BSA Bantam Racing
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
BSA Bantam Racing

Bantam Racing Club

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Close Ratio Layshaft gears

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
alan
Admin
alan

Number of posts : 453
Registration date : 2006-12-01

Close Ratio Layshaft gears Empty
PostSubject: Close Ratio Layshaft gears   Close Ratio Layshaft gears Icon_minitimeMon Feb 08, 2010 10:05 pm

Hi All racers new and old (Aren't we all old?),
I have found a contact to make lay-shaft sliding gears (the ones with the rounded dogs) and believe it will be reasonably priced, once I have seen and checked one out and proven them to be OK, then I will offer them out to anyone who needs one.
The tendency is for the inner dogs to get rather rounded off and then jump out of second, rather than the round peg shaped dogs giving trouble. So a nice tidy one just has to be an improvement. Let me know of any interest but you will need to wait until I have fully tested them out.
Cheers,
Alan
Back to top Go down
https://bsabantamracing.editboard.com
mjpowell

mjpowell

Number of posts : 1074
Registration date : 2006-12-09

PostSubject: Re: Close Ratio Layshaft gears   Close Ratio Layshaft gears Icon_minitimeTue Feb 09, 2010 8:09 am

I'm interested alan - let me know how testing goes...
Back to top Go down
alan
Admin
alan

PostSubject: Re: Close Ratio Layshaft gears   Close Ratio Layshaft gears Icon_minitimeTue Feb 09, 2010 8:28 am

No Probs Mike,
Will do
Alan
Back to top Go down
mike redhead

mike redhead

Number of posts : 90
Registration date : 2008-06-02

PostSubject: Re layshaft gears   Close Ratio Layshaft gears Icon_minitimeThu Feb 11, 2010 1:51 am

Hi Alan,

Sorry I missed you the morning after the presentation, my phone had gone flat and I didnt take a charger with me ! I would certainly be interested in the layshafts.

On a completley different tack, unfortunatley I will have to give the karting a miss, work commitments and new task masters etc. I dont want to rock the boat and jepordise the forthcoming season.
Back to top Go down
South Oz Dave

Number of posts : 9
Registration date : 2009-10-19

PostSubject: Re: Close Ratio Layshaft gears   Close Ratio Layshaft gears Icon_minitimeSat Jun 12, 2010 9:31 pm

Absolutely interested. Please let me know when they are available.
Back to top Go down
ted

ted

Number of posts : 184
Registration date : 2007-08-23

PostSubject: Re: Close Ratio Layshaft gears   Close Ratio Layshaft gears Icon_minitimeThu Jul 01, 2010 8:47 am

Hi allan have you spoken to brian white as he has come up with a way of using standard road parts to replace the special CR gears. it dose inclued some machining but you end up with a better gaer engagement than with brand new close gears. The parts are cheap and plentyfull at auto jumbles. a lot have been used and are still in use. Any new motor I will build will most likely have this conversion.
Back to top Go down
alan
Admin
alan

PostSubject: Re: Close Ratio Layshaft gears   Close Ratio Layshaft gears Icon_minitimeThu Jul 01, 2010 6:29 pm

Hi Ted ,
No doubt I will speak to you on this a Lydden, but I am still awaiting the test of the modified layshaft slider, but can not see why it shouldn't be rock solid. I am always wary with new mods so I test carefully!
Should have some results by Lydden if all goes well.
I know of the BTW gearbox mods, but not in detail.
See you all at Lydden
Cheers
Alan
Back to top Go down
mjpowell

mjpowell

Number of posts : 1074
Registration date : 2006-12-09

PostSubject: Re: Close Ratio Layshaft gears   Close Ratio Layshaft gears Icon_minitimeTue Jul 13, 2010 7:22 am

Any early results from gear testing Alan? Any chance of any main shaft sliders in the future??
Back to top Go down
alan
Admin
alan

PostSubject: Re: Close Ratio Layshaft gears   Close Ratio Layshaft gears Icon_minitimeTue Jul 13, 2010 7:35 am

Hi All,
The sliders are only just about to go into testing, but must say thaey look as if they are the biz! but I dare not put any out generally if they are not up to the job, hold fire a bit longer! I will know more after Lydden!
Cheers
Alan
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Close Ratio Layshaft gears   Close Ratio Layshaft gears Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Close Ratio Layshaft gears
Page 1 of 1