BSA Bantam Racing
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
BSA Bantam Racing

Bantam Racing Club

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

midlands Centre

Go down 
+13
dansofield550
ROBBIE
Mick Potter
Trevor Amos
john bass
Ned
mark taylor
ted
1bantamcloser2divorce
nigel breeze
mjpowell
Edward Pickering
Derek
17 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
AuthorMessage
Edward Pickering

Edward Pickering

Number of posts : 739
Registration date : 2007-02-19

midlands Centre - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: midlands Centre   midlands Centre - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun Mar 03, 2013 10:56 pm

Good Morning Trevor,

Confirmed so far:

Me and Dad
Mick Potter
Nigel & Derek and hopefully Terry
Yourself

I have also asked:

Colin Oldham
Nick Bramley
Karl and the guys building the Bonneville Bantams
Mike McDonnell (sorry if spelt wrong)

I hope everyone enjoyed themselves last time, anyone is more than welcome to come along if they wish to, i know we are all quite far spread out.

Kind Regards

Eddie
Back to top Go down
Edward Pickering

Edward Pickering

PostSubject: Re: midlands Centre   midlands Centre - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 07, 2013 7:31 am

Good Evening All,

Reference the meeting on the 17th is a midday start acceptable to all?

Kind Regards

Eddie

P.S If anyone wishes to go for a drink afterwards im sure i can suggest a few places.
Back to top Go down
Trevor Amos

Number of posts : 939
Registration date : 2010-08-13

PostSubject: Re: midlands Centre   midlands Centre - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 07, 2013 8:30 am

Many thaks Ed,
Looks like an eclectic mix of personalities and interests , should be good ! See you all at 12 noon on the 17th

Cheers , Trevor
Back to top Go down
Edward Pickering

Edward Pickering

PostSubject: Re: midlands Centre   midlands Centre - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 08, 2013 5:17 am

Good Evening All,

Forgot to add that if people want to brings along bits/bikes etc to show or discuss please feel free to.

Kind Regards

Eddie
Back to top Go down
Mick Potter

Mick Potter

Number of posts : 125
Registration date : 2007-06-09

PostSubject: Re: midlands Centre   midlands Centre - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 08, 2013 11:07 am

Hi Eddie & All.

My mate Rob will be coming along so if you want his opinion on your bikes suspension set up make shore you bring it along with you.

see you on the 17th.

Mick.
Back to top Go down
Edward Pickering

Edward Pickering

PostSubject: Re: midlands Centre   midlands Centre - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 13, 2013 8:27 am

Good Evening All,

Confirmed as it stands:

Me and Dad
Trevor Amos
Nigel
Derek & Terry Betts
Mick Potter + One
Nick Bramley + One

Kind Regards

Eddie
Back to top Go down
Edward Pickering

Edward Pickering

PostSubject: Re: midlands Centre   midlands Centre - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun Mar 17, 2013 4:02 am

Good Afternoon All,

Just a reminder depending on weather it may be worth bringing a jacket/fleece as I am used to the cold!

If anyone needs the details again just let me know.

Kind Regards

Eddie
Back to top Go down
nigel breeze

nigel breeze

Number of posts : 358
Registration date : 2007-12-23

PostSubject: Re: midlands Centre   midlands Centre - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun Mar 17, 2013 4:18 am

ill bring me minnie mouse one zee then cheers affraid
Back to top Go down
http://leginezeerb@hotmail.co.uk
Edward Pickering

Edward Pickering

PostSubject: Re: midlands Centre   midlands Centre - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 18, 2013 6:57 am

Good Evening All,

Thank you to all that turned up today, hopefully you all enjoyed yourselves over the good few hours we were there.

Kind Regards

Eddie
Back to top Go down
nigel breeze

nigel breeze

PostSubject: Re: midlands Centre   midlands Centre - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 18, 2013 8:38 am

thanks eddie and malcolmb for hosting another good meet Very Happy . nice to see some more new faces cheers learnt some good information provided by mick potter and rob study about the suspension set ups.... brilliant.....even got to see a winners trophy, what more could you want and a big thanks to derek for driving us down in comfort instead of in my dodgy van ,see you all soon.. cheers
Back to top Go down
Trevor Amos

PostSubject: Re: midlands Centre   midlands Centre - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 19, 2013 7:54 am

As it often happens , behind so very many succesful events there exists a small core of dedicated enthusiasts , Sunday`s meeting was just such occasion with Malcom and Ed providing the venue and hospitality for the rest of us to indulge ourselves and have such a good time . I`m sure that all that were there would join with me in saying a huge , THANKYOU , to you both !

