BSA Bantam Racing
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
BSA Bantam Racing

Bantam Racing Club

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

race fees

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
H.C.DEAN

H.C.DEAN

Number of posts : 7
Registration date : 2012-11-23

race fees Empty
PostSubject: race fees   race fees Icon_minitimeMon Nov 26, 2012 11:38 am

hi i am currently planning to start racing and are adding up some costs... ie licence fee. race entry .insurance etc etc can anyone help with numbers thanks harry
Back to top Go down
ted

ted

Number of posts : 184
Registration date : 2007-08-23

race fees Empty
PostSubject: Race fees   race fees Icon_minitimeMon Nov 26, 2012 7:28 pm

Yes I can help you with the cost of starting racing. It's expensive always has been and always will be .BUT THE MOST FUN YOU WILL EVER HAVE AND WORTH EVERY POUND.Smiffy.
Back to top Go down
H.C.DEAN

H.C.DEAN

race fees Empty
PostSubject: Re: race fees   race fees Icon_minitimeMon Nov 26, 2012 8:17 pm

ted wrote:
Yes I can help you with the cost of starting racing. It's expensive always has been and always will be .BUT THE MOST FUN YOU WILL EVER HAVE AND WORTH EVERY POUND.Smiffy.

Could you please give me a fairly accurate idea of costs to attend a race meeting i.e. entry fees, insurances etc. Also will I need public liability insurance and if so what is a rough cost of this.

I understand it is an expensive sport, but knowing costs would help me a great deal.
Many thanks
Harry.

Back to top Go down
ted

ted

Number of posts : 184
Registration date : 2007-08-23

race fees Empty
PostSubject: race fees   race fees Icon_minitimeMon Nov 26, 2012 8:58 pm

I am not good at counting cost as it may frighten me, but I think entries for a two day meeting with two rides each day will cost £185. That is race entry and insurance, you will not need public liability insurance. The cost of getting to meetings will depend on where they are and where you live. You can put messages on this site to see if someone wants to share a van and costs. Your ACU licence will cost £43and you will need to attend a course (I think at Rugby) to get your first licence. You will need ACU approved Helmet, Leathers gloves boots and a dog tag with your name and date of birth on. I would recommend a back protector and leathers with body armour in (but I am old and do not bounce well). It will be good to see you at meetings having fun, Racing is like having children if you wait until you can afford it you don’t do it.
Back to top Go down
Rduesbury

Rduesbury

Number of posts : 33
Registration date : 2011-11-09

race fees Empty
PostSubject: Re: race fees   race fees Icon_minitimeTue Nov 27, 2012 7:50 am

They also run a course at darley moor race circuit, that's where I went. If you need any help or advice getting your licence just let me know. It's a little tricky the first time.
Rob
Back to top Go down
H.C.DEAN

H.C.DEAN

race fees Empty
PostSubject: Re: race fees   race fees Icon_minitimeTue Nov 27, 2012 7:53 am

Rduesbury wrote:
They also run a course at darley moor race circuit, that's where I went. If you need any help or advice getting your licence just let me know. It's a little tricky the first time.
Rob

oh rite great well i am doin the race lisence asap but if i have any trouble i will give ya a shout Smile
many thanks,
Harry
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

race fees Empty
PostSubject: Re: race fees   race fees Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

race fees
Page 1 of 1