BSA Bantam Racing
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
BSA Bantam Racing

Bantam Racing Club

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Fifty years of Bantam Racing - Lydden Hill

Go down 
+5
tonydavis
ROBBIE
alan
afm160
mjpowell
9 posters
AuthorMessage
mjpowell

mjpowell

Number of posts : 1074
Registration date : 2006-12-09

Fifty years of Bantam Racing - Lydden Hill Empty
PostSubject: Fifty years of Bantam Racing - Lydden Hill   Fifty years of Bantam Racing - Lydden Hill Icon_minitimeThu Jan 21, 2010 9:44 am

We will be celebrating 50 years of the forming of the Bantam Racing Club at Lydden of the weekend of 31/8 - 1/9 2010. This includes a Bantam Parade as we did in 2005. The secretary for the parade is Mary Styles. Current racers please offer your bike for paraders to use. It would be great to meet old friends past racers over the weekend - parading or not! If you want Mary's phone number email me :- bantam33@hotmail.co.uk Lets have a good one.....
Mike
Back to top Go down
afm160

afm160

Number of posts : 18
Registration date : 2007-05-10

PostSubject: Re: Fifty years of Bantam Racing - Lydden Hill   Fifty years of Bantam Racing - Lydden Hill Icon_minitimeTue Feb 09, 2010 6:23 am

Has anyone got a spare bantam for me (andyMoulden) to race for the weekend?
Back to top Go down
http://www.afmoulden.co.uk
mjpowell

mjpowell

PostSubject: Re: Fifty years of Bantam Racing - Lydden Hill   Fifty years of Bantam Racing - Lydden Hill Icon_minitimeTue Feb 09, 2010 8:19 am

Andy do you want to race all weekend? or just do the parade? The former I presume...
Back to top Go down
alan
Admin
alan

Number of posts : 453
Registration date : 2006-12-01

PostSubject: Re: Fifty years of Bantam Racing - Lydden Hill   Fifty years of Bantam Racing - Lydden Hill Icon_minitimeTue Feb 09, 2010 8:32 am

Hi Mike,
For info my bike is promised to Gerry Daine. Good to see Andy is still breathing though!!! be good to see him again, can we tempt him back?
Alan
Back to top Go down
https://bsabantamracing.editboard.com
afm160

afm160

Number of posts : 18
Registration date : 2007-05-10

PostSubject: Re: Fifty years of Bantam Racing - Lydden Hill   Fifty years of Bantam Racing - Lydden Hill Icon_minitimeMon Feb 15, 2010 6:53 am

Hi Mike and Alan hopefully will have my licence back by then so would like to race. hoping to get some practise in at mallory on a borrowed bike, have got to go and do the acu course first though. will be in touch Andy
Back to top Go down
http://www.afmoulden.co.uk
ROBBIE

ROBBIE

Number of posts : 377
Registration date : 2006-12-25

PostSubject: Re: Fifty years of Bantam Racing - Lydden Hill   Fifty years of Bantam Racing - Lydden Hill Icon_minitimeMon Feb 15, 2010 7:29 am

Hi Andy
The pratice day The Club has on the 5th of march you only need a road licence if that helps Smile
Back to top Go down
mjpowell

mjpowell

PostSubject: Re: Fifty years of Bantam Racing - Lydden Hill   Fifty years of Bantam Racing - Lydden Hill Icon_minitimeFri Feb 19, 2010 12:17 am

Message From Mary:-
Quote :
It's 50 years since the BRC was formed and the start of Formula Bantam Racing.

To celebrate, the Vintage Club have again offered a Past Masters' Parade at their Lydden Meeting which will be on 31st. July and 1st. August. All BRC members are invited to
what I hope will be a really great reunion - 50 years is really worth celebrating!

The Parade will be for Bantam machines only.

To enter:-

All riders must have a full ACU licence, a parade licence or a current DVLA driving licence.

Riders who are 70 or older must have a letter from their G.P.saying that he/she knows of no reason why the rider should not take part in the Parade. Sorry about this but it is an ACU ruling for insurance purposes. The ACU will want to see these letters before agreeing to your participation, so I must have them by 26th. June.

The entry fee will be £35.

Regs will be available shortly. Please send an S.A.E. to Mary Styles, 1, Ashley Gardens,
Grays, Essex RM16 2LR

If you would like to ride but don't have a bike, please let me know, I may be able to help but make no promises.

