BSA Bantam Racing
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
BSA Bantam Racing

Bantam Racing Club

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Championship Win...

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
john bass

john bass

Number of posts : 1748
Registration date : 2006-12-06

Championship Win... Empty
PostSubject: Championship Win...   Championship Win... Icon_minitimeMon Oct 18, 2010 2:20 am

Congratulations TeaBitts!
From what I learned of Peter´s riding was that it was TACTICS, looser fitting leathers and NOT TYRES that won him the 2010 Championship.
Cheers!
JayBee.
Back to top Go down
http://t-online.de
john bass

john bass

PostSubject: Tbbitts as Champ... Wakey wakey!!!   Championship Win... Icon_minitimeThu Nov 04, 2010 9:46 pm

Wakey wakey Peter!
I submit and pay you a compliment -- it was your new leathers & clever tactics, and NOT tyres that won you the 2010 Championship,(I said) -- and you don´t reply. Sleeping in Rest Ops are you? -- no that was Andy ... beg your pardon lad! Got a pic from Andy of me sitting on a racing Yam, (Sept `10, was at his place for a few hours....) -- what a hideous way to ride a motorcycle!? What one should have, is sit-up & beg style racing with whacking great wide handlebars and no brakes -- and race only race on the grass***.
All the best,
JayBee....

***tarmac is too rough a massage on my delicate skin....
Back to top Go down
ptibbitt125

ptibbitt125

Number of posts : 282
Registration date : 2006-12-04

PostSubject: Dinner & Dance   Championship Win... Icon_minitimeSun Nov 14, 2010 7:27 am

Eh up JB. Thou going t'dinner & dance lad? Its on 5th February 2011 at a Coventry location explained elsewhere. Not too far from Notty one hopes, and hope to see you there if you can make it.

PJ drunken

Back to top Go down
john bass

john bass

PostSubject: PT Champ 2010...   Championship Win... Icon_minitimeMon Nov 15, 2010 6:19 am

Hi Peter!
I´m working on it -- let you know closer to Xmas.
All the best,
JayBee.
Back to top Go down
mjpowell

mjpowell

Number of posts : 1074
Registration date : 2006-12-09

PostSubject: Re: Championship Win...   Championship Win... Icon_minitimeTue Nov 23, 2010 9:49 am

Pete out of all of your Bantam Championships which one means the most to you? As I recall (nearly)all of your titles have been close run things - With Cashy84 Bernie85 Keith Woods99(including riding with a broken collarbone) or 2010 getting the best of Ian and I ??

Ref my mods for 2011 - just looser fit leathers... Smile
Back to top Go down
ptibbitt125

ptibbitt125

PostSubject: Reply to Mike   Championship Win... Icon_minitimeTue Nov 23, 2010 9:29 pm

Hi Mike,

Its a difficuklt call. The first one was pretty special, but of the 1999 and 2010, I think it just has to be the 1999 one with Woodsy, as it was one hell of a job on the day to fix the crash damage following the spill in practice at the Gooseneck, and me feeling very 2nd hand. (I didnt find out I had a broken collarbone until the next day). With Keith winning the first of the two c/ship races I had to get out in the second and finish in the first 4 to win it.. i think the final points were 332 to 229. (My belated thanks to Tim Partington and Mark Peterson who were instrumental in fixing the bike).

I can definitely recommend looser fitting leathers!
Back to top Go down
mjpowell

mjpowell

PostSubject: Re: Championship Win...   Championship Win... Icon_minitimeWed Nov 24, 2010 6:13 am

I remember you when you borrowed Pete Farenden's long stroke banty in 1983 and was well impressed in 84 when you beat the unbeatable due i think to your fast starts and catch me if you can tactics. Your race number i remember too - i liked the way it looked!!
Mike
Back to top Go down
ptibbitt125

ptibbitt125

PostSubject: reply to Mike   Championship Win... Icon_minitimeThu Jan 20, 2011 1:16 am

Hi Mike,

You have a good memory - I had forgotten it was Pete Farenden's bike I tried at Snett in 1983. It seemed to live in Ted Smith's stable, so i guess I thought it was one of his.

Yes, I liked that number and was a bit miffed when you took it off me (fair and square) in 1986.....
Back to top Go down
mjpowell

mjpowell

PostSubject: Re: Championship Win...   Championship Win... Icon_minitimeThu Jan 20, 2011 6:25 am

Pete I was refering to your 1984 racing number - 33!!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Championship Win...   Championship Win... Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Championship Win...
Page 1 of 1