BSA Bantam Racing
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
BSA Bantam Racing

Bantam Racing Club

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Hello from Aus.

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
mlr440

Number of posts : 3
Registration date : 2011-08-19

Hello from Aus. Empty
PostSubject: Hello from Aus.   Hello from Aus. Icon_minitimeSat Aug 20, 2011 2:01 am

Hi all, just wanted to say Hi from down under, originally from Edinburgh but now in Aus. not much of a racer or mechanic really but am a coachbuilder and custom bike builder. i recently purchased a 1970 175 Bantam in boxes and wondered what to do with it.. then i found your site. Great. i want to build the bike to your specs as that gives me a datum, just good to read the forum and capture a wee bit of your wisdom, it may one day fly around Winton raceway in victoria, we`ll see how it goes. keep up the good work gents and i look forward to reading your future posts and if possible asking for a wee bit advice (but most of it has already been posted), cheers for the mo. happy racing to you all. wish you were here... Mark.
Back to top Go down
johnSbantam

johnSbantam

Number of posts : 259
Registration date : 2006-12-01

Hello from Aus. Empty
PostSubject: bantams down under   Hello from Aus. Icon_minitimeSat Aug 20, 2011 10:19 am

Mark,

Welcome to the fold, as you might see in the gallery their are a few of us over the Tasman infected with the "fowl pest" too.
We have quite a network here and in the Western Island currently making some useful racing parts. So happy to share ideas.

I am ocassionally in Melbourne, Modak don't have much NOS Bantam stuff left.

cheers

Bantam John (NZ)
Back to top Go down
mlr440

Hello from Aus. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hello from Aus.   Hello from Aus. Icon_minitimeSun Aug 21, 2011 2:37 pm

thanks for the reply John,
will give you a shout when the project gets going, not sure what i`ll do for a front end, what do you guys use ? the original one is bent, won`t be much left original when i`m done, may do mono shock conversion, i`ll get your email add. and we`ll keep in touch.
Cheers the noo, Mark.
Back to top Go down
johnSbantam

johnSbantam

Number of posts : 259
Registration date : 2006-12-01

Hello from Aus. Empty
PostSubject: Specs and e mail   Hello from Aus. Icon_minitimeSun Aug 21, 2011 5:36 pm

My email address for bike stuff is: johnS.bantam@xtra.co.nz

Front end depends on what class you will ride in or local eligibility rules.
If Open like UK guys, then anything much goes except upside down forks. ? early pre 95 RS125 would be good. I originally had GT185 forks with CB77 TLS hub. I think Mike Powell has GT185s
If BEARS Marzzochis like Benelli 250 would be good.
If British pre 63 like me then C15 with trick innards, pre 72 shuttle cock Tri or the later Comical hub BSA ones for pre 75
Its a trade off between good handling and weight.
E mail me sometime, we have lots of ideas and have actually found some that work !
Back to top Go down
mlr440

Hello from Aus. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hello from Aus.   Hello from Aus. Icon_minitimeMon Aug 22, 2011 12:34 am

thanks John

will email, trouble is i`m not too close to a wrecker, i`ll soon find something..

Cheers Again, M.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Hello from Aus. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hello from Aus.   Hello from Aus. Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Hello from Aus.
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
BSA Bantam Racing :: Your first category :: Bantam Racing Forum-
Jump to: