BSA Bantam Racing
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
BSA Bantam Racing

Bantam Racing Club

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Raising the profile of Bantam Racing!

Go down 
+19
adam p
ROBBIE
Arthur175
mm_tribsa
175 Racer
Colin Oldham
joe93
Edward Pickering
Trevor Amos
alan
Shelley1605
ted
ted firby
undredseesee
mike redhead
Rduesbury
dansofield550
john bass
mjpowell
23 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
AuthorMessage

Raising the profile of Bantam Racing! - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Raising the profile of Bantam Racing!   Raising the profile of Bantam Racing! - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSat Jan 12, 2013 4:08 am

can i get 2 sets please Ted
Back to top Go down
Edward Pickering

Edward Pickering

Number of posts : 739
Registration date : 2007-02-19

PostSubject: Re: Raising the profile of Bantam Racing!   Raising the profile of Bantam Racing! - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 14, 2013 1:53 am

Hi Ted,

Can I have two sets please.

Kind Regards

Eddie & Malcolm
Back to top Go down
ted

ted

Number of posts : 184
Registration date : 2007-08-23

PostSubject: Raising the profile of Bantam Racing!   Raising the profile of Bantam Racing! - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 18, 2013 10:31 pm

I now have the BSA BANTAM logos they are £2 a pair I have some white ones but can get them in other colours. If you are going to the BHR prize giving I will try to get them taken there.
Back to top Go down
dansofield550

dansofield550

Number of posts : 367
Registration date : 2011-10-23

PostSubject: Re: Raising the profile of Bantam Racing!   Raising the profile of Bantam Racing! - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 18, 2013 10:34 pm

hello ted i'd like a pair in red please ,i hope to be at the mallory test day if thats okay to collect pay etc? thanks dan
Back to top Go down
mike redhead

mike redhead

Number of posts : 90
Registration date : 2008-06-02

PostSubject: reply from Aintree motorcycle racing club   Raising the profile of Bantam Racing! - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSat Feb 09, 2013 2:44 am

Good Afternoon all,

Following on from the brainstorming on raising the profile of the club please see reply from Dave Edwards Sec at Aintree,

"The club would be delighted to put up a couple of races for ther Bantams providing you can get enough support.
Ideally we could fit you in at the June, July or August events. To run separate races we would need a dozen or more.
If not possible I could consider letting you out with the 250cc Classics & have separate awards for the first 3 Bantams.
There would be a reduced membership for the one event of £5 with an entry fee of £95 for the Bantam races only. If it was a separate
race then the lads would have the option to enter the 250cc Classic as well.
Let me know what you think"

I guess the ball is firmly back in our court.

Regards,

Mike
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Raising the profile of Bantam Racing!   Raising the profile of Bantam Racing! - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSat Feb 09, 2013 4:09 am

I'm in sure the old man would be as well so that's 2 a date not close to our own would be good, both got the dates to hand but say was early July would be good
Back to top Go down
ROBBIE

ROBBIE

Number of posts : 377
Registration date : 2006-12-25

PostSubject: Re: Raising the profile of Bantam Racing!   Raising the profile of Bantam Racing! - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSat Feb 09, 2013 7:12 am

Yes I am up for that and I am sure michael will be not sure about joe but dont forget 1000 bikes is in july and got a wedding plus lydden what about the august one or june

Smile ps just got home from up there. was at the hotel at antree last night
Back to top Go down
ROBBIE

ROBBIE

PostSubject: Re: Raising the profile of Bantam Racing!   Raising the profile of Bantam Racing! - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSat Feb 09, 2013 8:04 pm

Hi all just been on the Antree club site. and looked at the dates. I think the june date would be good which is the 15th of june we could do the 10th of august and donnington.on the way home on the sunday Wink think the 15th of june for the 3bees racing team would be able to do as for july I am doing the 1000 bikes and Joe will not be aloud anywhere near a bike jetski rollerskate or any thing he could fall off lol!
Back to top Go down
john bass

john bass

Number of posts : 1748
Registration date : 2006-12-06

PostSubject: !00 quid an entry.... WOW!   Raising the profile of Bantam Racing! - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun Feb 10, 2013 6:30 am

95 quid for entry and 5 ... for registration or whatever. Are you all millionaires?

