BSA Bantam Racing
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
BSA Bantam Racing

Bantam Racing Club

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

porous aluminium weld

Go down 
+5
ptibbitt125
ROBBIE
dansofield550
mm_tribsa
les2012
9 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3
AuthorMessage
Trevor Amos

Number of posts : 939
Registration date : 2010-08-13

porous aluminium weld - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: porous aluminium weld   porous aluminium weld - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 30, 2016 8:57 pm

Morning Nigel, so the bike is on the cusp of completion and is perhaps the prettiest Bantam special I have ever seen, many congratulations. It has been a long time in it`s creation and with many daunting set-backs along the way, a lesser person would have given up, but we are all glad you persevered, the results of your creative, engineering mind are a thing of beauty and the engine concept has a touch of genius lurking there!

Terrific stuff, and have a rewarding 2017.

Best wishes, Trevor
Back to top Go down
nigel breeze

nigel breeze

Number of posts : 358
Registration date : 2007-12-23

PostSubject: Re: porous aluminium weld   porous aluminium weld - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Dec 31, 2016 7:19 am

im just hoping that ill be able to use it in some capacity this year Trevor. if id been more careful with the the build it would have been ready for the dyno.. i did an initial pressure test of the outer crankcases where the most trouble seemed to be as it was easier to do. had i of done the inner crank and barrel pressure i would have found the problem long ago. never damaged a seal before....i will have a small taper on the shaft ground to ease it into the seal for peace of mind. ive been advised to use atf in the gearbox to help reduce any clutch slipping and did initially think that it had dissolved the gasket sealant between the gearbox and crankcase wall, but that was not the case. i really hate using gasket sealant but i also don’t like the flimsy thin engine half gaskets either . i have had a clutch cover gasket off Rex which is of good quality.. perhaps he does something better for the engine half cases as well. A friend of mine offered me use of a tube of loctite 518 (£100 quid a tube) but i couldn’t accept as it hadn’t been opened lol!

all the best for the new year cheers drunken
Back to top Go down
http://leginezeerb@hotmail.co.uk
nigel breeze

nigel breeze

Number of posts : 358
Registration date : 2007-12-23

PostSubject: Re: porous aluminium weld   porous aluminium weld - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Dec 31, 2016 8:27 am

Looks like im dreaming about crankcase gaskets afterall lol!
Back to top Go down
http://leginezeerb@hotmail.co.uk
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: porous aluminium weld   porous aluminium weld - Page 3 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

porous aluminium weld
Page 3 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3