58mm dia. Barrel is 52mm, has been ported and has a larger inlet manifold welded on. Compression seems pretty high. Exhaust has a threaded adapter ring to allow larger diameter exhaust pipe. Carb is an Amal Monobloc from an Ariel Arrow. Crank is Alpha with a very short shaft on the ignition side running a cam and points with total loss ignition system. Points are on a backplate and the crankcase seal on this side has been relocated in to a boss on this plate. Crankcases are 'stuffed' with plates. The expansion chamber looks to be very professionally constructed. Gears are close ratio 3 speed, and there is a very neat rev counter drive taken from the clutch side of the crank.

If anyone can shed any more light on to these mods or provide any further info as to how common or typical they are for a late 60's bike I would be very grateful.
Cheers, John.
Back to top Go down
PaulM

Number of posts : 29
Registration date : 2009-08-24

Vintage Bantam Racer - More... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Vintage Bantam Racer - More...   Vintage Bantam Racer - More... Icon_minitimeMon Aug 31, 2009 9:44 pm

It sounds a pretty comprehensive spec John . Again I'm afraid I can't be of much help and nearly everyone else is racing at Anglesey , Hopefully they can shed some light on your bike when they have had a look at the site .

Paul
Back to top Go down

Vintage Bantam Racer - More...
Page 1 of 1