Cheers!
Back to top Go down
http://t-online.de
mjpowell

mjpowell

Number of posts : 1074
Registration date : 2006-12-09

PostSubject: Re: Raising the profile of Bantam Racing!   Raising the profile of Bantam Racing! - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 11, 2013 8:35 am

Hi Mike

I can do August meeting other two clash with commitments one being 1000bikes...

anyone else?
Back to top Go down
mjpowell

mjpowell

PostSubject: Re: Raising the profile of Bantam Racing!   Raising the profile of Bantam Racing! - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 11, 2013 8:35 am

Hi Mike

I can do August meeting other two clash with commitments one being 1000bikes...

anyone else?
Back to top Go down
mjpowell

mjpowell

PostSubject: just to recap....   Raising the profile of Bantam Racing! - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun Feb 17, 2013 6:16 am

Since this post went up, lots of us have comented - most positive and plenty of idea's..
Ref my earlier post on pg4 I listed 9 things that were basically our ideas - but have we ran with them ? (yes, no, not yet)

Just to recap :-

1 Banner - ongoing

2 Flyers- Yes- can be downloaded from site and used at shows (Newark, Telford,Bristol) Also thanks to Mike Kilvert BSA Bantam Club.

3 Blogs- nothing?

4 Race Reports/ Articles / PRO - nothing.

5 PR5 road bantam parades - Bsa Bantam Club aware so - yes?

6 Presentations at VMCC sections - yes I'm off to Mid - Lincs pre Cadwell
Rob, Michael, Joe any news ref Kent, Essex sections? (Also see 7 perhaps
presentions of what we do to current bantam road users maybe more useful?)

7a Contacts with others - Bsa Bantam Club - Yes we are going to help each other particulatly at shows.. Going to get a couple of Racing Bantam at they National Rally in Yorkshire depending on date.

7b VMCC Ltd Ted whats the latest?

7c CRMC ?

7d Aintree - Yes (well done Mike R) but poor interest shown is it just 5?

8 BSB rounds which ones are viable Ted?

9 Festival of 1000 Bikes - I'm entered also else?

Regards Mike
Back to top Go down
Edward Pickering

Edward Pickering

Number of posts : 739
Registration date : 2007-02-19

PostSubject: Re: Raising the profile of Bantam Racing!   Raising the profile of Bantam Racing! - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun Feb 17, 2013 7:16 am

Good Evening All,

Dad is up for Aintree dependant on dates

Regards

Eddie
Back to top Go down
ROBBIE

ROBBIE

PostSubject: Re: Raising the profile of Bantam Racing!   Raising the profile of Bantam Racing! - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun Feb 17, 2013 7:46 am

Hi Mike I am doing 1000 bikes and up for aintree august
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Raising the profile of Bantam Racing!   Raising the profile of Bantam Racing! - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun Feb 17, 2013 9:23 am

Hi mike just need the pics and the sketch and will be do e the next day or so.

Ian
Back to top Go down
mike redhead

mike redhead

Number of posts : 90
Registration date : 2008-06-02

PostSubject: Re: Raising the profile of Bantam Racing!   Raising the profile of Bantam Racing! - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 18, 2013 10:20 pm

Good Morning,

I have posted my application for the 1000 bikes and will be available for all rounds at Aintree, If I can provide any information about Aintree, for anybody please post on here and I will do my best to provide information, I can confirm that they have a "healthy" Classic section, the August meeting also provides quite a few Manx competitors the last chance for a shakedown before the trip across the water, so always an interesting mix of machinery.

Regards,

Mike
Back to top Go down
ted

ted

PostSubject: Raising the profile of Bantam Racing!   Raising the profile of Bantam Racing! - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 25, 2013 12:43 am

I have emailed MSV a few times and not yet had a reply will try one more and then see if we can get some help from VMCC. HQ. I have my 1000 bikes entry as I understand Mick P has. I am still hoping to be at test day with BSA BANTNM stickers.
Back to top Go down
ted

ted

PostSubject: Raising the profile of Bantam Racing!   Raising the profile of Bantam Racing! - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 25, 2013 12:59 am

No JB we are not all millionaires, but we live in a real world and in that world it costs that amount to get to Aintree and back in a van. Then you have to buy race fuel, tyres, spare bits pay Robin for primary chains ,and then if you have any money left some beer. If you still have some money left after that you may decide to get some food. The only ways I know to become a millionaire motorcycle racer is to be V. Rossi or start as a mulit millionaire.
Back to top Go down
john bass

john bass

Number of posts : 1748
Registration date : 2006-12-06

PostSubject: Or rob a bank...   Raising the profile of Bantam Racing! - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 27, 2013 3:23 am

Thanks Ted,
It is frightening how money gets larger all the time and the worth of ownership gets smaller. Someone told me that, "... you have to brave to get through Old Age, it is a horror story that has to be got thro´... -- I think it is more likely that you have a bit of cash around you to be able to do the things (like Bantam racing) you want to participate in.
( Psst!! -- let me know how to successfully rob a bank??)
All the best Lad!
Cheers!
Back to top Go down
http://t-online.de
ted

ted

PostSubject: raising the profile of bantam racing   Raising the profile of Bantam Racing! - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 28, 2013 9:37 pm

Work for one JB.
Back to top Go down
mjpowell

mjpowell

PostSubject: Re: Raising the profile of Bantam Racing!   Raising the profile of Bantam Racing! - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 09, 2013 7:54 am

Hi I have not had a lot of time of late as very busy with other aspects of
my life but thoughts now return to racing and another crack at the
500 specials class on the Seeley G50 MklV and some outings on my
Bantams too.

