BSA Bantam Racing
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
BSA Bantam Racing

Bantam Racing Club

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Bantam Engine

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Trevor Amos

Number of posts : 939
Registration date : 2010-08-13

Bantam Engine Empty
PostSubject: Bantam Engine   Bantam Engine Icon_minitimeSun Jul 10, 2022 12:28 am

Bantam Engine

For a little while now I have been thinking of selling my Water cooled, reed valve engine. It sits in a spare bedroom at home doing little and really needs to be back on the track which is what it was designed to do. I have at present no ambition to be actively involved in racing in any hands on capacity and acute health conditions leave me no time available to do so.
If you may be interested in acquiring this engine message me in the first instance with your email address and we can take it from there, but be aware I will not be “giving” it away.

I have been contacted by a fellow Bantam racer who, rather sadly in his words is “hanging up his boots” in despair at ever increasing costs and diminishing disposable income, asked if the engine in question is the one Mark Carkeek and Steve Hall raced so successfully. On the basis that one query suggests there may be others, I can confirm that the engine offered here is the real deal conceived and constructed by me and not a hack knocked together just to make a few quid. The engine has had a lot of incremental upgrades, such as a 25sq/mm increase in B transfer port area, so now has a far better power delivery than the original design spec. There is a lot of detail on the forum illustrating some of the initial concept and design features, could be worth a search?

Cheers Trevor
Back to top Go down
alan
Admin
alan

Number of posts : 453
Registration date : 2006-12-01

Bantam Engine Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bantam Engine   Bantam Engine Icon_minitimeSat Oct 22, 2022 2:21 am

Hi Trevor, do you still have the Carkeek engine for sale?
Alan
Back to top Go down
https://bsabantamracing.editboard.com
Trevor Amos

Bantam Engine Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bantam Engine   Bantam Engine Icon_minitimeMon Oct 24, 2022 8:30 pm

Well, well, well, isn`t life full of surprises, hello Alan surely it must be what, 10 years since out last contact here on the Forum?

Unfortunately, there is no short or simple answer to your question, I have received one offer but the raising of sufficient funds on that might take a little while, perhaps reflecting the increasingly difficult and costly times we now live in. Expenditure must now be spread thinly. Rather bizarrely I also had an enquiry to buy just the barrel and head assembly, offering rather a lot of money?

Are you interested then for yourself, I always regarded you latterly as a committed 175 man, or are you merely curious or even an acting agent for others?

Looking forward to hearing from you, Regards, Trevor
Back to top Go down
alan
Admin
alan

Bantam Engine Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bantam Engine   Bantam Engine Icon_minitimeMon Oct 24, 2022 9:17 pm

Hi Trevor,
Can you reply to my email at alanb@dalteema.co.uk and I can send private messages rather than on than on the forum
Cheers
Alan
Back to top Go down
alan
Admin
alan

Bantam Engine Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bantam Engine   Bantam Engine Icon_minitimeMon Oct 24, 2022 10:27 pm

Hi Trevor,
Curiously you think of me as a 175 man! I have never campaigned or built a 175! I preferred 125 as the tuning is of greater interest to me.
Still... get in touch when you can
Back to top Go down
Trevor Amos

Bantam Engine Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bantam Engine   Bantam Engine Icon_minitimeTue Oct 25, 2022 12:40 am

Oh dear, seems I owe you an apology Alan in suggesting you are or have been a 175 man, clearly my information was seriously lacking in accuracy. I always attempt to work with reality and not speculation, on this occasion I should have verified this matter personally, so sorry for that.

I do however share your view that the big engines present less of an interesting challenge. It might be of interest to you to learn that my next article to be posted here on the forum is an analysis of the transfer duct design and construction on the barrel of the engine we are discussing, up to about 1500 words so far!

Regards, Trevor

Just like waiting for a bus, you eventually see one and another comes straight after it, just had another enquiry about the engine, at this rate I can think about an auction.

Trevor
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Bantam Engine Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bantam Engine   Bantam Engine Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Bantam Engine
Page 1 of 1