BSA Bantam Racing
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
BSA Bantam Racing

Bantam Racing Club

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

winter racing

Go down 
+4
bennion
ROBBIE
john bass
alan
8 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage

winter racing Empty
PostSubject: winter racing   winter racing Icon_minitimeMon Jan 11, 2010 4:50 am

Sorry it has taken me so long to reply to Alans top idea. The go karting thing is great i went to the same kart center for part of my stag do and had a great time 15 lap practice and 60 lap race for only £30 you cant beat it, and as long as we have 5+ we have the track to our selves so the question is what saturday/sunday shall we do it?. Come on lets go have some fun before the season starts.
Back to top Go down
alan
Admin
alan

Number of posts : 453
Registration date : 2006-12-01

winter racing Empty
PostSubject: Re: winter racing   winter racing Icon_minitimeMon Jan 11, 2010 5:32 am

Hi Ian,
It was Robbies suggestion really! but for me any Sunday in February is good and I have some of the Saturdays free.
How about everyone else?
There should be more than 5 people we can rustle up so will be a lot of fun.
Cheers
Alan
Back to top Go down
https://bsabantamracing.editboard.com
john bass

john bass

Number of posts : 1748
Registration date : 2006-12-06

winter racing Empty
PostSubject: Where---   winter racing Icon_minitimeMon Jan 11, 2010 6:39 am

-- is the Cart ing circuit? Many yonks back there was one close to Rye House Track where I practised Speedway technique for Grass Tracking.
Good fun and Cost was somewhat different in 1960-ish!
Back to top Go down
http://t-online.de

winter racing Empty
PostSubject: Re: winter racing   winter racing Icon_minitimeMon Jan 11, 2010 6:49 am

The one at rye house is still there but costs a lot more, the one we are talking about is in Lincoln city center and indoor ideal this weather.
Back to top Go down
ROBBIE

ROBBIE

Number of posts : 377
Registration date : 2006-12-25

winter racing Empty
PostSubject: Re: winter racing   winter racing Icon_minitimeSun Jan 17, 2010 7:13 pm

Hi all the weekend 20 /21 of feb would be good for me and lou
Back to top Go down
alan
Admin
alan

winter racing Empty
PostSubject: Re: winter racing   winter racing Icon_minitimeSun Jan 17, 2010 11:53 pm

That weekend is good for me as well! any other takers?
Alan
Back to top Go down

winter racing Empty
PostSubject: Re: winter racing   winter racing Icon_minitimeWed Jan 20, 2010 5:09 am

count me in what about you mike?
Back to top Go down
bennion

bennion

Number of posts : 103
Registration date : 2006-12-23

winter racing Empty
PostSubject: Re: winter racing   winter racing Icon_minitimeThu Jan 21, 2010 12:44 am

I'm up for this. Saturday 20th preferably, late afternoon - early evening ?
Chris Very Happy
Back to top Go down
john bass

john bass

Number of posts : 1748
Registration date : 2006-12-06

winter racing Empty
PostSubject: Carting   winter racing Icon_minitimeThu Jan 21, 2010 5:11 am

Thanks Ian.
It was great to sit in a cart, and zip the corners in comfort, after having practised on Rye House speedway track with my Enfield JAP -- known as the "Jelly Machine" (350 Bullet frame and 500cc engine! very flexible!).
I was, unfortunately, too unfit to be really good at Speedway -- like, for 3 laps I could keep it going really good and on the fourth lap a total exhaustion would take over: legs and arms would be tingling with `pins & needles´ and I´d virtually collapse at the end of the 4th.... Got to give it to the Speedway boys --they might act like a lot of fairies but to be in top class competition they have to be superbly fit.
The vintage dirt bikes used to frequently get there at Rye House -- and at Hackney also at odd times -- and it was great to see the Twenties Duggies, Excelsiors, Rudges and even a Norton hammering around.
In those fifties-to-sixties times the grass bikes were fantastic Bitzas. Syd Jarvis was practising at The Rye with us and his frame boke under the steering head, still attached at the top frame tube. The scenario sticks in my nut forever: the wheelbase was getting longer and longer as the forks moved forward with Syd sitting there, full elbow and the rear wheel spinning and shootinmg cinders like crazy and the bike slowing to a stop.
SORRY -- that was nothing to do with Bantam or carting -- I just got carried away!
Have a good time carting ... go well and stay well,
JayBee.
Keep in mind the force of gravity -- it can hurt. JB
Back to top Go down
http://t-online.de
mjpowell

mjpowell

Number of posts : 1074
Registration date : 2006-12-09

winter racing Empty
PostSubject: Re: winter racing   winter racing Icon_minitimeThu Jan 21, 2010 9:35 am

