BSA Bantam Racing
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
BSA Bantam Racing

Bantam Racing Club

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Reed Valve 125s

Go down 
+3
mscutt
Derek
mjpowell
7 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3
AuthorMessage
john bass

john bass

Number of posts : 1748
Registration date : 2006-12-06

Reed Valve 125s - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: California too...   Reed Valve 125s - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Apr 29, 2012 4:24 am

We thought Chicago wonderful. Robert Bosch, Chicago were developing the pump & injectors for our V8 diesel in Montreal. We spent a lot of time visiting lake Michigan beaches ...

California too, Derek. Mostly with American military -- great fun, some wonderful people but the awful ones were really awful. Some good mechanics and some really awfully awful ones too.

But back to Bantams -- if that was your Bantam, the one displaying the Union Jack then it has an external flywheel -- which fact you never revealed when the subject was being discussed... Quite a thick and solid looking thing -- must be affecting the acceleration etc... etc... ???

Cheers!
Back to top Go down
http://t-online.de
Derek

Derek

Number of posts : 1065
Registration date : 2007-06-15

PostSubject: Re: Reed Valve 125s   Reed Valve 125s - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Apr 29, 2012 9:17 pm

Hi John lot of history in this one but here goes -

We do actually intend to get rid of the ignition flywheel,but perhapps for next year, I have tried it with my newset up but, I had a few isssues trying something eslethat allows me to get rid of the rotor.

regds Derek

Last edited by bettsd on Wed May 02, 2012 7:40 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
john bass

john bass

PostSubject: Yes...   Reed Valve 125s - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Apr 29, 2012 10:08 pm

Yes, Derek ... such memories can be vividly clear to last a lifetime -- mine too!

Cheers!
Back to top Go down
Edward Pickering

Edward Pickering

Number of posts : 739
Registration date : 2007-02-19

PostSubject: Re: Reed Valve 125s   Reed Valve 125s - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed May 02, 2012 1:04 am

Courtesy & Property Of Trevor Amos.

Reed Valve 125s - Page 3 Rsreed
Back to top Go down
Trevor Amos

Number of posts : 939
Registration date : 2010-08-13

PostSubject: Re: Reed Valve 125s   Reed Valve 125s - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed May 02, 2012 2:24 am

Well John ,
You did enquire as to what actually happened to reeds during running , so i did the above graph to illustrate both the bottom
end of a power band and the peak . When plotted against a conventional piston engine the differences are quite clear , as indeed
are the differences at the varying rpm levels . Bear in mind of course , that the piston port is symetrical , and constant , irrepective
of rpm demands and engine needs !

See what you think , have fun , Trevor
Back to top Go down
john bass

john bass

PostSubject: Thanks Trevor...   Reed Valve 125s - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed May 02, 2012 6:06 am

Thanks Trevor -- but it is still magic to me: the reeds flapping at speeds less than a quarter of 0.007 to a quarter of 0.0046 of a second. Phwew! That´s 1.8 to 2.3 times as fast as a Hummingbird flaps its wings.

Magic -- its magic I tellyer!!

Cheers!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Reed Valve 125s   Reed Valve 125s - Page 3 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Reed Valve 125s
Page 3 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3