BSA Bantam Racing

Bantam Racing Club

HomeHome  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  Log in  

Share | 

Getting Started

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Pete Tuke

Number of posts : 33
Registration date : 2012-01-07

PostSubject: Getting Started   Wed Feb 08, 2012 12:47 am

After years of day dreaming and putting off. Kids, marriage, work commitments and all the usual excuses for not doing anything.

Thats it - I've decided I am going to build myself a racer and hopefully have a go.
I have printed off plenty of the wonderful info available on these little gems (dont tell my boss).
I will be visiting a few of your 2012 meetings and introduce myself.

Would any one mind me taking a few pics of their bikes ? to base my creation on.

Couple of burning (silly) questions I have are :
Much of the engine set up info is based on RPM, do you run rev counters, if so how is 1 installed.
I was wondering about the bodywork, is this made to order or adapted from readily available race fairings.

Pete
Back to top Go down
View user profile
ted

Number of posts : 184
Registration date : 2007-08-23

PostSubject: Re: Getting Started   Thu Feb 09, 2012 8:21 pm

Hi like all questions about racing Bantams there is more than one answer. I use a Scitsu rev counter that gets its signal from a flexible wire taped to the HT lead, other makes are available. You can use one that gets a signal from the coil if you are going to be using coil ignition. Bodywork is up to you. I have used an old Bultaco fairing for a long time on one bike; on other Bantams I have had Yamaha TZ, Honda RS, and Aprilia. Seat and tanks have come from a wide variety of saucesí from Jimmy Jellcoat to Ken Inman (he has a van at most meetings). Do not forget all modern pump fuel eats fibreglass!!!!!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Rduesbury

Number of posts : 33
Registration date : 2011-11-09

PostSubject: Re: Getting Started   Thu Feb 16, 2012 10:30 am

Hi Pete,

I am just starting out and this will be my first season. There are lots of far more knowledgable people than me on here but I would be happy to help you with anything I can and you would be very welcome to take photos of my bike. Mine is a watercooled
125 cc. What do you think you will be going for, 125 or 175?

Rob
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Getting Started   

Back to top Go down

Getting Started
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1