BSA Bantam Racing
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
BSA Bantam Racing

Bantam Racing Club

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

primary chains

Go down 
+2
mikisprosen
ROBBIE
6 posters
AuthorMessage
ROBBIE

ROBBIE

Number of posts : 377
Registration date : 2006-12-25

primary chains Empty
PostSubject: primary chains   primary chains Icon_minitimeWed Jan 17, 2007 8:34 am

hi all yes its time for primary chains. should be about £7.50 each
I ran the same chain all year and still life in it yet. but why damage a engine for the price of a chain. mikes right two should do a season.
not heard of anyone breaking one yet affraid so let me know how many you want and will get them for the dinner dance.
Robbie
Back to top Go down
mikisprosen

mikisprosen

Number of posts : 14
Registration date : 2006-12-14

primary chains Empty
PostSubject: Re: primary chains   primary chains Icon_minitimeMon Jan 22, 2007 9:18 am

Hi Robbie, Miki here. Me and Phil would like two chains each please. See you at the dinner dance. Thanks, Miki.
Back to top Go down
johnSbantam

johnSbantam

Number of posts : 259
Registration date : 2006-12-01

primary chains Empty
PostSubject: Re: primary chains   primary chains Icon_minitimeMon Jan 22, 2007 8:00 pm

What brand of chains do you use/ get ?
Back to top Go down
SteveF

SteveF

Number of posts : 54
Registration date : 2006-12-04

primary chains Empty
PostSubject: Primary Chains   primary chains Icon_minitimeMon Jan 22, 2007 11:41 pm

Hi Robbie

Happy new year to you and Lou

I would like 3 Off please. I will collect them at Mallory in April. Send me your address via seperate email and I will post a cheque.

Thanks Robbie

Steve
Back to top Go down
ROBBIE

ROBBIE

Number of posts : 377
Registration date : 2006-12-25

primary chains Empty
PostSubject: Re: primary chains   primary chains Icon_minitimeTue Jan 23, 2007 6:27 am

HI all the chains are iwis chains beeen useing them for 4 seasons now not had one break .
miki see you at dinner dance
and steve mallory
Back to top Go down
ptibbitt125

ptibbitt125

Number of posts : 282
Registration date : 2006-12-04

primary chains Empty
PostSubject: Re: primary chains   primary chains Icon_minitimeMon Jan 29, 2007 8:52 pm

Being traditionalists, Aidan & I use Renold 110038. We buy it in 25ft lengths, and do the rivetting ourselves (Type 106?) links. BSL are nationwide stockists.

Incidentally, when at Uni, one day Renolds had a big sales van parked up outside the Mech Eng lab. One of the "reps" became very interested when I said I raced Bantams. He turned out to be Vic Doyle! and went on to tell me how to maximise the durability of the bantam primary chain, if we were wearing them out too quickly.

He said the links "articulated" rapidly when leaving the smaller sprocket, and if we were to position some guide plates (either surface hardened steel, or hard nitrile rubber) above and below the chain run, this would eradicate this form of wear.

Despite nearly 24 bhp at the rear wheel I have never had to resort to this. I change them when they get to about 200 or 300 miles.
Back to top Go down
alan
Admin
alan

Number of posts : 453
Registration date : 2006-12-01

primary chains Empty
PostSubject: Primary Chains For Robbie   primary chains Icon_minitimeWed Jan 31, 2007 8:28 am

Hi Robbie,
Can you book me the usual two primary chains for the Dinner and Dance.
Cheers,
Alan
Back to top Go down
https://bsabantamracing.editboard.com
Sponsored content

primary chains Empty
PostSubject: Re: primary chains   primary chains Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

primary chains
Page 1 of 1