BSA Bantam Racing
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
BSA Bantam Racing

Bantam Racing Club

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Oxford Possie ....

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
mjpowell

mjpowell

Number of posts : 1074
Registration date : 2006-12-09

Oxford Possie .... Empty
PostSubject: Oxford Possie ....   Oxford Possie .... Icon_minitimeWed Mar 23, 2011 9:19 am

Any new pic's Mark? We are eager to see your mount for the season??

and you James Smile
Back to top Go down
mark taylor

Number of posts : 25
Registration date : 2009-08-13

Oxford Possie .... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Oxford Possie ....   Oxford Possie .... Icon_minitimeWed Mar 23, 2011 10:07 am

Hi Mike & all,

just a few pictures any comments are very welcome,

Oxford Possie .... Cache_0000012eaffab88644

[/img]Oxford Possie .... 1300633677981

Oxford Possie .... ?action=view&current=cache_0000012eb0617aa74d

regards Mark
Back to top Go down
Derek

Derek

Number of posts : 1065
Registration date : 2007-06-15

Oxford Possie .... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Oxford Possie ....   Oxford Possie .... Icon_minitimeWed Mar 23, 2011 10:25 am

hi mark I think it looks the dog's tagum's - "well done to you".

by the way- love the rear sub frame and supports for foot rests, we been looking a for a good idea like this for eddie's bike.

and yet another bantam Mike "see I told you so" there are many many more on the go to.

You all need to send in pics of what your building so we can take a pick of the best ideas you all have. lol

regards Derek
Back to top Go down
mark taylor

Oxford Possie .... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Oxford Possie ....   Oxford Possie .... Icon_minitimeWed Mar 23, 2011 10:35 am

Thanks derek, here's a few more pics

Oxford Possie .... Cache_0000012eaffa066a41

Oxford Possie .... Cache_0000012eb05fb70846
Back to top Go down

Oxford Possie .... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Oxford Possie ....   Oxford Possie .... Icon_minitimeWed Mar 23, 2011 6:11 pm

Mark,

Looking good, what carb have you gone for ?

James
Back to top Go down
tonydavis

tonydavis

Number of posts : 156
Registration date : 2006-12-01

Oxford Possie .... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Oxford Possie ....   Oxford Possie .... Icon_minitimeThu Mar 24, 2011 9:16 am

Smile I recognise that front end, so should Derek and james come to think of it

Looking good Mark Wink

Tony
Back to top Go down
Tim Cornish

Tim Cornish

Number of posts : 310
Registration date : 2009-04-16

Oxford Possie .... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Oxford Possie ....   Oxford Possie .... Icon_minitimeFri Mar 25, 2011 4:10 am

Looks nice Mark. Did you have to modify the headstock a bit to fit the front forks in? That might be the decider of the project for me, ish.

T
Back to top Go down
mark taylor

Oxford Possie .... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Oxford Possie ....   Oxford Possie .... Icon_minitimeFri Mar 25, 2011 10:20 am

Hi all,

James the carb is a Mikuni TM38, I really wanted to start off with a 32 or 34mm but I was given this one, so if any body knows the settings to start off with please let me know.

Tony great front end, cant wait to see how it handles.

Tim the frame/head stock is standard D7 Bantam, the forks stem has been modified to fit the Bantam head stock I think the work was carried out by Tony Davis.

Regards Mark
Back to top Go down
Derek

Derek

Number of posts : 1065
Registration date : 2007-06-15

Oxford Possie .... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Oxford Possie ....   Oxford Possie .... Icon_minitimeSat Mar 26, 2011 6:03 am

"Yo Tony" just realised what your talking about, Blimey good to see being used, to good effect, great handling front end that. very light 17" WM2 RIM

forks /yokes/ wheel and disc off SUZUKI GS cost - The guy wanted a tenner for the lot I got the lot for a £5er Norm/Newark and a day with Micky Nash. "a very good teacher"
Rim £12.0 from another jumble liverpool never been used brand new
not sure on the master cylinder ?not sure its mine (mine cost me £6.0 ebay)
my braded hose cost me £3.0 ebay
caliper £5 autojumbe
£70plus vat central wheel, who did a great job, the rim rebuild into my wheel hub, I had to remove it from the old wheel rim, cutting all spokes out with a grinder.

Tim front ends are easy - just machine two top hats to fit taper bearings and current stem, then weld them into the headstock, but remove the old bantam pressed cup first - once told - the rest is easy.

Blimey I would cut down the forks though, cost me to do recently £50. To have this done by local engineering company, who parted off the end threads and then re threading the intenal threads to aloow refitting of the end nuts / all thats needed then is to shorten the intenal spring done by hand with a grinder then clean and reassembly.

The bike looks like its comming along great, always plenty to do though.

regards Derek
Back to top Go down
Tim Cornish

Tim Cornish

Number of posts : 310
Registration date : 2009-04-16

Oxford Possie .... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Oxford Possie ....   Oxford Possie .... Icon_minitimeSat Mar 26, 2011 9:30 am

What do you mean by "top hats"? Slightly confusing all this jargon haha. Yes, seems fair I guess; I will come to that soon. I've got a standard D7 frame though, I'll upload a picture shortly. It'll have to be stripped, painted etc but seeing the amount of surface rust on there I think it would really prefer a deep cleansing of sand blasting, I mean, complete sandblasting, not nitty-gritty stuff.

Oxford Possie .... 28828_1285861595539_1500143591_653984_4082458_n

As you can see it is rather small for me on these terms for my 6' 7" and still growing body.... Any ideas on making the frame a bit bulkier/taller? Laughing

T
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Oxford Possie .... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Oxford Possie ....   Oxford Possie .... Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Oxford Possie ....
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
BSA Bantam Racing :: Your first category :: Bantam Racing Forum-
Jump to: