BSA Bantam Racing
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
BSA Bantam Racing

Bantam Racing Club

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

discourteous riding

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Derek

Derek

Number of posts : 1065
Registration date : 2007-06-15

discourteous riding Empty
PostSubject: discourteous riding   discourteous riding Icon_minitimeMon Jun 27, 2011 3:35 am

Unfortunately I had a really bad experience on saturday, I was lapped on the last lap, at the moment I just wish to finish, anyway Ian who won, came past me and gave me plenty of room, the sign of a skilled and competent racer, one who respect's and considers all racers on the track, not just his need to win or prove a point, however I can not say the same about the next idiot who came past me, a rider of his reputation and past history should know better, it's a shame I can not say the same about him or the over take on me who stuffed it up the inside of me completely out of control and ran straight onto the grass he was never going to make the corner, seemingly a madman, and completely out of control, do we really need to pull these stupid and highly dangerous manuvers on each other, I think not,!!!!!!! this manoeuvre ran me onto the grass, as I could not turn in.

this individual I have always held in high regard, however this incident has somewhat, changed my opinion, i now think he raced without regard for anyone including him self, and has to be considered in such light, lacking in a number of departments !???????.

Fortunately we ran onto an area where there was enough run off, not to hit anything and thank goodness I never panicked and grabbed a hand full as this would have collected both of us.

others who saw this suggested I should report it officially, because it was so dangerous, however in the interest of sportsmanship, I have not, however if such should happen again, I will be

while im sure we want people to return, no matter what reputation they have, all riders have a responsibility and should consider others, I mean ! ? we are all club racers and race on a weekend but have to go to work on a monday to pay the mortgage

Please in future if you lapping me or overtaking me please give me a little more room, remember the code of this sport is, — you are the faster rider it's your responsibility to overtake safely,

I could hardly consider the manoeuvre up the inside on me fair and clearly, was down to a lack of practice and stupidity.

Now l'm also disappointed i did not get an apology,

but any time will do ?

regards derek
Back to top Go down
Trevor Amos

Number of posts : 939
Registration date : 2010-08-13

PostSubject: Re: discourteous riding   discourteous riding Icon_minitimeTue Jun 28, 2011 12:23 am

Hi, Derek,
As he has no internet connection or indeed a contact phone number, Mark has asked me to offer an unreserved
appology to you, and accepts full responsibility for the racing incident , and to place it on the Forum.
Should you feel able he would like a friendly chat to clear the air and put right any ill feelings, perhaps at Llyden,
if not sooner,it was never his intention to impeed you in any way . Faced with a slower rider ,to pass left or right,
he made the wrong choice. It is a relief that no one was injured as a result of his silly mistake !

On behalf of Mark , kind regards ,Trevor

Back to top Go down
Derek

Derek

Number of posts : 1065
Registration date : 2007-06-15

PostSubject: Re: discourteous riding   discourteous riding Icon_minitimeTue Jun 28, 2011 1:17 am

Hi Trevor

- tell Mark no need to clear the air, his appology is accepted.

I was just miffed at the time, (and 1980!), he just needs to cool it "a little" its great to have him back, they all want him to stay and I do we need him, - "and in one piece", the bike is clearly very quick, and had the legs in the wet untill he lost it, apparently on oil patch every else managed to miss !

"just teasing" sorry ?
on the sunday in the dry, I think he was up to 4th untill he stopped, mined you every one was 2 or 3 seconds a lap quicker in the race, I spent an hour the evening before with Mark, he said to me over a beer, he's a little short of practice, he was adamant, he was doing nothing silly, his words not mine. - blimey! it was not my intention to get in his way either, I actually feel my mid corner speed is ok - not bad, its just entry in and the straight bits I'm struggling with. !!

I had a feeling he was commming, after Ian came past me like a rat up a drain pipe, my godness it was a good job I did not turn in, at that moment, otherwise we would both be communicating from hospital, there was no way he was making the corner, weather i was their or not, just too out of control "in way too hot".

I feel Mark needs to calm down, a little and settle in to his return, "enjoy it" he has no surprises", everyone knows how quick he and that bike is, he has nothing to prove, that is for sure!.

Best regards Derek.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: discourteous riding   discourteous riding Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

discourteous riding
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
BSA Bantam Racing :: Your first category :: Bantam Racing Forum-
Jump to: