BSA Bantam Racing
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
BSA Bantam Racing

Bantam Racing Club

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Fastest Laps

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage

Fastest Laps Empty
PostSubject: Fastest Laps   Fastest Laps Icon_minitimeThu Apr 21, 2011 11:57 pm

In the grand debate of wether Bantams are getting quicker I thought it might be interesting to report the fastest lap (ever) for a 125 and 175 Bantam and then the best laps from the meeting.

As far as I could see for Mallory to date these are ;

Ian SCUTT BSA Bantam 125 Time 1:08.62 MPH 70.82 - 2009
Robbie BROWN BSA Bantam 183 Time 1:12.36 MPH 69.15 - 2008

Anyone know of a faster lap in a Mallory Bantam Championship race ?

James
Back to top Go down
mjpowell

mjpowell

Number of posts : 1074
Registration date : 2006-12-09

Fastest Laps Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fastest Laps   Fastest Laps Icon_minitimeFri Apr 22, 2011 1:25 am

Hi James, are they from last years programmes?
125 Look right to me,
but 175s Snowie did a 1m11:35 - 13/04/09

There have of course been faster bantam laps set in the Champion of Champions races..... Smile
Back to top Go down

Fastest Laps Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fastest Laps   Fastest Laps Icon_minitimeFri Apr 22, 2011 8:35 am

mjpowell wrote:
Hi James, are they from last years programmes?
125 Look right to me,
but 175s Snowie did a 1m11:35 - 13/04/09

There have of course been faster bantam laps set in the Champion of Champions races..... Smile

Mike,

Just pulled of the timing sheets I had to hand

James
Back to top Go down
Derek

Derek

Number of posts : 1065
Registration date : 2007-06-15

Fastest Laps Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fastest Laps   Fastest Laps Icon_minitimeFri Apr 22, 2011 11:06 pm

hi guys look at the last time Mark Carkeek rode at mallory he won by over, half a lap prity sure circuit was as it is today.

from sunny Cornwall " joes internet cafe"

regds Derek
Back to top Go down

Fastest Laps Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fastest Laps   Fastest Laps Icon_minitimeTue Apr 26, 2011 11:34 pm

So..... post event, we have new fastest laps for both classes;

Ian SCUTT BSA Bantam 125 Time 1:08.25 MPH 73.32
Tom Snow BSA Bantam 175 Time 1:08.57 MPH 72.98

Conclusion : They are getting quicker cheers

Anyone have the fastest lap times for Pembrey ????

James
Back to top Go down
mjpowell

mjpowell

Fastest Laps Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fastest Laps   Fastest Laps Icon_minitimeWed Apr 27, 2011 5:39 am

Pembrey lap record for a 125 in a bantam race is:-

Mike Powell 1m12.83secs = 71.97mph Set 2006

and a 175...

Phil Betty 1m 20.86 also 2006

(info from last years programme and website fastest lap info)
Back to top Go down
Derek

Derek

Fastest Laps Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fastest Laps   Fastest Laps Icon_minitimeThu Apr 28, 2011 5:56 am

for the record - I'm no Mark fan but sorry Mike just wanted to correct you on this,

Mark Carkeek was doing under 1.10 his fastest was 1.083' I'm sure on this Mike " Sleep
or do you want me to bore you with the proof details. !

but it was well before 2006. "I think your plying mind games and sand bagging --- "again" LOL Basketball .

this post got anything to do with the fact Pembrey is next ? "your the real deal - you Fox You"

kind regards Derek
Back to top Go down
mjpowell

mjpowell

Fastest Laps Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fastest Laps   Fastest Laps Icon_minitimeSun May 01, 2011 9:37 am

Derek bore me with the proof!! Whatever!! Trevor hasn't posted so I think the 1m 12.83 Bantam lap record is true and right - no bullshit!! Last year Ian Pete and I were doing 1.17s so looking forward to seeing if we can improve in May.....
Back to top Go down

Fastest Laps Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fastest Laps   Fastest Laps Icon_minitimeSun May 01, 2011 7:09 pm

For interest;

Pembrey 2010 best times

125 Bantam -Peter TIBBITTS 1:17.03
175 Bantam -Robbie BROWN 1:22.31

My best lap was in 2006 a 1:28:35 so have some work to do to get near the pace :-)

Derek,

See you scored you first points in 2010, at Pembrey with a sixth place , excellent result, (1:33.58), was that a PB lap for you ?

