BSA Bantam Racing
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
BSA Bantam Racing

Bantam Racing Club

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Web server problems

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
alan
Admin
alan

Number of posts : 453
Registration date : 2006-12-01

Web server problems Empty
PostSubject: Web server problems   Web server problems Icon_minitimeTue Oct 20, 2009 5:56 am

If you are looking on the main bantam website then I have to apologise for the major problems in updating this site and the google reports and blocking taking place of the site.
I am in massive problems with this and the website providers, and suggest that we restart the site at a new address and I take down the old one with a rewrite in order. Does anyone have a suggestion of what we should change the name to? or do I soldier on and attempt to solve all the server bothers?
James, I will talk to you directly on this as you have a lot more experience in these matters! (well a bit more than me!).
Any opinions gratefully received.
Alan
Back to top Go down
https://bsabantamracing.editboard.com
john bass

john bass

Number of posts : 1748
Registration date : 2006-12-06

PostSubject: Re: Web server problems   Web server problems Icon_minitimeFri Oct 23, 2009 4:49 am

In answer to AlanĀ“s reference to overlapping informations...
Nobody else complained so I thought it was my PC...
Sorry Alan I have no suggestions or solutions.
JayBee.
Back to top Go down
http://t-online.de
mjpowell

mjpowell

Number of posts : 1074
Registration date : 2006-12-09

PostSubject: Re: Web server problems   Web server problems Icon_minitimeSat Oct 24, 2009 3:34 am

Alan I'm a luddite and hate change.... however if you need to change the site address etc.. go for it... How about bsa.bantam.racing.co.uk ? or b.s.a.bantamracing and so on ?
Back to top Go down
PaulM

Number of posts : 29
Registration date : 2009-08-24

PostSubject: Re: Web server problems   Web server problems Icon_minitimeMon Oct 26, 2009 12:47 am

The site doesn't appear as a threat in a Google search lately , Problem sorted Alan ?
Back to top Go down
alan
Admin
alan

PostSubject: Re: Web server problems   Web server problems Icon_minitimeMon Oct 26, 2009 2:03 am

Hi All,
I have sorted a couple of problems out, but the main problem of uploading successfully to the site remains, and I am getting a bit nazzed off with the server people, mainly as they manage to give access every now and then, and suddenly it is denied again! The problem does not exist with any of the other sites that I run.
I may well still change the site name as it will be nearly impossible to move the bsabantamracing name as it still remains registered to Diane Moulden and I have no means of contact to solve this part of the problem!
Such fun!
I will let everyone know how this progresses, but it may be expedient to let the name drop out and then pick it back up in a years time when it becomes available again, whilst in the mean time setting up another site.
Cheers
Alan
Back to top Go down
alan
Admin
alan

PostSubject: Re: Web server problems   Web server problems Icon_minitimeWed Nov 04, 2009 8:58 pm

Hi All,
Changes to the web server for the main site are being set up, and bsabantamracing will go DOT COM fairly soon. If all works out ok, then the original site will "appear" to stay active, but the new web site will become the DOT COM. I will post the new web address on here, but will also give notice on as many of the web pages on the site as possible.
Eventually the bsabantamracing.co.uk site will cease existance for a period of time, and then will be picked up and used by us again!
This is to get proper control of the web addresses and the server problems that we have at the moment.
Note this forum stays exactly as it is now.
More on this later
Cheers,
Alan
Back to top Go down
alan
Admin
alan

PostSubject: Re: Web server problems   Web server problems Icon_minitimeThu Nov 05, 2009 8:24 pm

The website changes are starting to take action and you will note that you are automatically redirected from the .co.uk site for this moment.
Please be sure you adjust your web addresses on your internet explorers to account for the fact that the main site address has changed to www.bsabantamracing.com and you will miss the redirection page and go straight to the site.
Cheers,
Alan
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Web server problems   Web server problems Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Web server problems
Page 1 of 1