BSA Bantam Racing
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
BSA Bantam Racing

Bantam Racing Club

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

hi from Smiffy

Go down 
+5
ROBBIE
bennion
alan
mjpowell
ted
9 posters
AuthorMessage
ted

ted

Number of posts : 184
Registration date : 2007-08-23

hi from Smiffy Empty
PostSubject: hi from Smiffy   hi from Smiffy Icon_minitimeMon Jan 03, 2011 10:07 pm

Hi guys a happy new year to you all, hope you are all well or on the mend(sorry never go to send any good wishes to you Alan when you had your prang). I have had some bad news myself after a short spell of not feeling to good I have been diagnosed as having a type ofnon-Hodgkin lymphoma (Waldenstrom macroglobulinaemia). I got a chest infection some time over Christmas and did not take action, so on 27th got taken in plumbed up and spent 6 days on drips (not continus),lots better now and got home last night. Have entry form for 1000 bikes that I intend to fill in and ride (a bike not to entry form).Good luck to you all.
Smiffy
Back to top Go down
mjpowell

mjpowell

Number of posts : 1074
Registration date : 2006-12-09

hi from Smiffy Empty
PostSubject: Re: hi from Smiffy   hi from Smiffy Icon_minitimeTue Jan 04, 2011 2:14 am

Hi Ted sorry to here of your problems - best of luck with any treatment or procedures?!
I was extremely ill once and only managed to race at the first and last race of the season,
but getting out on the bike was definitely the best tretment..

1000 Bikes is a good idea, I think it would be good to get as many bants out as possible and
up our profile a bit..

Regards Mike
Back to top Go down
ted

ted

hi from Smiffy Empty
PostSubject: Re: hi from Smiffy   hi from Smiffy Icon_minitimeTue Jan 04, 2011 3:14 am

Hi mike yes your right but i'm thinking TZ 350
Back to top Go down

hi from Smiffy Empty
PostSubject: Re: hi from Smiffy   hi from Smiffy Icon_minitimeTue Jan 04, 2011 11:10 pm

Hi Ted,

Sorry to hear you have been unwell, I hope you are well on the road to recovery and we get to see you at a few meetings this year

Happy New Year

James
Back to top Go down
alan
Admin
alan

Number of posts : 453
Registration date : 2006-12-01

hi from Smiffy Empty
PostSubject: Re: hi from Smiffy   hi from Smiffy Icon_minitimeWed Jan 05, 2011 1:10 am

Hi mr. Ted !
Hope you are well on the way to a good recovery, keep safe and warm, and will see you in the paddock soon.
Alan
Back to top Go down
https://bsabantamracing.editboard.com
bennion

bennion

Number of posts : 103
Registration date : 2006-12-23

hi from Smiffy Empty
PostSubject: Re: hi from Smiffy   hi from Smiffy Icon_minitimeWed Jan 05, 2011 3:04 am

Ted
Sounds like an acute shortage of beer to me... Hope you can get your leg over (the Bantam I mean) at some point during the season. Smile
Regards
Chris
Back to top Go down
ted

ted

hi from Smiffy Empty
PostSubject: Re: hi from Smiffy   hi from Smiffy Icon_minitimeWed Jan 05, 2011 9:47 pm

Thanks for the good wishes the road to recovery is a little bit down the lane yet they will not know if the chemothrepy is working untill after the forth one some time in March.
Back to top Go down

hi from Smiffy Empty
PostSubject: Re: hi from Smiffy   hi from Smiffy Icon_minitimeFri Jan 07, 2011 7:34 am

Sorry to hear about your news Ted hope all is getting better and will see you at mallory.
All the best
Ian,Deb and kids.
Back to top Go down
ROBBIE

ROBBIE

Number of posts : 377
Registration date : 2006-12-25

hi from Smiffy Empty
PostSubject: Re: hi from Smiffy   hi from Smiffy Icon_minitimeSat Jan 08, 2011 7:39 am

Hi Ted
hope things are going well and you get better soon.
see you soon Robbie & Lou
Back to top Go down
pushrod

pushrod

Number of posts : 19
Registration date : 2007-02-01

hi from Smiffy Empty
PostSubject: Re: hi from Smiffy   hi from Smiffy Icon_minitimeMon Jan 10, 2011 10:06 pm

Hi Ted,
I remember you getting run over at the elbow at Lydden. You bounced back from that one, and with your outlook on life I'm sure you'll bounce back from this one too! Smile
See you in the paddock, soon......
Regards, Ken ( sometimes Cub )
Back to top Go down
Nick B

Nick B

Number of posts : 94
Registration date : 2008-02-14

hi from Smiffy Empty
PostSubject: Re: hi from Smiffy   hi from Smiffy Icon_minitimeTue Jan 11, 2011 1:55 am

Hi ted,
bad news about your illness mate, hope the treatment is going well & makes things more comfortable for you. Hope to see you at mallory practice. Best of luck.
Back to top Go down
Tim Partington

Tim Partington

Number of posts : 24
Registration date : 2007-03-07

hi from Smiffy Empty
PostSubject: Re: hi from Smiffy   hi from Smiffy Icon_minitimeFri Jan 14, 2011 1:43 am

Hi Ted, Sorry to hear about the illness.....trust you to get something I can't pronounce !. I am having a bit of bother with me ticker at the moment and am wired up to various bits of kit. I reckon we are both getting past our sell by dates ! Good luck !
Back to top Go down
ted

ted

hi from Smiffy Empty
PostSubject: Re: hi from Smiffy   hi from Smiffy Icon_minitimeFri Jan 14, 2011 3:38 am

Hi Tim sounds like we are falling apart, hope you get better. I had my second chemotherpy yesterday had bad night last night but thats expected, feel a lot better today. Then 4-6 days time and I should fell crap. Onwards and upwards.
Back to top Go down
ptibbitt125

ptibbitt125

Number of posts : 282
Registration date : 2006-12-04

hi from Smiffy Empty
PostSubject: Hi Smiffy   hi from Smiffy Icon_minitimeThu Jan 20, 2011 12:26 am

Hi Ted, glad to hear you are on the mend and look forward to your next paddock entertainment session.

Thanks for all your encouragement last season, it was really appreciated.

All the best

pete
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

hi from Smiffy Empty
PostSubject: Re: hi from Smiffy   hi from Smiffy Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

hi from Smiffy
Page 1 of 1