BSA Bantam Racing
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
BSA Bantam Racing

Bantam Racing Club

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Raising the profile of Bantam Racing!

Go down 
+19
adam p
ROBBIE
Arthur175
mm_tribsa
175 Racer
Colin Oldham
joe93
Edward Pickering
Trevor Amos
alan
Shelley1605
ted
ted firby
undredseesee
mike redhead
Rduesbury
dansofield550
john bass
mjpowell
23 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
AuthorMessage
Rduesbury

Rduesbury

Number of posts : 33
Registration date : 2011-11-09

Raising the profile of Bantam Racing! - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Raising the profile of Bantam Racing!   Raising the profile of Bantam Racing! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Dec 01, 2012 10:14 am

One thing nobody has mentioned yet which could be good is videos of the racing that could be put on YouTube. There are already bits and bobs on there but would be great to see more!

Rob
Back to top Go down
Colin Oldham

Colin Oldham

Number of posts : 35
Registration date : 2011-09-01

PostSubject: Just a thought?   Raising the profile of Bantam Racing! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Dec 01, 2012 10:00 pm

How about a monthly feature on one of the riders and their bike IE favorite circuit and why, back ground of their riding history, some technical talk about the bike.
This could take the form of a question and answer format the same questions asked of a different rider/tuner/passed rider every month, finding out the top riders opinions would make good reading.
As a newcomer to the sport I know some of the history of the bantam, but I know nothing of the riders, I know that there are guys out now that have ridden in the TT and the Manx
But that is only because I have been told surely if people read this on the forum then they
May well think of coming to see for them self?
Back to top Go down
mjpowell

mjpowell

Number of posts : 1074
Registration date : 2006-12-09

PostSubject: Re: Raising the profile of Bantam Racing!   Raising the profile of Bantam Racing! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Dec 01, 2012 10:04 pm

Hi Joe , i've contacted Mid-Lincs section and they are going to fit me in to one of their club nights on a Wednesday.
I've told them i'm no public speaker but know about racing, bantams, and we could have an interesting evening. After this
I intend to do the same at East Yorkshire and Notts and Derby? Good one's for you to do (with Rob B or Michael) is Men of Kent (before Lydden) then Essex section.... Do you get the idea.... if we all do it we cover nearly the whole of England... but slowly slowly.

Rob do we need to call all 'you tube' clips 'bsa bantam racing' so they all end up together, i've got 3 clips but clled Three Sisters, Title3 and C of C race i think?
Back to top Go down
mike redhead

mike redhead

Number of posts : 90
Registration date : 2008-06-02

PostSubject: raising the profile of Bantam racing   Raising the profile of Bantam Racing! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 04, 2012 12:00 am

Good Afternoon Mike,

I will talk to Dave Edwards at Aintree see what they can offer as a group.

Regards,

Mike
Back to top Go down
alan
Admin
alan

Number of posts : 453
Registration date : 2006-12-01

PostSubject: Re: Raising the profile of Bantam Racing!   Raising the profile of Bantam Racing! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 05, 2012 7:30 pm

Hi All,
I attach a flier to the forum for all to copy in the first instance, and I should be able to get a permanent version on a page on the main web pages as soon as time allows over the weekend.
Raising the profile of Bantam Racing! - Page 3 BantamFlyer2

Last edited by alan on Mon Dec 10, 2012 5:14 am; edited 3 times in total
Back to top Go down
https://bsabantamracing.editboard.com
mjpowell

mjpowell

PostSubject: Re: Raising the profile of Bantam Racing!   Raising the profile of Bantam Racing! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 06, 2012 12:26 am

Hi Alan , there are some other pic's too - the good one of Nick and I a Lydden,
plus a gaggle of bantams at Snetterton. The ones for Newark (Jan) and Telford(Feb)
I think should have race dates on.. And arn't we - .com - now?

Ed have you done one yet?

Oh Alan need some A5 posters too for Telford

Cheers Mike
Back to top Go down
175 Racer

175 Racer

Registration date : 2012-06-29

PostSubject: Re: Raising the profile of Bantam Racing!   Raising the profile of Bantam Racing! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 06, 2012 2:34 am

All,

It would be good if we could also include the 2d barcode on all the flyers as well, if we are going to attract younger riders we need to adopt appropriate media :-)

If you have a smartphone, download a barcode reader app scan the image below and you can automatically go the the website cool eh !!

