BSA Bantam Racing
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
BSA Bantam Racing

Bantam Racing Club

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Lauchbury,BF cockerels,Shuttleworth etc

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
mjpowell

mjpowell

Number of posts : 1074
Registration date : 2006-12-09

Lauchbury,BF cockerels,Shuttleworth etc Empty
PostSubject: Lauchbury,BF cockerels,Shuttleworth etc   Lauchbury,BF cockerels,Shuttleworth etc Icon_minitimeSun Nov 23, 2008 4:52 am

At the BHR AGM two proposals were made and passed these directly effect our trophy races that we have, generally at Anglesey Lydden and Cadwell. In short these races will go up in price to reflect the true cost of track time i.e. we won't get them at £10 anymore(committee will set a new price at new meeting) If anyone wants to come to the next meeting its the first Wednesday in December phone me for details 07855004764. Also these races will be run at the end of the meeting - time permitting which is a bit off-putting. Because these proposals were passed at an AGM they can only be 'turned-over' at the next AGM. Going on numbers present at this years AGM we need another 70 bantam racers present and voting for this to happen ? So we can saftely say that it will never happen!!

Options 1 Go with it as it stands - i think we will be fitted in another race(like Ducatis this year) But please enter because if you think I won't risk it - our grid will shrink and we won't have the offer (chance) more than normal 2 races a day.
Option 2 Fit our Trophy race in at a weekend in place of a championship race i.e. 3 championship races 1 trophy race (approx)
Option 3 Elect a championship race to also be the 'Shuttleworth' (the drawback may be that the current fast man/men may not rest their bike or borrow someone else's for a laugh!) Also Everyone needs to source an air-cooled bike for the Lauchbury?? And the Tom Handicap race ???
Option 4 Any sensible ideas.... Option 5 We don't bother with them ??

I think Option 1 is best ...

MIke

PS Thanks to Tom,Brian, Pete, Alan, Robbie, Michael, Steve and Steve for attending the AGM
Back to top Go down
alan
Admin
alan

Number of posts : 453
Registration date : 2006-12-01

PostSubject: special races   Lauchbury,BF cockerels,Shuttleworth etc Icon_minitimeMon Nov 24, 2008 6:03 am

Hi All,
I agree pretty much with Mike, unfortunately we are out voted as we are in a minority in the BHR, but to keep the interest in bantams we need as much as we can get in terms of races to make the class as attractive as possible. I believe that Mikes option 1 will end up being the norm until something else changes such as a larger number of bantams hit the grids.
I will attempt to go to the meeting to see what help/voice/opinion can be given to see that we are not pushed out any further, and we can keep the special races as much as possible, and of course to help keep the costs down where ever possible.
Mike, I will ring as soon as able...
Regards,
Alan
Back to top Go down
https://bsabantamracing.editboard.com
Chuckit

Chuckit

Number of posts : 33
Registration date : 2008-06-28

PostSubject: Re: Lauchbury,BF cockerels,Shuttleworth etc   Lauchbury,BF cockerels,Shuttleworth etc Icon_minitimeMon Nov 24, 2008 8:59 pm

Hi,

It was certainly an education to be at the AGM and no mistake!

I was very disappointed that the members voted to make the price of the races proportional to the track time even though they had already passed the rule to only run the races last and only if there is time.

If we use option 1 and the races are fitted into the Ducati event, where does that leave someone who has entered the Ducati race and the trophy race?

Unfortunately this leaves us in a situation where we have to pay the going rate but only maybe get to race. Surely we would do better to enter the 250 or Velo race so we know where we stand?

Does the club give us credit if the races are not run?

Steve
Back to top Go down
ptibbitt125

ptibbitt125

Number of posts : 282
Registration date : 2006-12-04

PostSubject: Options   Lauchbury,BF cockerels,Shuttleworth etc Icon_minitimeSat Nov 29, 2008 2:38 am

Option 1 will be OK if enough enter, its doesnt cost too much and they run the race. More likely to run it if they can mix it with the ducati's. If left to the end of the meeting , not likely to be run.

Option 2 guarantees plenty of entries (no on cost for a 2 day meeting), but less champioship points scoring opportunities. Good for thiose on a tight budget.

I'm happy with 1. Lets see how it goes.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Lauchbury,BF cockerels,Shuttleworth etc   Lauchbury,BF cockerels,Shuttleworth etc Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Lauchbury,BF cockerels,Shuttleworth etc
Page 1 of 1