BSA Bantam Racing
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
BSA Bantam Racing

Bantam Racing Club

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

ROGER LOUIS

Go down 
+5
phil betty
ptibbitt125
mjpowell
ted
Ned
9 posters
AuthorMessage

ROGER LOUIS Empty
PostSubject: ROGER LOUIS   ROGER LOUIS Icon_minitimeTue Sep 06, 2011 7:54 am

It brings me great sadness to pass on this news that Roger passed away on saturday night after a long hard fight against illness.

Roger was not only a personal friend but with his wife Jennie was the start of me starting to race bantams and then taking over the sponsorship of the championship.

He will be dearly missed but one thing is I bet it was him that kept me on on Sunday cheers Roger.

Ian
Back to top Go down
Ned

Ned

Number of posts : 260
Registration date : 2007-01-11

ROGER LOUIS Empty
PostSubject: Re: ROGER LOUIS   ROGER LOUIS Icon_minitimeTue Sep 06, 2011 9:43 am

It was Roger and the late Geoff Deaks that got me to join the Bantam club in the 60's.
Loads of good memories from way back. RIP Lou.
Back to top Go down
ted

ted

Number of posts : 184
Registration date : 2007-08-23

ROGER LOUIS Empty
PostSubject: Re: ROGER LOUIS   ROGER LOUIS Icon_minitimeTue Sep 06, 2011 11:39 pm

My condolences to Jennie, and all who knew Lou. He will be missed! I have a lot of good memories of him and yes I am proud to say I am the Ted Smith credited with “noise by Ted Smith” on the seat of his racing Bike in the seventies. The championship would not be been as it is without his long sponsorship. RIP Lou.
Back to top Go down
mjpowell

mjpowell

Number of posts : 1074
Registration date : 2006-12-09

ROGER LOUIS Empty
PostSubject: Re: ROGER LOUIS   ROGER LOUIS Icon_minitimeWed Sep 07, 2011 6:13 am

I first knew Roger in the early eighties when I watched him,Cashy and my brother Rick racing in close company at many a BFRC meetings and with others too at BRC meets.
Roger was never far away from the Bantam racing scene after his retirement as it was always close to his heart...
R.I.P. Roger
Back to top Go down
ptibbitt125

ptibbitt125

Number of posts : 282
Registration date : 2006-12-04

ROGER LOUIS Empty
PostSubject: Roger   ROGER LOUIS Icon_minitimeFri Sep 09, 2011 3:58 am

Just heard this very sad news from Ted Smith.

My sincere condolencies to Jennie. I well remember coming across Roger on the track at the first meeting of 1984 at Mallory, this was in the days of Mick Cashmore etc which Mike alludes to above. Fond memories of those days. Especially the Dinner/dances at that Northamptonshire venue...

Think its great that Roger and Jennie were able to keep involved with Bantam racing through Ian, and of cours to sponsor the Championship for many years.

RIP Roger
Back to top Go down
phil betty

Number of posts : 38
Registration date : 2007-02-13

ROGER LOUIS Empty
PostSubject: Re: ROGER LOUIS   ROGER LOUIS Icon_minitimeFri Sep 09, 2011 7:15 am

i did not know Roger as well as, or for as long as some of you but my few short moments with him will never be forgotten. Bantam racing will not be the same without you Rodger. R.I.P.
Back to top Go down
Derek

Derek

Number of posts : 1065
Registration date : 2007-06-15

ROGER LOUIS Empty
PostSubject: Re: ROGER LOUIS   ROGER LOUIS Icon_minitimeFri Sep 09, 2011 7:40 pm

This is very sad news,
I new Roger from a very early age, when racing with the BFRC.

He was always a really nice guy.

My sincere condolencies to Jenny.

RIP Roger

Regds
Derek Betts
Back to top Go down
ray gray

ray gray

Number of posts : 7
Registration date : 2008-11-20

ROGER LOUIS Empty
PostSubject: Re: ROGER LOUIS   ROGER LOUIS Icon_minitimeTue Sep 13, 2011 3:44 am

Hi all old Bantam Club Racers from 60s -70s
Roger and I have been friends since the early 50s I rode his bantam a few times (only trophies i ever won ).
Am feeling very sad at momement. I have lost a very good friend.
Ray Gray(action man).
Back to top Go down
tonydavis

tonydavis

Number of posts : 156
Registration date : 2006-12-01

ROGER LOUIS Empty
PostSubject: Re: ROGER LOUIS   ROGER LOUIS Icon_minitimeTue Sep 13, 2011 10:24 pm

RIP Roger

another big name from Bantam racing lost, another who's made a massive contribution to the sport. Remember you from when me and Ray started out and have seen you in recent times with Ian etc at meetings. Sure you will be sadly missed by many, but fondly remember by all.

RIP

Back to top Go down

ROGER LOUIS Empty
PostSubject: Re: ROGER LOUIS   ROGER LOUIS Icon_minitimeThu Sep 15, 2011 4:11 am

For anybody wishing to know the funeral will be on tues 27 sep at corbits tey nr upmnster at 2pm.
Back to top Go down
Mick Jones

Mick Jones

Number of posts : 162
Registration date : 2006-12-05

ROGER LOUIS Empty
PostSubject: Re: ROGER LOUIS   ROGER LOUIS Icon_minitimeFri Sep 16, 2011 11:21 pm

I just got home from holiday to this very sad news, Roger was a great guy and good mate, my deepest condolences to Jennie and his family. RIP, never to be forgotten.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

ROGER LOUIS Empty
PostSubject: Re: ROGER LOUIS   ROGER LOUIS Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

ROGER LOUIS
Page 1 of 1