Someone emailed me ref a Bantam Competition show at Reddich an idea
of the Midland folk. I think that is a really good thing, hope it happens. A
good contact is Mick Kilvert of the BSA Bantam club. If its open to road
bantams may bring a lot more people in? I've looked on the forum but can
not find anything about it.

As-well as Chris Bennions Bantam still being available, Martin Nash(s)
Extremely rapid air-cooled machine is new on the market too. There are
some details and pic's on facebook - bsa bantam racing.

Here's hoping for a season of close racing and plenty of excitement.

Regards Mike

PS John Bass - clue - big wheels?
Back to top Go down
mjpowell

mjpowell

PostSubject: Re: Raising the profile of Bantam Racing!   Raising the profile of Bantam Racing! - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 09, 2013 7:54 am

Hi I have not had a lot of time of late as very busy with other aspects of
my life but thoughts now return to racing and another crack at the
500 specials class on the Seeley G50 MklV and some outings on my
Bantams too.

Someone emailed me ref a Bantam Competition show at Reddich an idea
of the Midland folk. I think that is a really good thing, hope it happens. A
good contact is Mick Kilvert of the BSA Bantam club. If its open to road
bantams may bring a lot more people in? I've looked on the forum but can
not find anything about it.

As-well as Chris Bennions Bantam still being available, Martin Nash(s)
Extremely rapid air-cooled machine is new on the market too. There are
some details and pic's on facebook - bsa bantam racing.

Here's hoping for a season of close racing and plenty of excitement.

Regards Mike

PS John Bass - clue - big wheels?
Back to top Go down
Derek

Derek

Number of posts : 1065
Registration date : 2007-06-15

PostSubject: Re: Raising the profile of Bantam Racing!   Raising the profile of Bantam Racing! - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 11, 2013 2:24 am

The cellerbration of the BSA Bantam show, including competitions,- etc etc was my idea !

its certainly a way to rasie the Formula Bantam Profile and other Bantams.
What better way than to celebrate its birth/making / current exsistance, than at its own classic Bike show.

I needed an indication from enough interested to support such an event, unfortunalty there was a time limit to accept the venue offered, So I declined it, this is not to say it will not be offered again. I agree the idea "is brilliant" and now" now" now" is the time to do somthing like this, a great deal of interest could be created, for all forms of road Bike /scramblers/trials/sprinter /Formula racing Bantam.
Derek
Back to top Go down
Tim Cornish

Tim Cornish

Number of posts : 310
Registration date : 2009-04-16

PostSubject: Re: Raising the profile of Bantam Racing!   Raising the profile of Bantam Racing! - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSat Apr 20, 2013 6:50 am

Bit of a late one here but thought I might add that I've found most VMCC sections down in the South are very interested - I pop along to my local meetings every third Wednesday of the month and they always ask how the racing club/bikes are getting along, I had one man once a few meetings back come up to me and say he was thinking on tuning/racing one, but there wasn't much publicity about it.

On that note I'm more than happy to distribute a newsletter or something/whatever you have planned round the sections near me - they all seem very interested!

Tim
Back to top Go down
mjpowell

mjpowell

PostSubject: Festival of 1000 Bikes   Raising the profile of Bantam Racing! - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun Jun 09, 2013 9:57 pm

There are a few of us off to the Festival of 1000 Bikes this year and some of us are in
the BHR demo which is on track the same time (I think) as Past Masters session 1.

This year we have heard Howards comments ref people don't know we are on Bantams
and so big BSA BANTAM stickers have been obtained - we should be seen! Also have
your Festival number large on the bike (not normal race number), so any referring to
the programme will known its a BANTAM!!

Also can everybody download a stack of flyers from the site and take them too.

We need the flyers at race meetings too - lots of people interested at 3Sisters but if they
took a flyer they would have a point of contact ,the BSA Bantam Racing site.

Regards Mike

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Raising the profile of Bantam Racing!   Raising the profile of Bantam Racing! - Page 4 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Raising the profile of Bantam Racing!
Page 4 of 6Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next