BSA Bantam Racing
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
BSA Bantam Racing

Bantam Racing Club

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Not just maryjane and edam !

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Trevor Amos

Number of posts : 939
Registration date : 2010-08-13

Not just maryjane and edam ! Empty
PostSubject: Not just maryjane and edam !   Not just maryjane and edam ! Icon_minitimeTue Jan 08, 2013 4:19 am

I found this on a Dutch 50cc race site , i never fail to be amazed that some people can convey , in a few words , what would take the rest of us , a dozen A4s to produce !

Lap times........... All of that which is under the peak of the dyno curve !

Profound or what ?
Back to top Go down
john bass

john bass

Number of posts : 1748
Registration date : 2006-12-06

PostSubject: Maryjane & Edam,,,   Not just maryjane and edam ! Icon_minitimeTue Jan 08, 2013 5:11 am

Ja!

--- I agree!

Just came accross a piece of profundity that you might like, which could apply to Bantam racers of the sixties - 70s´ era where
"spies" -- the like of Wobbleyman -- were seen wandering the Pits with vernier under the cap(e) . I remember an instance of
Mick Scutt cleaning up a piston scuff and Colin measuring the ports in the barrel -- out of Mick´s line of sight!

Here it is:
"They copied all they could follow --- but they could not copy my mind. -- And I left `em sweating and a´stealing --- A year and a half behind. "
Rudyard Kiplíng.

It is wonderful to see that so much info... is freely given on here these days.

CheerS!

Last edited by john bass on Sat Jan 12, 2013 3:41 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
http://t-online.de
john bass

john bass

PostSubject: Oh Lonesome We...   Not just maryjane and edam ! Icon_minitimeSat Jan 12, 2013 3:40 am

We seem to be alone on this Trevor!

Cheers!
Back to top Go down
Trevor Amos

Number of posts : 939
Registration date : 2010-08-13

PostSubject: Re: Not just maryjane and edam !   Not just maryjane and edam ! Icon_minitimeMon Jan 14, 2013 12:04 am

I fear that you are correct John , we are indeed alone on this , again !
The shame is that there is so much good information and assistence available here on the Forum , but no one seems to want to access it , and that is a bit of a puzzle
it just needs people to ask , that will cost nothing and could be so rewarding ?

I can just see " Wobblyman " skulking around , scavenging from the misfortune of others , with furtive , over the shoulder glances , but i have to say that whenever i tried that , all i ended with was an exercise in what not to do , lessons won the hard way !

I love the Kipling quote , that could be slipped , intact , into almost any modern engine developement scenario and be bang on the money , many thanks for that .

New Year greetings to you , regards Trevor .
Back to top Go down
john bass

john bass

PostSubject: You are welcome!   Not just maryjane and edam ! Icon_minitimeMon Jan 14, 2013 5:11 am

As PoW Charles would say, "You are welcome!"

A lot of people couldn´t abide The Wobblyeman but I thought he was wonderful -- he put a lot back into the sport when he sponsored several road runners -- at least a dozen to my knowledge, and gave son Slick a big boost -- along with Jimmy Wells, of course ...

Without `The Wobbleymen´ the sport would flounder.

All under the bridge now but not forgotten....

You too -- have a good one...!

Cheers!

JayBee.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Not just maryjane and edam !   Not just maryjane and edam ! Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Not just maryjane and edam !
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
BSA Bantam Racing :: Your first category :: Bantam Racing Forum-
Jump to: