BSA Bantam Racing
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
BSA Bantam Racing

Bantam Racing Club

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Superstock 175 Bantam

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Nick B

Nick B

Number of posts : 94
Registration date : 2008-02-14

Superstock 175 Bantam Empty
PostSubject: Superstock 175 Bantam   Superstock 175 Bantam Icon_minitimeSat Mar 19, 2011 7:42 am

Good evening chaps,
Never had any comments about a more standard type of 175 to try and expand the grid in a previous thread.
Is it a crap idea ?
What do you think Mike ,Derek,Al ,James & the essex boys .
do you think a good rider could be competitve on that sort of bike ?
do you think its still relevant about trying to make all the bikes more modern as i believe that was the original line of thought.
I feel a really good 175 is a good match for the 125s so could a more simplified bike be an option ?
final comment is just how well phil goes on Josie and shes OLD SKOOL.

Cheers Nick.
Back to top Go down
Derek

Derek

Number of posts : 1065
Registration date : 2007-06-15

PostSubject: Re: Superstock 175 Bantam   Superstock 175 Bantam Icon_minitimeSat Mar 19, 2011 11:56 am

Hi nick only met you once chatted to me, very tipical of the vast majority of bantam racers, really open and nice, but I don't agree with what your saying, anyone can build a 175cc with minimal resources and be competertive straight off, a winner in the class takes time but without having loads of money or masses of technical expertise the formula is designed to be limiting,

as I believe it was Alan who kindly said when I was winging about how big an advantage these lightweight riders have over me, 175 for those that have limited knowledge/resources when you get going quicker and you develop the knowledge then you can switch to 125 if you wish to try your newly acquired skills and knowledge, at more in-depth tuning.

Good post though and well put!, "I see not one typo's "so you must be educated then."

regards Derek

Back to top Go down
mjpowell

mjpowell

Number of posts : 1074
Registration date : 2006-12-09

PostSubject: Re: Superstock 175 Bantam   Superstock 175 Bantam Icon_minitimeSat Mar 19, 2011 10:01 pm

Yep we could do? A Superstock 175 or standard road going 175 class? Its only 1 trophy to fund at the end of the year... Whats the interest from members/guests any D10/14/D175 owners out there?

Mike
Back to top Go down
Nick B

Nick B

Number of posts : 94
Registration date : 2008-02-14

PostSubject: Re: Superstock 175 Bantam   Superstock 175 Bantam Icon_minitimeSun Mar 20, 2011 5:41 am

Derek, Mike & all,
My line of thought was that if a rider liked the idea of racing a bantam that this was a starting platform. Once they had gained experiance and hopefully got the bug then they could further develop the bike they were using and move up a class.
please bear in mind that not everybody has the abilty to build some of the wonderfull machines that you chaps have built over the years .
remember most of the new starters of more recent years are riding bikes that have been built by others myself included.
I have built some really good racing bikes but they have always been production type machines, some of our bikes are more or less one offs so surely this is easier.I am only interested in trying to expand the numbers represented on the grid there are no hidden agendas here.
P.s.Derek i am not educated but the missus works within education!
P.p.s.Mike i think i am going to start building (only chance of winning anything)

Nick
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Superstock 175 Bantam   Superstock 175 Bantam Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Superstock 175 Bantam
Page 1 of 1