Same as Chris late afternoon/early evening!!
Back to top Go down

winter racing Empty
PostSubject: Re: winter racing   winter racing Icon_minitimeFri Jan 22, 2010 4:50 am

So sat 20 feb at say around 5 or 6 ish?? we need 5 minimum so if you are all up for it ill see if i can book it for then if you want???????????
Back to top Go down
alan
Admin
alan

winter racing Empty
PostSubject: Re: winter racing   winter racing Icon_minitimeFri Jan 22, 2010 8:15 pm

Hi Ian
Go for it! if you need a deposit for the booking then just say..
Cheers,
Alan
Back to top Go down
bennion

bennion

winter racing Empty
PostSubject: Re: winter racing   winter racing Icon_minitimeFri Jan 22, 2010 11:26 pm

Hi Ian
I assume this is at Gridline Racing on Dunford Road ? Let me know if you need a deposit.
Regards
Chris
Back to top Go down

winter racing Empty
PostSubject: Re: winter racing   winter racing Icon_minitimeSat Jan 23, 2010 9:35 am

I will give them a call sat morning anybody spoke to James cook he is only down the road.
Back to top Go down
ROBBIE

ROBBIE

Number of posts : 377
Registration date : 2006-12-25

winter racing Empty
PostSubject: Re: winter racing   winter racing Icon_minitimeSat Jan 23, 2010 7:06 pm

Hi Ian yes me and Lou are ok with that Smile
Back to top Go down
michaelbrown

michaelbrown

Number of posts : 53
Registration date : 2007-06-05

winter racing Empty
PostSubject: Re: winter racing   winter racing Icon_minitimeSat Jan 23, 2010 10:07 pm

Hi all hope u all had a good christmass and new year go karting sounds good and i am well up for it gust watch out alan afro lol! spoke to my dad ian and would love to come to yours if that oki see u all soon michael
Back to top Go down

winter racing Empty
PostSubject: Re: winter racing   winter racing Icon_minitimeMon Jan 25, 2010 1:04 am

Its all booked for sat 20th feb at 5pm. need to arrive at about 4.30 to fill in forms and get changed. I need to know exactly how many people will be taking part at east 1 week before so they can arrange what race we do depending on numbers for more information on races, prices and directions go to gridlineracing.co.uk.

so far we have

Robbie
Michael
Alan
Chris
Ian
Mike
Tom
Back to top Go down

winter racing Empty
PostSubject: Re: winter racing   winter racing Icon_minitimeMon Jan 25, 2010 1:06 am

sorry and lou
Back to top Go down
lou

lou

Number of posts : 28
Registration date : 2007-12-01

winter racing Empty
PostSubject: Re: winter racing   winter racing Icon_minitimeTue Jan 26, 2010 4:49 am

Mr Scutt, How could you forget about little old me Exclamation . Never done it before so i will do my best to stay out of the way lol! PS I am not marshalling.

Lou
Back to top Go down
mjpowell

mjpowell

Number of posts : 1074
Registration date : 2006-12-09

winter racing Empty
PostSubject: Re: winter racing   winter racing Icon_minitimeTue Feb 09, 2010 8:23 am

Ian is it booked? Count me out but Jake and Luke in!! They are lighter than me! lol
Back to top Go down

winter racing Empty
PostSubject: Re: winter racing   winter racing Icon_minitimeThu Feb 11, 2010 9:51 am

yes mike all booked need to confirm numbers no later than monday so all that said are coming please confirm b 4 monday so i can let them know
Back to top Go down
alan
Admin
alan

winter racing Empty
PostSubject: Re: winter racing   winter racing Icon_minitimeThu Feb 11, 2010 7:37 pm

Hi Ian,
Count me as confirmed
Cheers,
Alan
Back to top Go down
bennion

bennion

winter racing Empty
PostSubject: Re: winter racing   winter racing Icon_minitimeFri Feb 12, 2010 7:32 am

Hi Ian
I'm in. Having a long weekend in Lincoln. Just to see the sights...
Chris
Back to top Go down
lou

lou

Number of posts : 28
Registration date : 2007-12-01

winter racing Empty
PostSubject: Re: winter racing   winter racing Icon_minitimeSat Feb 13, 2010 12:54 am

Hi Ian,
Just to confirm Robbie and me.

Lou
Back to top Go down

winter racing Empty
PostSubject: Re: winter racing   winter racing Icon_minitimeSat Feb 13, 2010 7:00 am

all booked and deposit taken, we have

jake and juke (mikes kids
alan
chris
rob
michael
lou
me
jimmy
tom
steve

have i missed anybody?