Raising the profile of Bantam Racing! - Page 3 Bantam10

James
Back to top Go down
mjpowell

mjpowell

PostSubject: Re: Raising the profile of Bantam Racing!   Raising the profile of Bantam Racing! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 06, 2012 10:55 pm

Dan can you post the pic of Nick and myself on here and the links?? of how to get the pic off the net...

Anyone who has a good bantam racing pic - post on here so we can use for poster/flyer

Cheers Mike

James - quite , i have no idea what you are talking about - but i'm a Luddite!!
Back to top Go down
dansofield550

dansofield550

Number of posts : 367
Registration date : 2011-10-23

PostSubject: Re: Raising the profile of Bantam Racing!   Raising the profile of Bantam Racing! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 07, 2012 12:06 am

Raising the profile of Bantam Racing! - Page 3 1450

i found it just using the google image search , found these today a very arty shelf indeed ! Raising the profile of Bantam Racing! - Page 3 PHOTO_15812892_29029_20570769_ap

Raising the profile of Bantam Racing! - Page 3 2499284163_8cddd6c480_o
Back to top Go down
alan
Admin
alan

PostSubject: Re: Raising the profile of Bantam Racing!   Raising the profile of Bantam Racing! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Dec 08, 2012 3:30 am

Check out updated previous version of the Flier
Cheers,
Alan
Back to top Go down
ted

ted

Number of posts : 184
Registration date : 2007-08-23

PostSubject: Raising the profile of Bantam Racing!   Raising the profile of Bantam Racing! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Dec 08, 2012 9:10 pm

I have sent an Email to MSV to see what can be worked out about displays at BSB rounds. I am in the process of getting a price on decals. I will welcome ideas and comments. I am thinking 75mm high letters in white, individual letters so they can be made to fit fairings better. I don’t know how many plan to go to 1000 bikes but I was working on a price for ten, BSA BANTAM stickers that will do 5 bikes. I think a Calibri font as it is easy to read. If anyone wants name stickers about 25-30 mm high I will get a price for them at same time. We may get a better price the more I can order.
Back to top Go down
mjpowell

mjpowell

PostSubject: Re: Raising the profile of Bantam Racing!   Raising the profile of Bantam Racing! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Dec 09, 2012 6:52 am

Alan i reckon one big pic is best, the one with Nick and i is well good i think,
unless anyone else can provide some more..

Good work Ted , Are BSB dates out yet at all ??

Regards Mike
Back to top Go down
john bass

john bass

Number of posts : 1748
Registration date : 2006-12-06

PostSubject: History repeating...   Raising the profile of Bantam Racing! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Dec 09, 2012 10:40 pm

I agree Mike -- you and Nick in the best action-still I have seen for years. Do it...

It is great to see the spirit is still here -- I am history so my voice means nothing but I add my vocal support.

Cheers!

I.B. Hazbean.

Last edited by john bass on Mon Dec 10, 2012 5:13 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
http://t-online.de
ted

ted

PostSubject: Raising the profile of Bantam Racing   Raising the profile of Bantam Racing! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Dec 09, 2012 10:56 pm

Yes Mike and none clash with BHR meetings if my memory is right (not that it always is)
Back to top Go down
alan
Admin
alan

PostSubject: Re: Raising the profile of Bantam Racing!   Raising the profile of Bantam Racing! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Dec 10, 2012 5:14 am

for comment?
Raising the profile of Bantam Racing! - Page 3 BantamFlyer2
Back to top Go down
mm_tribsa

mm_tribsa

Number of posts : 77
Registration date : 2008-03-12

PostSubject: Re: Raising the profile of Bantam Racing!   Raising the profile of Bantam Racing! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Dec 10, 2012 6:52 am

Flyer looks great but might also be useful to have details of any bikes currently for sale when you attend your club nights and shows/festivals etc. Lets face it not everyone will be a potential 'builder' and might see a current bike as an easier entry point.
Back to top Go down
Arthur175

Number of posts : 20
Registration date : 2012-04-09

PostSubject: Re: Raising the profile of Bantam Racing!   Raising the profile of Bantam Racing! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Dec 10, 2012 9:01 am

Just read mm_tribsa’s post in which he says ‘ not everyone will be a potential ‘builder’ and might see a current bike as an easier entry point.

