BSA Bantam Racing
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
BSA Bantam Racing

Bantam Racing Club

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

New Builds - Learners

Go down 
+20
luke.plane
Trevor Amos
mscutt
mark taylor
Nick B
ted
mm_tribsa
dansofield550
Ned
tonydavis
undredseesee
Andy C
mjpowell
ROBBIE
alan
john bass
Derek
adam p
Tim Cornish
Edward Pickering
24 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 6 ... 9, 10, 11 ... 14 ... 19  Next
AuthorMessage
Edward Pickering

Edward Pickering

Number of posts : 739
Registration date : 2007-02-19

New Builds - Learners - Page 10 Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Builds - Learners   New Builds - Learners - Page 10 Icon_minitimeSat Nov 26, 2011 6:55 am

Picture moved to handling topic"

Last edited by Edward Pickering on Sat Dec 03, 2011 9:04 pm; edited 4 times in total
Back to top Go down
john bass

john bass

Number of posts : 1748
Registration date : 2006-12-06

PostSubject: Yeah!   New Builds - Learners - Page 10 Icon_minitimeSat Nov 26, 2011 7:02 am

Yeah Ed, I just don´t believe it happened. I sent that pic and a document --

so, where is the "RPM - Gear Ratio ..." document??

Ah! perhaps you get it tomorrow?

Thanks!

JayBee.
Back to top Go down
http://t-online.de
Edward Pickering

Edward Pickering

PostSubject: Re: New Builds - Learners   New Builds - Learners - Page 10 Icon_minitimeSat Nov 26, 2011 7:11 am

Hi John,

I got the document but it didnt want to play, i will have a play around with them and see what i can do for you.

Eddie
Back to top Go down
Edward Pickering

Edward Pickering

PostSubject: Re: New Builds - Learners   New Builds - Learners - Page 10 Icon_minitimeSat Nov 26, 2011 7:18 am

P.S.

If any current racers are looking at dad's current build and feel there is something wrong than please say, just been looking at the pvl coil position we thought would be good but means extending the wires. Any comments?

Kind Regards

Edward & Malcolm
Back to top Go down
Nick B

Nick B

Number of posts : 94
Registration date : 2008-02-14

PostSubject: Re: New Builds - Learners   New Builds - Learners - Page 10 Icon_minitimeSat Nov 26, 2011 7:35 am

Hi Ed & Malcom,
I would recommend getting maximum air flow over your head and barrel,
be aware that type of fairing is more commonly used on watercooled bikes .
best advice would be to ask ian ,mike or tom the best mod required as they
would know.
cheers Nick
Back to top Go down
Nick B

Nick B

Number of posts : 94
Registration date : 2008-02-14

PostSubject: Re: New Builds - Learners   New Builds - Learners - Page 10 Icon_minitimeSat Nov 26, 2011 7:39 am

Forgot to mention, no problem on extending the wiring on the PVL .
Nick
Back to top Go down
Edward Pickering

Edward Pickering

PostSubject: Re: New Builds - Learners   New Builds - Learners - Page 10 Icon_minitimeSat Nov 26, 2011 8:00 am

Hi Nick,

Thanks for the info on the pvl, just wanted to check, i'm sure the lads will chip in on the fairing info but thanks for the heads up!

Regards

Eddie & Malcolm
Back to top Go down
Edward Pickering

Edward Pickering

PostSubject: Re: New Builds - Learners   New Builds - Learners - Page 10 Icon_minitimeSat Nov 26, 2011 10:26 pm

John,

Changed a few things and hopefully this is the other one you wanted.

New Builds - Learners - Page 10 GearRatio

Eddie
Back to top Go down
john bass

john bass

PostSubject: WoW!   New Builds - Learners - Page 10 Icon_minitimeSat Nov 26, 2011 10:39 pm

Wow Ed!
Thanks!
WoW! It came out without symbols obliterating some parts -- as it had earlier when I tried to send it to the Bantam site.