James
Back to top Go down
Derek

Derek

Fastest Laps Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fastest Laps   Fastest Laps Icon_minitimeMon May 02, 2011 9:42 pm

Oi James do you have it in for me or what" I am sensitive "you know" - but sorry you need to try harder this time, james I'm absolutly not going to bite this time" "sorry to disapoint you".

lap times Pembrey, I have been quite abit quicker than this round there, and beat most of the current racer at least once there. Every dog has its day, so forgive me 10 years is a long time off, and yes I agree my times are not quick, but james you have my assurance I'm getting quicker, and will be much quicker next time out "honest".

More importantly, I'm really enjoying my return, especially the racing, AND THE RELATIONS IN THE PADDOCK, never can remeber having this much fun. I have always enjoyed the shed bit more, and comming last is no issue for me.

As I know the bike is capable of going much, quicker, not sure I will be as quck as you"! and foresure I certainly have a lot to catch up with you "in the mounth department".

lol!

but james "it will not be long" I guarantee it. ! what I did notice was you were much quicker on the brakes than me, even with that beatiful disc you have. !

best regards Derek
Back to top Go down

Fastest Laps Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fastest Laps   Fastest Laps Icon_minitimeTue May 03, 2011 2:37 am

Derek,

On this occasion it was a genuine enquiry not a wind up. My knowledge of bantam racing is limited to the last five years or so, so I have no idea whether you have been to Pembrey before or not.

My first outing at Pembrey in 2005 and my first race finish I came 12th scoring 0 points under the old scoring system.

12 35 10 James COOK BSA Bantam 175 5 9:13.80 1 Lap 47.32 1:44.76 4 50.03

some 11 seconds slower than you last year. In total there were three riders outside your time in that race.

You are correct about the early braking at Mallory where I would normally use second I was over braking and using first rather than third and masses of clutch slip.

To ensure clarity and avoid misunderstandings in future , I will use placeholders thus ...

<WIND UP STARTS > Derek rhubarb rhubarb rhubarb <WIND UP ENDS >Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing

James

Back to top Go down
Trevor Amos

Number of posts : 939
Registration date : 2010-08-13

Fastest Laps Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fastest Laps   Fastest Laps Icon_minitimeTue May 03, 2011 10:07 pm

Hi, all,
I managed to contact Mark last night and reported on the comments being made on the forum in his name .
He had a good chuckle about all that , and also thought the half lap win at Mallory sounded about right .
Again, he sends his regards to all Bantam men , and wishes he was amongst you all on the grid , however , he felt it
could be a wasted gesture as the old Amos machine is bound to be out classed by now !
His parting shot ,was to point out to all you super fast chaps that his Lydden fastest lap speed , at 74.84 mph
exceeds that set at Mallory of 73.32 mph ! Does make you think though . Oh and do`nt forget , when the flag
drops the bullshit stops!
Back to top Go down
Derek

Derek

Fastest Laps Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fastest Laps   Fastest Laps Icon_minitimeThu May 05, 2011 1:06 pm

Hi Trevor

please stop winding everyone up - LOL

regards Derek
Back to top Go down
mjpowell

mjpowell

Fastest Laps Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fastest Laps   Fastest Laps Icon_minitimeSat May 07, 2011 6:46 am

I think if dry the 175 record will fall at Pembrey, not sure about 125 record as 125's were 4sec's adrift last year....

But racing was very close at the top at Mallory and assuming Ian has no problems and Pete is up to speed its possible.....