However, for those keen enthusiasts who may want to try the DIY route, could some of the folk who have recently build a bike consider writing up a ‘builder’s manual’ in simple language with photos (including details of any mods required i.e. how to fit Honda forks), to add to the technical info already available.

I know most of the ‘up to date’ ideas are scattered across the forum, but the effort of trying to find them may cause a keen would be builder to quickly loose interest, especially if he/she is not too technically minded and can not understand the techno speak in the earlier technical articles.

Just an idea.

Arthur
Back to top Go down
175 Racer

175 Racer

Registration date : 2012-06-29

PostSubject: Re: Raising the profile of Bantam Racing!   Raising the profile of Bantam Racing! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Dec 10, 2012 9:20 am

Hi,

I agree with Mike, we need better visibility of bikes for sale, I know Chris Bennion is selling but what else is available ??.

If I was starting again I would buy a bike and then build in the background whilst I learnt the circuits and how to ride a Bantam and wandered round the paddock to see what everyone else was doing.... besides Robbie changing his sprockets of course :-D

Its easy to underestimate the effort involved to complete a build, My second engine has been in development for about four years, to speed it up I have bought a complete bike to put it in when its ready.

If you buy a ready to run bike for say £1000 - £1500 and improve it you are pretty likely to get your money back when your build is finished.

James
Back to top Go down
mjpowell

mjpowell

PostSubject: Re: Raising the profile of Bantam Racing!   Raising the profile of Bantam Racing! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Dec 10, 2012 9:21 pm

Hi Alan can you post to main page so i can copy?

Back to top Go down
alan
Admin
alan

PostSubject: Re: Raising the profile of Bantam Racing!   Raising the profile of Bantam Racing! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 11, 2012 12:00 am

No Probs Mike will do.
You can copy immediately by hovering over the picture, right click, then "save image as" and place it somewhere you can find it easy (maybe better on the desk-top).
Have a go and I will upload on the main site tonight anyway.
Cheers,
Alan
Back to top Go down
mjpowell

mjpowell

PostSubject: Re: Raising the profile of Bantam Racing!   Raising the profile of Bantam Racing! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 11, 2012 2:01 am

and one that is the right size for A3 - that is 'one' large on A3 to use as a poster at the Newark Show 5/6th January...

Anyone free to go on the stand at Newark on Saturday 5th??
Back to top Go down
ted

ted

PostSubject: Re: Raising the profile of Bantam Racing!   Raising the profile of Bantam Racing! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Dec 23, 2012 11:27 pm

My logo man thinks 75mm to big and sugested 60mm they will only cost £2 each if I get ten (2 per bike) please let me know what you all think. They will have BSA BANTAM in one strip 60mm high, If there more wanted for leaving on your bike for the season also let me know.
Back to top Go down
mjpowell

mjpowell

PostSubject: Re: Raising the profile of Bantam Racing!   Raising the profile of Bantam Racing! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 08, 2013 7:53 am

Robbie(sat) and I(sun) attended the Winter Classic Show at Newark at the weekend and the bantam on display had lots of onlookers and folk asking plenty of questions etc . The flyers were nearly all gone by end of play on Sunday, thanks Alan. People always seem most amused by the fact that we still run 3 speed boxes and those who had seen us race how fast we are!!

While walking around with my 'Bantam Racing' sweatshirt on i had some people stopping me for bantam racing
related conversations - amazing....

Our next present at a show is the Telford Off-Road Show (not road bikes) with Rob Dewsburys Bantam on the
'BSA Bantam Club's stands. Also on the stand is Tony Jones championship winning and TT competing Bantam.

Alan can you produce a A3 size poster same as the flyer that we can print out?

Ted can you put me down for a set of stickers please, if not enough interest from others, no worries i'll make my own.

Regards Mike
Back to top Go down
ROBBIE

ROBBIE

Number of posts : 377
Registration date : 2006-12-25

PostSubject: Re: Raising the profile of Bantam Racing!   Raising the profile of Bantam Racing! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 08, 2013 8:57 am

Hi Ted can I have two sets of the stickers please
Back to top Go down
adam p

Number of posts : 63
Registration date : 2011-03-23

PostSubject: rasing the profile of bantam racing   Raising the profile of Bantam Racing! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 10, 2013 6:27 am

hi ted, could i have 2 sets please, best regards adam.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Raising the profile of Bantam Racing!   Raising the profile of Bantam Racing! - Page 3 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Raising the profile of Bantam Racing!
Page 3 of 6Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next