If anyone has a bike that they are willing to lend for the Parade, plese ring me on
01375 383032

Looking forward to seeing you at Lydden,

Mary Styles.
Back to top Go down
tonydavis

tonydavis

Number of posts : 156
Registration date : 2006-12-01

PostSubject: Re: Fifty years of Bantam Racing - Lydden Hill   Fifty years of Bantam Racing - Lydden Hill Icon_minitimeTue Feb 23, 2010 8:47 am

I will hopefully be there for this and if I'm not racing it would be nice to do a few steady laps in the parade Rolling Eyes Embarassed Rolling Eyes

Tony
Back to top Go down
ol' iron wheels

ol' iron wheels

Number of posts : 5
Registration date : 2006-12-30

PostSubject: Re: Fifty years of Bantam Racing - Lydden Hill   Fifty years of Bantam Racing - Lydden Hill Icon_minitimeSun May 16, 2010 5:43 am

Where is my old Bantam racing chassis? Dick and myself will be going to Lydden for the 50th and thought we would make up a bike for the parade. I sold my rolling chassis to someone in London in '75 but can't remember who. It had a scallop out of the downtube where the central exhaust passed through. If anyone has an old style rolling chassis for sale please get in touch. We think we have an engine but have not found it yet. Thanks - Dave Hunter
Back to top Go down
mjpowell

mjpowell

PostSubject: Get your entries in.....   Fifty years of Bantam Racing - Lydden Hill Icon_minitimeFri Jun 04, 2010 9:01 am

It's time for all former Bantam pilots to get there parade entries in to Mary - so make sure you have begged stolen made or borrowed a bike!
Mine are taken by Previous champion Pete Styles and scribe Graham Lawlor. Alans bike has BHR Chairman Gerry Daine, and Mick Scutt is out on one of Ian's.....
Back to top Go down
john bass

john bass

Number of posts : 1748
Registration date : 2006-12-06

PostSubject: Lydden 50th ...   Fifty years of Bantam Racing - Lydden Hill Icon_minitimeFri Jun 04, 2010 10:02 pm

Would love to be there, see all the reprobates of the past but had to write to Mary saying impossible. However sent some pics and hope she´ll put them up...
Have a good day -- yewall...
Cheers,
JayBee -- for John-Boy --81 next munff and still kicking!!
PS ... don´t forget that gravity don´t bite but it can be painful!!
Back to top Go down
http://t-online.de
SteveF

SteveF

Number of posts : 54
Registration date : 2006-12-04

PostSubject: Re: Fifty years of Bantam Racing - Lydden Hill   Fifty years of Bantam Racing - Lydden Hill Icon_minitimeTue Jun 08, 2010 4:16 am

Hi All

My Bike will be available for anyone that wants to use it at the parade.

I have given my details to Mary Styles
Back to top Go down
mjpowell

mjpowell

PostSubject: Re: Fifty years of Bantam Racing - Lydden Hill   Fifty years of Bantam Racing - Lydden Hill Icon_minitimeTue Jun 08, 2010 7:55 am

Thats the spirit!! Excellent! Thanks Steve......
Back to top Go down
john bass

john bass

Number of posts : 1748
Registration date : 2006-12-06

PostSubject: Cadwell -- race news?   Fifty years of Bantam Racing - Lydden Hill Icon_minitimeTue Jul 06, 2010 3:03 am

A win and a second each for Peter Tibbitts & Mike Powell at Cadwell and no news of what happened during the two races?

Rather disappointing -- to hear nothing...

Ah well, stick with memories I guess.

Have a good time at Lydden.

JayBee.
Back to top Go down
http://t-online.de
ptibbitt125

ptibbitt125

Number of posts : 282
Registration date : 2006-12-04

PostSubject: What happened?   Fifty years of Bantam Racing - Lydden Hill Icon_minitimeWed Jul 07, 2010 8:14 pm

Hi John,

Just got back from holiday abroad, will write when time - am at home and snowed under fixing vehicles / estate maintenance etc. Glad to hear you are firing on all cylinders.

Peter

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Fifty years of Bantam Racing - Lydden Hill   Fifty years of Bantam Racing - Lydden Hill Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Fifty years of Bantam Racing - Lydden Hill
Page 1 of 1