Back to top Go down
Derek

Derek

Fastest Laps Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fastest Laps   Fastest Laps Icon_minitimeSat May 07, 2011 10:05 pm

Can some one LOOK THIS UP " VMCC - I do not have the time to go into loft and dig this out but "if" my memory serves me,

I do rememebr Mike you were posting around 1.10's per lap, but Mark Carkeek was way out in front, infact half a lap infront and doing 1.08's, sure you know this "Mike" and your just sand bagging. -I'm sure we had this post discussion already ? .
Sleep
Regards Derek

Back to top Go down
Derek

Derek

Fastest Laps Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fastest Laps   Fastest Laps Icon_minitimeSat May 07, 2011 10:44 pm

Hi Trevor just reading through these topics again, actually this could be quite an interesting thread, do you think "if Mark had stayed up right more" or if the bike had been more reliable he would have won more championships. I have alwsay felt Mark was always the fastest Bantam racer I have come across, this includes any of the current crew, even with a slower bike he could win and a genuine nice guy too.

unfortunatly I do seem to remember Mark also fell off a lot, I can not ever remember Peter Tibbitt's falling off" while I'm sure he must have at some point in his career, I have never seen or heard of it, but he has won a lot more races and championships than Mark. I find this a good subject as, This must be a big topic with the japaneese factories, as when they pick rider s who is quick and reliable, I think they must base there decisions on he is qucik because he taks a lot of risks, and has a great big pair of go-nad's, however other who are just as quick but do not take as many risks but are more precise, in other words you are quick because you take risks, or your quick because you are very precise, one instance of this is Chris walker "stalker" quick because he is just takes risks and has a great big par of go'nads, but he got fired from every factory he went to, because he fell off to many times and cost then too much money. I feel the factories must prefer riders who are quick because they are very precise, so also fall off less, and win more races creating more publicity, its like the fastest motor cycle that did the fastest lap won a number of races but only finish 50% or the races, just like in F1.

"what do you think" comments from others ? anyone.

kind regards,
Derek
Back to top Go down
john bass

john bass

Number of posts : 1748
Registration date : 2006-12-06

Fastest Laps Empty
PostSubject: Factory riders...   Fastest Laps Icon_minitimeMon May 09, 2011 2:44 am

There´s also the "Fan Factor" with rider selection plus playing the "hate game".
When Slick was with Ducati/Carl Fogarty and Aaron Slight was with Castrol Honda the press had them hating each other´s guts. Carl had two pigs he was breeding with the names, "Aaron" & "Slight" and at that same time Slick was on the phone telling me that Carl, Aaron and he(Slick) had been trail-blazing together that free weekend.
At that level its public entertainment as well as racing.
Back to top Go down
http://t-online.de
john bass

john bass

Number of posts : 1748
Registration date : 2006-12-06

Fastest Laps Empty
PostSubject: Steve Hislop..   Fastest Laps Icon_minitimeMon May 09, 2011 3:06 am

I just remembered unlucky `Hizzy´
A comment of his was; "I set pole position and got a fax telling me I´d been sacked again."
He was with the Cadbury´s Boost Yamaha team in 1998 and Cadbury´s pulled out of sponsoring which might not be so bad for morale but in another team he
was on a cert for the following season when he was dropped from the team for a lesser rider...
The gallery can contribute to the star riders´ future but it is of course the race results that count -- well nearly always. Roger Marshall was a fantastic racer and amassed a hell of a lot of win and brilliant results yet he was suddenly not there... I often wondered why he ended up truck driving when he had been better than a lot who went onto to international stardom.
Back to top Go down
http://t-online.de
Derek

Derek

Fastest Laps Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fastest Laps   Fastest Laps Icon_minitimeMon May 09, 2011 8:12 am

hi john sorry no idea who "slick" is? also never heard of Aron or slight, who are these three, anyway if these guys are famous its a million miles from Bantam racing, so not sure what point your trying to make, anyway I know some famous people but prefer not to name drop, its a game show off's I think genuine people don't like it, they don't need to ?.

not sure what other point your trying to make john. ????????

kind regards Derek
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Fastest Laps Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fastest Laps   Fastest Laps Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Fastest Laps
Page 1 of 1