BSA Bantam Racing
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
BSA Bantam Racing

Bantam Racing Club

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

OBM March Issue

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
mjpowell

mjpowell

Number of posts : 1074
Registration date : 2006-12-09

OBM March Issue Empty
PostSubject: OBM March Issue   OBM March Issue Icon_minitimeSat Mar 05, 2011 9:46 am

Another excellent article by Graham Lawlor ... on BHR dinner/dance and pic's too! some of Rusty's action shots from last season... Well Done I say... Some bantam stalwarts get pic's or a mention....
Back to top Go down
scribe

Number of posts : 2
Registration date : 2009-01-07

OBM March Issue Empty
PostSubject: Re: OBM March Issue   OBM March Issue Icon_minitimeMon Mar 14, 2011 9:13 pm

Hello Mike. Haven't been on the Banty website for a while so have only just seen your kind words. The next edition of OBM has got our feature on none other than Pete Tibbitts, which hopefully will help to give you chaps a bit of extra publicity. Regards to all, Graham Lawlor

PS - Have just had a quick look at some of the old programmes you've posted on this website and although I never raced a Bantam I did do a lot of BRC meetings in the 250 and 500 singles events btwn 1983 and 1989 and have got tucked away somewhere all the programmes. When I find them I'll bring them along to a BHR meeting so they can be scanned in if needed.
Back to top Go down
mm_tribsa

mm_tribsa

Number of posts : 77
Registration date : 2008-03-12

OBM March Issue Empty
PostSubject: Re: OBM March Issue   OBM March Issue Icon_minitimeTue Mar 15, 2011 2:41 am

Must admit I do like the old programme scans myself, thanks Mike

The Snett 86 programme reminded me that I held both the LS and SS, outright, lap records at the same time, first ride on a ss if I remember. Also reading back though my notes, very technical ones Mike so don't be disappointed, it does appear Trevor A did have some input during that time dispite his recent post. Bike was a rocketship but just unreliable, story of many a bantam I would think !!
Back to top Go down
mjpowell

mjpowell

OBM March Issue Empty
PostSubject: Re: OBM March Issue   OBM March Issue Icon_minitimeTue Mar 15, 2011 4:05 am

Excellent about Peter being featured, that is a must have copy. Happy days.. Mike Mc... I believe you won some races in 86 which i didn't attend! lol I remember that much, as I won every race I started bar one and Peter won that.

Promgrammes - Chris Bennion and myself have a lot, Chris is scanning, I'm supplying and Alan uploading... Still got another 250plus to do! (don't tell Chris) So hold fire just for the minute Graham...

All the race's are scanned in too ....not just the bantam ones

Regards Mike
Back to top Go down
Derek

Derek

Number of posts : 1065
Registration date : 2007-06-15

OBM March Issue Empty
PostSubject: Re: OBM March Issue   OBM March Issue Icon_minitimeTue Mar 15, 2011 5:08 am

so MMTRIBSA is Mike Mc Donald, !

Hi Mike "you comming out to play on a bantam next year", mind you love the bike your riding now, a beauty, shame your not doing it justis, LOL, unlike what you did on a Bantam.

Your post, and responces remind me of the TT bit.

Now on the ss/ls never new that.

(Tit's and Testosterone !)

Cheers Derek
Back to top Go down
mm_tribsa

mm_tribsa

OBM March Issue Empty
PostSubject: Re: OBM March Issue   OBM March Issue Icon_minitimeTue Mar 15, 2011 5:51 am

Derek, you cut me deep !! the big bike is a challenge after 20 odd years out of the saddle, the Tribsa was my dad's in the '60s and a peach but kidda hardwork...gonna give it another go this year and we'll see where that takes me..

Regards Mike's comments, yes you beat me in '86 but my notes show that I had a few fastest laps that year and wins against you in '84, so I consider that box ticked !!
Back to top Go down
Derek

Derek

OBM March Issue Empty
PostSubject: Re: OBM March Issue   OBM March Issue Icon_minitimeTue Mar 15, 2011 6:00 am

Hi Mike you were alwasy a nice guy, so thought I would be kind to you, and will you pair stop swapping testosterone.

derek
Back to top Go down
mjpowell

mjpowell

OBM March Issue Empty
PostSubject: Re: OBM March Issue   OBM March Issue Icon_minitimeTue Mar 15, 2011 6:21 am

Fastest laps don't win champioships!!!! lol (but, consider your boxes ticked!)

Rumour has it..? Mike Mc may be having a outing on a bantam sometime this year?

I heard it at the BHR d&d.. drunken .. drunken ..
Back to top Go down
bennion

bennion

Number of posts : 103
Registration date : 2006-12-23

OBM March Issue Empty
PostSubject: Re: OBM March Issue   OBM March Issue Icon_minitimeTue Mar 15, 2011 6:36 am

Promgrammes - Chris Bennion and myself have a lot, Chris is scanning, I'm supplying and Alan uploading... Still got another 250plus to do! (don't tell Chris) So hold fire just for the minute Graham...

Mike
Will do you a swap for more at Mallory race meet. Bring on more BRC mags !
Chris Smile
Back to top Go down
mm_tribsa

mm_tribsa

OBM March Issue Empty
PostSubject: Re: OBM March Issue   OBM March Issue Icon_minitimeTue Mar 15, 2011 7:11 am

Rumour has it..? Mike Mc may be having a outing on a bantam sometime this year?

If the offer of a ride wasn't made in jest then Mike Mc might well make a reappearance on a small two stroke next year, may be a few lb's heavier but just as enthusiastic Very Happy
Back to top Go down
mjpowell

mjpowell

OBM March Issue Empty
PostSubject: Re: OBM March Issue   OBM March Issue Icon_minitimeWed Mar 16, 2011 9:29 am

Will do Chris how many do you want bout 20? ok don't want to overload you as your bantam race prep is more important!! Any Requests?(feel like a DJ) for meetings or seasons? got lots between 80 to present....

Mike
Back to top Go down
Derek

Derek

OBM March Issue Empty
PostSubject: Re: OBM March Issue   OBM March Issue Icon_minitimeThu Mar 17, 2011 7:45 am

Blimey this is a lot of work, JUST for just a race programme - i LIKE THEM AND THEY ARE REALLY INTERESTING BUT NOT as interetsing as the old club magazienes" thought it would be better to post the old mag's, these would be great not sure who would have a full set, Mick scutt / John sawyer use to post on regular basis technical snipits and helpful information.

regards Derek
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

OBM March Issue Empty
PostSubject: Re: OBM March Issue   OBM March Issue Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

OBM March Issue
Page 1 of 1