BSA Bantam Racing
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
BSA Bantam Racing

Bantam Racing Club

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Who's out to at cadwell ???

Go down 
+5
Nick B
john bass
mjpowell
bennion
ROBBIE
9 posters
AuthorMessage
ROBBIE

ROBBIE

Number of posts : 377
Registration date : 2006-12-25

Who's out to at cadwell ??? Empty
PostSubject: Who's out to at cadwell ???   Who's out to at cadwell ??? Icon_minitimeMon Jun 06, 2011 4:19 am

So who's coming out to play at cadwell ???
Michael will be out on he's bike
and I will be out on one of my bikes
Back to top Go down
bennion

bennion

Number of posts : 103
Registration date : 2006-12-23

PostSubject: Re: Who's out to at cadwell ???   Who's out to at cadwell ??? Icon_minitimeMon Jun 06, 2011 7:11 am

I'm up for Cadwell. Both bikes, barbee and beer...
Chris Smile
Back to top Go down
mjpowell

mjpowell

Number of posts : 1074
Registration date : 2006-12-09

PostSubject: Re: Who's out to at cadwell ???   Who's out to at cadwell ??? Icon_minitimeMon Jun 06, 2011 7:44 am

Yes i'm at Cadwell!!!
Back to top Go down
john bass

john bass

Number of posts : 1748
Registration date : 2006-12-06

PostSubject: Cadwell... AaaaH!   Who's out to at cadwell ??? Icon_minitimeMon Jun 06, 2011 9:11 pm

Wish I could be there again--

I rode the 1927 Triumph "Model TT" (500cc road hack in the twenties) round there as well as the Bantam & 250ABS -- the old Triumph had hand-change (which I had not had the time to convert -- ) I say `Riding´ `cos I´d only put the old Triumph together a couple of days before the meeting and with hand change and constantly jumping out of gear We (bike & me) were no competition for Scotts, Rudges, BSAs and Nortons there that day -- although I was using Victor Martin Track methanol with 0.2% Puredin...

Back to top Go down
http://t-online.de
Nick B

Nick B

Number of posts : 94
Registration date : 2008-02-14

PostSubject: Re: Who's out to at cadwell ???   Who's out to at cadwell ??? Icon_minitimeMon Jun 06, 2011 9:20 pm

Chaps ,
i am out at Cadwell ,fingers crossed for a few more on the grid.

Chris any joy on your carb issues after the water leak ,i just rememberd that when i had waterworks problems the carburation goes all to cock !

cheers Nick
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Who's out to at cadwell ???   Who's out to at cadwell ??? Icon_minitimeTue Jun 07, 2011 5:26 am

I'll be there. fully rebuilt ready to go just hope the rain stays away
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Who's out to at cadwell ???   Who's out to at cadwell ??? Icon_minitimeWed Jun 08, 2011 4:34 am

Will hopefully be out on something, may even bring a Gearbox.....

If not may go for strike rather than just a spare next time .... affraid

Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing

Fastest laps I found are (full circuit)

125 Mike Powell 1:57:31 2007
175 Mike Powell 2:08:77 2008

James
Back to top Go down
Derek

Derek

Number of posts : 1065
Registration date : 2007-06-15

PostSubject: Re: Who's out to at cadwell ???   Who's out to at cadwell ??? Icon_minitimeThu Jun 09, 2011 8:32 am

Hi I'm back!!!!!!!!!

after surviving the rain at MOTOGP, I hope it does not rain at cadwell.

and Yes I'm out at cadwel.

I will be making a few reply posts, but have so much catching up to do, and quite a lot of reading?, looks like a lot being said recently.

regds Derek
Back to top Go down
john bass

john bass

PostSubject: Hi Derek!   Who's out to at cadwell ??? Icon_minitimeThu Jun 09, 2011 10:11 pm

Hi Derek,
Did you find out anything about the "... foot on the rests during the race..." rule whilst there? Saw on telly a lot of Stars were stretching a leg before the corner...

And what about the Jonas Folga incident in the 125? Were you nearby to see the brilliant bit of passing on the last bend in the 125 race by Folga. The commentator was going nuts over the way the two Gemans were battling it out ...

Cheers!
JayBee.
Back to top Go down
Derek

Derek

Number of posts : 1065
Registration date : 2007-06-15

PostSubject: Re: Who's out to at cadwell ???   Who's out to at cadwell ??? Icon_minitimeSat Jun 11, 2011 4:54 am

Hi John the two guys were not German, one from spain, the one doing the pushing was nearly lynched after the incident, they gave him 20 sends otherwise I do not think he would have been allowed out of the circuit alive. ?

foot pegs issue, no answer's just looks ?

and to busy hiding from the rain to work on the .

Derek
Back to top Go down
mjpowell

mjpowell

PostSubject: Re: Who's out to at cadwell ???   Who's out to at cadwell ??? Icon_minitimeSat Jun 11, 2011 5:20 am

James I did a 2.01 lap on Jimmys 175 in 2008 in the BF Cockerels race, but can't lay my hands on the
results sheet at mo... Question
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Who's out to at cadwell ???   Who's out to at cadwell ??? Icon_minitimeSat Jun 11, 2011 7:30 am

that was a good racethat one, changeing positions at least once a lap and having a good clean fight till the flag come out and i crashed in to you on the slow down lap ooppppps sorry mike/jimmey.
Back to top Go down
mjpowell

mjpowell

PostSubject: Re: Who's out to at cadwell ???   Who's out to at cadwell ??? Icon_minitimeSun Jun 12, 2011 12:39 am

Found it -

175 record is 2.00:73 in Sept 2008
Back to top Go down
phil betty

Number of posts : 38
Registration date : 2007-02-13

PostSubject: Re: Who's out to at cadwell ???   Who's out to at cadwell ??? Icon_minitimeTue Jun 14, 2011 6:41 am

hi all, i'll be there. lc running and nearly ready, josie [ with her 30 mil 4 stroke amal, must do something about that ] not started on yet, but i've got next weekend. I hear andy c and andy m may be out to play and as for the weather ...... well who knows what that may bring.
Back to top Go down
ted

ted

Number of posts : 184
Registration date : 2007-08-23

PostSubject: who's out at Cadwell??   Who's out to at cadwell ??? Icon_minitimeThu Jun 16, 2011 8:32 pm

I spoke to Andy Molden this morning and his cheque has bee cashed but he has not got his entry back yet. He is on the bike all weekend (well let's hope). Andy C is taking the bike to the meeting for him. Then we will decide wher it goes to be prepairwd for Lydden ,were A M will be on it again. What is happening after that is not yet decided.
Back to top Go down
ted

ted

PostSubject: Who out at Cadwell   Who's out to at cadwell ??? Icon_minitimeThu Jun 16, 2011 8:35 pm

How did I get so many mistakes I one posting?
Back to top Go down
john bass

john bass

PostSubject: Mistakes...   Who's out to at cadwell ??? Icon_minitimeThu Jun 16, 2011 10:21 pm

You are not alone Ted!
I´m dropping clangers all the time.

I hope things are going OK with your treatment, all the best ...

Came across a copy of an old photograph where you, in natty leathers, are at the end of the line-up with left hand across your midrift. Bill Lawrence is standing at your right shoulder, then come Terry Brown, Peter Styles, John Pearce and then the tall, lanky lad in white-topped leathers -- looking the Dude, Mick Jones -- a head above Mick Scutt and finally Keith Webb.
They all seem to have a lot of hair -- including you with a large lump of the growth under your nose.

Was that The Estern Centre lads assembed -- in WHAT YEAR? -- withOUT Colin Aldridge -- how on earth did you manage that without the Wobbleyman??

Perhaps Colin was into sponsoring by then?

Take care,
John.
Cheers!
Back to top Go down
ted

ted

PostSubject: Re: Who's out to at cadwell ???   Who's out to at cadwell ??? Icon_minitimeFri Jun 17, 2011 10:00 am

Yes John the leathers are blue with yellow stripes. That was the team race winner’s photo in 1976. I think Collin was racing a TZ then and had stopped borrowing bantams to wreck.
Back to top Go down
john bass

john bass

PostSubject: Nostaglia tracking...   Who's out to at cadwell ??? Icon_minitimeFri Jun 17, 2011 1:13 pm

Wonderful!
`76 -- I was living it up in Montreal on Budweiser!
Last time I spoke to The Wobbleyman was on Slick´s mobile phone when they were both at Daytona with Scott Russell.
Good old days -- the early 70´s I mean.
Cheers
JayBee -- for John-Boy, a not yet extinct species!
Back to top Go down
Edward Pickering

Edward Pickering

Number of posts : 739
Registration date : 2007-02-19

PostSubject: Re: Who's out to at cadwell ???   Who's out to at cadwell ??? Icon_minitimeMon Jun 27, 2011 7:14 am

Just a quick note,

Thank you to Andy C, Nick B, Alan & Robbie for taking time out today to speak to us.

Eddie
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Who's out to at cadwell ???   Who's out to at cadwell ??? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Who's out to at cadwell ???
Page 1 of 1