Nigel had his intriguing hybrid engine with parts from Britain , Austria, Japan ,and doubtless other locales , should we call it Bantax , or Rotam ? Mick and Rob gave a fine talk on suspension matters , Nick showed off his impressive silverware , showed an interesting barrel and was in fascinating conversation from the moment he arrived .
Indeed everyone there contributed to make those hours just fly by , we even manage a video and picture show !

Terrific stuff , and a personal thankyou to everyone there , and here`s to the next time !
Back to top Go down
Derek

Derek

Number of posts : 1065
Registration date : 2007-06-15

PostSubject: Re: midlands Centre   midlands Centre - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 19, 2013 10:27 am

Im back - thank you Alan, Im sure this was not the most popluar decision, but well done for making it.

now if you have ever been offended by my posts, for what ever reason or because I cannot spell, please dont read my future one's.

just wanted to say well done to all those people who made the effort to attend the third midland Bantam racers meeting, I noted, names and photo's of what people bought with them of "interest" to look at.

as always Trevors comments on engines /barrels/ crancases never seems to amaze all,

"people" I want to say thanks to both Ed the hijaker for the venue, and enough tea/coffe to go round, and Malc for the buffet lunch crisps and the left over xmas sausages, and freeze dried Pizza, excellent"!.

anyway "thank you" both.

Not sure how others feel on making a small contributions, but I feel we should really all contribute to the tea/coffe costs that we all drink.

I would suggest a small nominal fee of £2.0 or £2.50 each, left overs could go to a kitty for the next venue's event, I would suggest this small donation should in future cover things like tea/coffee or nibbles, not sure what you guys faulked the last two time but I remeber the first one cost me a few quid, especially all the free booze at the bar for malc, seriously, clearly we are growing in numbers, you cannot be expected to do this each time without some sort of nominal contribution towards the tea/coffe.

the next venue should be similar uk location of I would say within an hr of the midlands may be even further south to encourage some of the southerners to attend, I'm aware there is a cafe in kiddyminster/worcestershire where they sell tea and coffee to bikers, some really famouse people and racers requent the place (as all my people know "Im one"), anyway "it would be a good place to have a meeting but more importantly it will help our cause to raise our profile of Classic or Vintage racers, with a few Bantam racers present, would I'm sure target the right "key target group" of mr normal/joe public, or like minded people.

"weldone people"
for bringing something to look at and discuss, we should really invite more of the current racers, be great if we had some really quick racer,tuners present, Mick what a brilliant peice of Fork/handling and to Rob.

what a great morning spending talking Bantam Racing.

just a brilliant day, these type of events enthus me with the hope that by inviting these Engineers, and spend as much time with them that they will deliver the type of information we need to not make those foolish ideas, as according to Trevor he has at some point tried everything that does not work "propabaly why his bantam "is" without question "the most powerful" and "fastest Bantam" - EVER.

regards to all from Derek Betts

Last edited by Derek on Wed Mar 27, 2013 11:43 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Edward Pickering

Edward Pickering

PostSubject: Re: midlands Centre   midlands Centre - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 27, 2013 8:51 am

midlands Centre - Page 4 2013_03_17_2926_zpsebe840b6

midlands Centre - Page 4 2013_03_17_2927_zps35aef012

midlands Centre - Page 4 2013_03_17_2928_zpsb2efa7a9

midlands Centre - Page 4 2013_03_17_2931_zpsfa43adcd

midlands Centre - Page 4 2013_03_17_2936_zps53380913
Back to top Go down
Derek

Derek

PostSubject: Re: midlands Centre   midlands Centre - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 27, 2013 11:29 am

Hi Ed

thanks mate:-
I could really make some funny comments, about these pictures, but im beginning to think i;m the only one who would find them funny, with my "midlander" sense of humour.

regds Derek
Back to top Go down
Trevor Amos

PostSubject: Re: midlands Centre   midlands Centre - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 28, 2013 4:00 am

Evening Derek .
Go ahead , after all the worst thing that could happen is that the rest of the guys will pop round one evening brandishing their Baseball bats !!
Joking apart , good pics there Ed , every one seems relaxed , but Nick and i seem a little preoccupied with something , great day though !

