BSA Bantam Racing
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
BSA Bantam Racing

Bantam Racing Club

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Cadwell Park

Go down 
+2
mjpowell
mike redhead
6 posters
AuthorMessage
mike redhead

mike redhead

Number of posts : 90
Registration date : 2008-06-02

Cadwell Park Empty
PostSubject: Cadwell Park   Cadwell Park Icon_minitimeFri Sep 24, 2010 6:33 pm

Good luck to all racers this weekend but especially to fellow bantamites, lets hope for some good close racing, decent weather but most importantly a safe meeting.

and dont forget that Steve F reaches an important milestone in his life this weekend and becomes eligable for another racing class! ha ha ha
Back to top Go down
mjpowell

mjpowell

Number of posts : 1074
Registration date : 2006-12-09

Cadwell Park Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cadwell Park   Cadwell Park Icon_minitimeMon Sep 27, 2010 8:32 am

Excellent weekends racing!! Well Done Pete! Your riding and tactics (and luck) were without fault!! Well Deserved championship win! I was thinking when passing you down the straight, as Ian was passing you on the other side (in the Sunday race) how did you manage it?? Happy Birthday Steve! Good to see spare bikes not going to waste on the Sunday too.....

Mike
Back to top Go down
bennion

bennion

Number of posts : 103
Registration date : 2006-12-23

Cadwell Park Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cadwell Park   Cadwell Park Icon_minitimeMon Sep 27, 2010 6:12 pm

Congratulations Pete on your super calculated rides throughout the season. Probably the most senior (oldest) ever Bantam Champion ? Obviously this is all down to that new posh fairing....

Good to see Ned and Chris Quirey looking so well amid the downpour on Sunday. You must pick a better day next time !

Much thanks to everyone who has given me advice, spare parts and encouragement during my first real comeback season - you know who you are.

Chris
Back to top Go down
john bass

john bass

Number of posts : 1748
Registration date : 2006-12-06

Cadwell Park Empty
PostSubject: Peter TeeBits as Champ...   Cadwell Park Icon_minitimeMon Sep 27, 2010 9:48 pm

Hello Peter!
From reading what the others have said it seems you have gorn and dunn it... Bravo! -- old chap!
Well done!
I await the action news from some other source -- sounds as if it were a bit of a ding-dong at the end.
Was over in Essex and at the Boiler´s place last week but couldn´t get up to Cadwell... Andy´s Dad is quite poorly, and living at their place so we stayed in a B&B at Writtle.
Would appreciate your version of the "tussle" Mike mentions above.
Stay cool and keep well,
Cheers!
JayBee.
Gravity is when the piston seizes and the ground approaches a bit too fast.
Back to top Go down
http://t-online.de
SteveF

SteveF

Number of posts : 54
Registration date : 2006-12-04

Cadwell Park Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cadwell Park   Cadwell Park Icon_minitimeMon Sep 27, 2010 9:56 pm

Congratulations Pete, excellent super smooth riding has done the trick, well done.

Congratulations also to Robbie becoming 175 champion again ! after a close run battle with Mike Redhead. Well done Mike.

A very BIG thank you to you all for the birthday card, over 50s !! race entry, and best wishes over the weekend.
It was very much appreciated.

Back to top Go down
ptibbitt125

ptibbitt125

Number of posts : 282
Registration date : 2006-12-04

Cadwell Park Empty
PostSubject: Reply to Mike!   Cadwell Park Icon_minitimeTue Sep 28, 2010 12:44 am

Hi Mike, many thanks for your kind comments and gifting me that 3rd win. I hope it didnt hurt too much.

As for the "How did I manage it" question, you as an expert sandbagger I'm surprised you didnt spot another at it. .....Actually i think I was over-jetted for the conditions, thats why it was a bit slower.

Ian was asking me why my bike was faster than his at Cadwell, yet at Pembrey mine was slower than his. I said there were no changes on my bike, just an engine rebuild since Pembrey. Than last night I realised there was! At Pembrey I was forced to use a spare cylinder head, which had a higher CR and thus I ran with more retard. At Cadwell I was back with the old head and ign timing, the settings that worked so well at 3-Sisters.

I am aslo tucking in more, which does make a difference.

Thanks to all for the encouragemnet this year, and to all the marshalls who braved the weather yesterday.

pete
Back to top Go down
mike redhead

mike redhead

Number of posts : 90
Registration date : 2008-06-02

Cadwell Park Empty
PostSubject: Re Cadwell Park   Cadwell Park Icon_minitimeWed Sep 29, 2010 2:41 am

Well two out of three wasnt bad! the racing was excellent, I believe we all got home safely, but who organised the Angelsey weather, I guess there must be an allotted amount of weather and if you dont use it up over the course of the season then you get whats left right at the end! Smile

Congratulations to Pete on his Championship and to Robbie for retaining his 175 title, its been a blast this season, can next season get any better?

bring it on!

Mike.
Back to top Go down

Cadwell Park Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cadwell Park   Cadwell Park Icon_minitimeWed Sep 29, 2010 4:51 am

Well done Pete and Robbie on there championship victories it was a very close season in both classes coming down to the last meeting, but what an enjoyable one to be involved in. I just wish i could be as fast and consistent as Pete has been this year. Roll on Easter Monday and hopefully some new and old faces will be out on the grid.

PS nice to see Andy C back out on track and Carl C getting a licence for a possible return, maybe next year we can have a grid or two of just bantams.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Cadwell Park Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cadwell Park   Cadwell Park Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Cadwell Park
Page 1 of 1