Maybe someone finds the chart useful -- or quite disheartening as I did when I realised that the fastest I could have gone at Brands was just 82mph...!!
--- although I must confess there were times when I felt like getting off and giving Icarus-1 a push!

Clutch, 38teeth & engine sprocket ... 17teeth.

Bit more up to date -- perhaps! Peter gave Rolling Radius for 18" KR825 as 300mm (11.8") wheras this ancient chart
gave it as 11.4"(289.56mm)
Back to top Go down
Edward Pickering

Edward Pickering

PostSubject: Re: New Builds - Learners   New Builds - Learners - Page 10 Icon_minitimeSat Nov 26, 2011 11:36 pm

No Problem John,

I just changed the format of the picture and cleaned it up so it could all be read.

Eddie
Back to top Go down
john bass

john bass

PostSubject: Thanks Ed...   New Builds - Learners - Page 10 Icon_minitimeSun Nov 27, 2011 5:04 am

Thanks Ed -- changed the format? -- does that mean Windows XP to something else?? or was my
sender incompatible?
I am lost!
Back to top Go down
Edward Pickering

Edward Pickering

PostSubject: Re: New Builds - Learners   New Builds - Learners - Page 10 Icon_minitimeSun Nov 27, 2011 5:23 am

Your welcome,

i had to change what type of file it was to a jpeg so that i could clean it up and upload it to put it in here. Hope that makes sense.

Eddie
Back to top Go down
john bass

john bass

PostSubject: Bit Clearer...!   New Builds - Learners - Page 10 Icon_minitimeSun Nov 27, 2011 5:36 am

Getting a bit clearer Ed because I sent a document to a bloke in Wales and he pleaded
please send pics and doccs in Windows XP because he has redeived a load of symbols...

Thanks again and carry on the good work on the Bantam -- no slacking now!!

Cheers!
Back to top Go down
Edward Pickering

Edward Pickering

PostSubject: Re: New Builds - Learners   New Builds - Learners - Page 10 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 28, 2011 5:21 am

Hi John,

Dont worry we havent been slacking, dads been trying welding and exhaust bits, ive been driving myself nuts with a metal roller and putting the red rigid engine bottom end back together, few bits to sort!

Regards

Eddie
Back to top Go down
john bass

john bass

PostSubject: Great Discoveries!   New Builds - Learners - Page 10 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 28, 2011 5:59 am

Went down into the Kellar(Cellar) and sorted thro´some old papers -- and sorry Ed,
found some more ancient diagrams from a long-distant past that if I cannot get attached here I´ll send to you....

What was That?

I heard a groan!

Where´s Derek?

Perhaps he has been arrested -- coasting his Bantam, dead-engined down hill, in a public park???

Back to top Go down
Edward Pickering

Edward Pickering

PostSubject: Re: New Builds - Learners   New Builds - Learners - Page 10 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 28, 2011 7:35 am

Hi John,

Not a problem, the forum is all about helping people so i will help where i can. Dont know about Derek, maybe he is reading and not posting.

Regards

Eddie
Back to top Go down
Derek

Derek

Number of posts : 1065
Registration date : 2007-06-15

PostSubject: Re: New Builds - Learners   New Builds - Learners - Page 10 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 28, 2011 9:39 am

Hi John
love the bike, it does not look like Germany ! is the bike yours ?

Ed - still here, been busy with other issues, what about some photo's of what you have been doing. can you help ed i have been unable to load a scan for Trevor of the Amstong /Todd Bantam.

regards Derek
Back to top Go down
john bass

john bass

PostSubject: Not the bike, Derek...   New Builds - Learners - Page 10 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 28, 2011 11:23 pm

It was a test to see if I could send a pic and a doc to Eddie -- and the doc was important...
The photo of Andy Boyle´s bike with me on board bike was taken 2 years back. Andy produces his own castings for engine and carb extensions etc... etc... The bike is a championship winner ...

The doc was important -- NOT THE BIKE NOR ME!!

I cannot get the pic on my PC here although it flashes and goes away. German gear this PC and its bits!!?? The document comes up clear enough because Ed cleaned it up -- where when I sent it to the Bantam site it was all symbols -- and I don´t think ever got there anyway. The chart is the gear-box-rearwheel sprocket sizes -- with Gear Ratios in top and mph speeds -- which was the important bit -- and so far NO ONE HAS SAID THEY NEEDED THE CHART!!

I am most upset -- Booh Hoooo!! (I kicked the cat -- and he bit my leg!)

The bike is Andy Boyle´s GP5 Royal Enfield (Bill LOmas apparently raced one -- long ago) which has an Alpha replica engine of the 250 ABS I helped to develope way way back in the dark days which we don´t tralk about `cos it is sloppy nostalgia and this web site is for serious technical stuff, as everybody knows....

Best remembered is tussling it out with John Senior on his Greeves Silverstone at Llandow where he beat me to third (1st English bike) home by a tyre´s width ( or depth???) ...

Oh whoops! Done it again! it´s that nasty nostalgia again.

I´ll try to send a diagram I found in the cellar of Icarus-2 front end set up that suited my riding style and upset my mentor & engine-man plus Icarus-2´s behaviour upset the Wobbleyman no end....

Might be useful ...?????
Back to top Go down
Edward Pickering

Edward Pickering

PostSubject: Re: New Builds - Learners   New Builds - Learners - Page 10 Icon_minitimeTue Nov 29, 2011 1:17 am

Not really much to show Derek but see what i can do.

As for the scan no problem, email or pm it over and i will upload it if i can.

Eddie
Back to top Go down
Tim Cornish

Tim Cornish

Number of posts : 310
Registration date : 2009-04-16

PostSubject: Re: New Builds - Learners   New Builds - Learners - Page 10 Icon_minitimeTue Nov 29, 2011 5:07 am

Looking good, keep it up!

T
Back to top Go down
Edward Pickering

Edward Pickering

PostSubject: Re: New Builds - Learners   New Builds - Learners - Page 10 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 13, 2011 7:30 am

Well Hopefully Nick someone will give us some advice on the mods for the fairing as dad is getting worried that i made him buy an air saw!! affraid

Eddie
Back to top Go down
mjpowell

mjpowell

Number of posts : 1074
Registration date : 2006-12-09

PostSubject: Re: New Builds - Learners   New Builds - Learners - Page 10 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 14, 2011 3:42 am

Ed Fairing hole needs to be bigger than you would have for a water-cooled...

Go to the Sport-pic's link on the web page then -Gallieries - 2008- Lydden and look for pic's
of me (33) on my bantam with Green plates it features the Jimmy/Snowy motor in my bike
look at the size of the 'Hole'

Regards Mike
Back to top Go down
Edward Pickering

Edward Pickering

PostSubject: Re: New Builds - Learners   New Builds - Learners - Page 10 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 14, 2011 7:53 am

Thank You Mike for taking the time to read my post, i will look into that and hopefully we can work out what we need to do.

Regards

Edward & Malcolm
Back to top Go down
Tim Cornish

Tim Cornish

Number of posts : 310
Registration date : 2009-04-16

PostSubject: Re: New Builds - Learners   New Builds - Learners - Page 10 Icon_minitimeSat Dec 17, 2011 10:29 am

Hi all,

Looking lekker as a Saffie myself would say. Just popped on quickly to see how you're all coming along, especially Ed. Wish you guys all luck for next season, and beyond if I'm not around in the UK until then. I'm back in the Transvaal now, well, my home city of Pretoria to be precise! Enjoying the sun and rugby, as per.

Goeie naag.

T
Back to top Go down
Edward Pickering

Edward Pickering

PostSubject: Re: New Builds - Learners   New Builds - Learners - Page 10 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 21, 2011 7:05 am

Hi Tim,

Yes we are still moving along, still bits to source and build and make fit but we will get there! Hope you have a good christmas.

Regards

Eddie
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: New Builds - Learners   New Builds - Learners - Page 10 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

New Builds - Learners
Page 10 of 19Go to page : Previous  1 ... 6 ... 9, 10, 11 ... 14 ... 19  Next