Regards , Trevor
Back to top Go down
Derek

Derek

PostSubject: Re: midlands Centre   midlands Centre - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 28, 2013 5:20 am

Hi Trevor - ! taken as it's intended. lol

anyway I know what you were takling about as - I cnan clearly be seen "ear'oling", and me in my famouse note book, writing all details, I miss nothing, but its a good job I have a good memory, I struggled with that cockney sotherners slang, but I forget nothing ! "now where did I put that coander"!!.

cheers Derek

Back to top Go down
nigel breeze

nigel breeze

PostSubject: Re: midlands Centre   midlands Centre - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 28, 2013 6:34 am

come on derek, you cant fool the rest of the sites viewing public for ever... you were in charge of collecting the "how many sugars in your tea mate"?........and photographic proof to boot cheers tongue
Back to top Go down
nigel breeze

nigel breeze

PostSubject: Re: midlands Centre   midlands Centre - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 28, 2013 7:34 am

[img]midlands Centre - Page 4 Wigfli14[/img]
Back to top Go down
Edward Pickering

Edward Pickering

PostSubject: Re: midlands Centre   midlands Centre - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 30, 2013 6:37 am

Good Evening All,

While reading the topic "what are we doing this year and what are our targets" i see the midlands meeting was mentioned, is anyone interested in doing one before the end of the season or would the prefer after?

I understand from the reading that Derek would like to organise the next one, is that correct?

Also a mention of Mike Powell hasnt been invited, my personal opinion is that it was great to have him at the first one and always answered the questions we gave him?

Kind Regards

Eddie
Back to top Go down
Derek

Derek

PostSubject: Re: midlands Centre   midlands Centre - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSat Aug 31, 2013 6:18 pm

Hi Ed still trying to catch up with you, are you racing that Bantam yet, mate you just got to get your finger out, and go for it.

Sadly the first venue for the first Bantam meeting was sold (thank goodness) to the KFC company, and now there is a drive through in place, not sure they would appreciate us turning up, but I could ask, and McDonald's allow Bike meeting so why not. may be a bit far for trevor though, !.

I agree anyone is welcome to come, but it is nice to be invited we always invite Trevor because we want him there, I feel, you always know your welcome when someone invites you. !!!.

Derek
Back to top Go down
Edward Pickering

Edward Pickering

PostSubject: Re: midlands Centre   midlands Centre - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 04, 2013 5:33 am

Hi Derek,

Well im sure if there is enough interest then a venue could be found that's suitable.

Kind Regards

Eddie.
Back to top Go down
Derek

Derek

PostSubject: Re: midlands Centre   midlands Centre - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 04, 2013 4:43 pm

Hi Ed ok perhaps we could meet at a motorway service area M5 south Bristol seems to be a good location to do this, and available for some of the London Boys to attend as at the end of the M4. be close for Trevor, and a few more from the south perhaps only an hour from us too.
Back to top Go down
Edward Pickering

Edward Pickering

PostSubject: Re: midlands Centre   midlands Centre - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 02, 2013 7:49 am

Now that the season is over we can start to look at this properly with regards to a meeting place and dates.

Kind Regards

Eddie
Back to top Go down
Edward Pickering

Edward Pickering

PostSubject: Re: midlands Centre   midlands Centre - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 04, 2013 4:25 am

Good Evening All,

Starting to look into doing another Midlands meeting. Would people prefer to have it on a Saturday or Sunday?

Kind Regards

Eddie
Back to top Go down
mjpowell

mjpowell

Number of posts : 1074
Registration date : 2006-12-09

PostSubject: Re: midlands Centre   midlands Centre - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Nov 05, 2013 5:13 am

Sunday is best for me Ed ..but depends where?

Cheers Mike
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: midlands Centre   midlands Centre - Page 4 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

midlands Centre
Page 4 of 7Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next