BSA Bantam Racing
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
BSA Bantam Racing

Bantam Racing Club

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

No Bantams only old bikers' banter

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Jimmie

Number of posts : 166
Registration date : 2011-07-25

No Bantams only old bikers' banter Empty
PostSubject: No Bantams only old bikers' banter   No Bantams only old bikers' banter Icon_minitimeFri Jul 15, 2016 7:03 am

Starts about 11.50 minutes in. Hope JB enjoys it.

http://www.irishtv.ie/kilkenny-matters-98
Back to top Go down
John Colter

Number of posts : 128
Registration date : 2014-10-23

PostSubject: Re: No Bantams only old bikers' banter   No Bantams only old bikers' banter Icon_minitimeSat Jul 16, 2016 9:15 pm

Well, for sure I enjoyed it. Makes me feel like getting a vintage bike - I must be getting old!
Back to top Go down
john bass

john bass

Number of posts : 1748
Registration date : 2006-12-06

PostSubject: Thank you Jimmie ...   No Bantams only old bikers' banter Icon_minitimeFri Jul 22, 2016 4:33 am

Thank you Jimmie.

I could only get the adverts and not the video. Its because this computer is the paraffin powered type being upgraded from Windows 94 -- through several upgrades -- to Windows XP. People keep telling me that I must get Windows 7 or even Windows 10 but I stopped being a MUST DO THIS OR THAT person sfter leaving the army 66 years ago .... Nuff said!

Thinking of Ireland has fond memories of Son Slick, in Ireland, when working for Catrol Honda he was sent to Joey Dunlop´s pub to prepare Joey´s bikes for that year´s TT. Slick reckons there were kids everywhere and he had to have eyes in his back relative his tools. Not that they nicked them -- they kept burying them in bits of overgrown garden and flower boxes around the place. One child was only three and Slick caught him burying several sockets from Slick´s expensive socket spanner set. The nipper reckoned Slick shouldn´t get uptight cos he´d been told they´d grow into more and bigger spanners!

We guessed who had told the nipper that....

Pity Joey had to go too soon.

Cheers!

JayBee....

Back to top Go down
http://t-online.de
john bass

john bass

PostSubject: Young Tangozulu asked....   No Bantams only old bikers' banter Icon_minitimeSat Aug 27, 2016 4:38 am

Had a fantastic piece of rhetoric, in an e-Mail from Tangozulu (Keith Webb) today and gave him a rollicking for not including it on here. Neglercting the BRC -- take him away ...

The contributions on this site are getting scarcer and scarcer ....

Warning to newcomers -- because you have beaten a  few newcomers yourself don´t  go thinking  that means you  can assume they are all there to be beaten --  there´s always a surprise packet out there.  

In my darker files I have a picture of Keith looking very handsome with a wild mop of hair that made me considerably envious because although my  bald, egg head made me look like I might have a largish and active brain I always thought it hindered my success in  the Real  HUNT... as it were.

When I first heard his name I was hopping mad at  him. That was because I had  fallen off at Lydden on that sharp left-hander where I had tried to pass him. I had studied the entries and according to how well I had done -- in Intermediate Races previously there was no real competition among the names for that particular Intermediate race. I made a good start, passed two in the first right hander and there was this upstart stranger in front, in first place. Can´t have that so I  left the braking too late and only got a quick glance at his back wheel and I was skating on my back into a marshal...

Back in the pits I  asked The Wobbleyman who it was and he said, "Keith Webb. He is hot stuff." I don´t think Keith and I were ever more than on "Weather´s rough ain´t it..." and nodding terms -- although he might well have bought me a beer at one of of Eastern Centrer gatherings -- and it was not until the 2005 Styles anniversary meeting at Lydden that I got into real conversation with Keith. Whilst he was engrossed in the racing I was nicking his potato chips and being friendly. He reckoned we could never have gone that fast as the Bantams were that 2005 day.... Point was about our personal duel (that never got going anyway)  was that he was concentrating so hard on the race he never realised I was even in it much less trying to jam myself up his exghaust pipe.

No. it was not that which Keith was on about. He asked me the secret of eternal youth... As if I should know.
as I I should KNOW. I have aches and pains and walk slower than I used to and keep telling myself I am not old nor getting old. My Eye doctor said that if I didn´t feel aches and pains inthe morning I´d know i was dead. My GP said my hemmoglobins in the blood were  of the order of a man 2 decades younger but I think he said that  because I told him about my Mum dying of Leukemia. He (my GP) went to Cornwall for his holidays and we had some wonderful chats about that wonderful county but he didn´t part with any `Keeping Yourself Young secrets.´

I assumed everyone of my age suffers from the same Growing-Old Pains and I cannot explain why I get a wee bit excited when the women show a bit more bare body than is necessary for the particular occasion. It was like that the  other day when the GP´s assistant gave me a tetanus shot `-- she had a rather lower than necessary blouse and her bra didn´t fit all that well. . She got hold of my arm and told me to relax and I said couldn´t with her so close and breathing hotly onto my arm ... She blushed and went a bit odd at that....

When I came out of the Injections Room wife Irmgard wanted to Know what all the laughing was about. I just couldn´t remember laughing -- I mean what was there to laugh about? ...

I really don´t know....

Cheers!

JayBee for John-Boy.....
Back to top Go down
john bass

john bass

PostSubject: Especially for Tangozulu...   No Bantams only old bikers' banter Icon_minitimeMon Aug 29, 2016 4:27 am

Specially for Tangozulu...

Concerning the question of OLD AGE...

Just to let you know, Keith -- I am learning to play the harp --

-- in case a mistake is made, you-know-where ....

Cheers!

JayBee -- just had my bedtime Horlicks and feel so much younger....
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: No Bantams only old bikers' banter   No Bantams only old bikers' banter Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

No Bantams only old bikers' banter
Page 1 of 1