BSA Bantam Racing
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
BSA Bantam Racing

Bantam Racing Club

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

The Beginning of The End

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Tim Cornish

Tim Cornish

Number of posts : 310
Registration date : 2009-04-16

The Beginning of The End Empty
PostSubject: The Beginning of The End   The Beginning of The End Icon_minitimeTue Jun 07, 2011 4:44 am

Hello all,

I'm just sympathizing with myself here, that, for all the effort, time, money I have put into this project, barely anything good has come out of it, in a way. I have totted up that with the increasing little time and money I have, I am ending this project when it gets running. After that I shall be selling the bike, spares etc. I am no longer continuing this account on here (undecided), nor shall I be attending Lydden every year or any other meetings, maybe.

Words cannot express how kind and expressive this club has been to some (failed) builders/riders like myself, and it is a shame the average age of this club can apply for a bus pass, but atleast it's still going strong, in a way, with plenty of more people being interested in it. The time and effort you guys have put in has been superb, and pretty much undisputed throughout my time here. I'm moving onto less-adventurous things hopefully, in order to carry on my other hobby, which I do love a lot more which is model rocketry. I know it's crazy but meh.

I would firstly like to say sorry to anyone I managed to p*** off (shame, last time I swore on here it blerted it out! Eurgh!), and secondly to the people in their little back-room sheds who have kept a growing bond between the club and I. I would like to wish you all a very reluctant season and many good years to come.

Over and out.

Tim
Back to top Go down
john bass

john bass

Number of posts : 1748
Registration date : 2006-12-06

PostSubject: End so soon!?   The Beginning of The End Icon_minitimeTue Jun 07, 2011 8:36 pm

Rather sad, Tim...
Back to top Go down
http://t-online.de
Tim Cornish

Tim Cornish

Number of posts : 310
Registration date : 2009-04-16

PostSubject: Re: The Beginning of The End   The Beginning of The End Icon_minitimeWed Jun 08, 2011 3:49 am

Sad as in the emotional pain or the satirical manner of the way I addressed the matter?

Back to top Go down
john bass

john bass

Number of posts : 1748
Registration date : 2006-12-06

PostSubject: Not like the old days...   The Beginning of The End Icon_minitimeTue Jun 14, 2011 8:46 pm

Not like the old days -- if a bloke kept on about wanting to race and building himself one to do so he would have been lent one.

I lent Icarus-1 to a Ford Dunton employee for a session´s practice at Brand´s. That was whilst I tried to get Icarus-2 to behave properly -- I was experimenting steering geometry to improve the handling, of course!! When I came into the Pits after half-an-hour it was to find he´d gone... Friends said he´d got a message ....

Funny thing about riding Racing Bantams -- they aren´t quite like any other two-wheeelled veehickle ever.

????
JayBee
Back to top Go down
http://t-online.de
Edward Pickering

Edward Pickering

Number of posts : 739
Registration date : 2007-02-19

PostSubject: Re: The Beginning of The End   The Beginning of The End Icon_minitimeFri Jun 17, 2011 5:35 am

Shame to hear after all the ideas and thought you put into it.

Eddie
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Beginning of The End   The Beginning of The End Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The Beginning of The End
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
BSA Bantam Racing :: Your first category :: Bantam Racing Forum-
Jump to: