BSA Bantam Racing
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
BSA Bantam Racing

Bantam Racing Club

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Memories

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
mjpowell

mjpowell

Number of posts : 1074
Registration date : 2006-12-09

Memories Empty
PostSubject: Memories   Memories Icon_minitimeThu Apr 19, 2007 7:56 am

I was down at Tom's early in the week. (It's great working at a school and having lots of holidays) doing some work and getting Tom and Pete (Styles) to help me! It's preparation ready for Oulton Park. When Tom and I went out for a bite to eat on the eve of my 41st birthday I started thinking back to when I first knew of Tom?
It was at Llandow in 1980 looking at Pete and Ned's Bantams because my brother Rick was having his first race ever at that meeting and I was the 14 year old lad watching and learning? I remember meeting many bantam riders and the advise that was given to Rick. I've worked out Tom was 39 when I we first meet and it's been 23years I have had help from that quarter since Rick and I bought the bikes from Tom and Ned.
Time really does fly when your enjoying yourself ......
Mike
Back to top Go down
Ned

Ned

Number of posts : 260
Registration date : 2007-01-11

Memories Empty
PostSubject: Re: Memories   Memories Icon_minitimeThu Apr 19, 2007 10:21 am

Yes Mike and I can remember Rick saying to me "you wait till my young brother starts he has no fear at all, he's a real nutter on a bike"
Memories eh !
Ned
Back to top Go down
john bass

john bass

Number of posts : 1748
Registration date : 2006-12-06

Memories Empty
PostSubject: Speaking of Llandow...   Memories Icon_minitimeThu Apr 19, 2007 9:45 pm

Hey Folks!
Speaking of my favourite (2gear changes a lap) Welsh circuit...
Has anybody got George Harris's phone number, address -- or is he
on e-Mail?
Thanks!
John-Boy!
PS. Should never have been allowed to cock a leg over a nice Bantam - ey Ned! Keep well! JB.
Back to top Go down
http://t-online.de
ptibbitt125

ptibbitt125

Number of posts : 282
Registration date : 2006-12-04

Memories Empty
PostSubject: George Harris's Phone number   Memories Icon_minitimeSat Apr 21, 2007 1:02 am

was Chipping Sodbury (01454) 312816 in the 1970's and probably may still be.
Back to top Go down
ptibbitt125

ptibbitt125

Number of posts : 282
Registration date : 2006-12-04

Memories Empty
PostSubject: First memories   Memories Icon_minitimeSat Apr 21, 2007 1:09 am

of Mike and Rick were at a Cadwell BRC meeting in the early 1980's - I think it was the novice race and we of the South East Centre all rushed down to watch the antics at the club circuit hairpin. We were not disappointed! Rick and Mike came into the hairpin in close proximity and brought each other down at the entry. It was the sibling rivalry transferred to fisticuffs that really entertained...... I think I've got that just about right Mike, but please feel free to correct!
Back to top Go down

Memories Empty
PostSubject: Re: Memories   Memories Icon_minitimeSat Apr 21, 2007 5:57 am

HI MIKE

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!

only 24 years before the pension starts, hopfully by then sombody (me) might be able to beat you LOL. Laughing

all the best!
Ian
Back to top Go down
mjpowell

mjpowell

Number of posts : 1074
Registration date : 2006-12-09

Memories Empty
PostSubject: Not I Pete   Memories Icon_minitimeSun Apr 22, 2007 8:24 am

Hi Peter not Rick and I perhaps others? We crashed into each other once at Lydden just after the start but we both stayed on! But of course in those you could crash and then ride off again? Richard Howell once fell off in front of me at Cadwell Harpin and I ran over him and fell off. And of course I ran over Ted a couple of years ago too.
Rick was a novice(orange jacket) in 1980/81 and was the only rider ever(I think?) to win the novice enduro(fastest lap to Keith Woods)and the inter enduro(fastest lap Martin Perry)in a day and so becoming a senior rider in his first season complete with novice jacket. I on the other hand was a novice in 1982 and didn't win a race until October 83(inter/nov).
Rick hardly ever fell off (only 3 times) where I was a regular crasher last one being Anglesey in the rain!
Interestingly in 85 I had a rapid long stroke for that class and was generally beaten by Mike McDonnell and a certain Mick Potter on a Ted prepared bantam ! Of course back then you were the comeback kid winning championships!
Regards Mike ps Thanks Ian had a birthday(week) nearly sober now ...
Back to top Go down
john bass

john bass

Number of posts : 1748
Registration date : 2006-12-06

Memories Empty
PostSubject: Nostalgia and George Harris's phone #...   Memories Icon_minitimeSun Apr 22, 2007 8:00 pm

Hey you lot!
You are too young for all this nostalgia stuff -- get out there and race. It might wind me up enough to tell how it happened that I swore at Niffy and ever after wished I hadn't
Peter! thanks for George's #--- I'll give it a try.Heard he was poorly...
And what of the Wobbleyman Trophy? -- YOU, you and you have to decide whaat it has got to be awarded for... I only set the ball rolling -- its up to you to give it a good kicking.
Take care and don't forget that the force of gravity brings you back to earth.
Keep cool, go well & keep well,
JayBee.
Back to top Go down
http://t-online.de
Sponsored content

Memories Empty
PostSubject: Re: Memories   Memories Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Memories
Page 1 of 1