BSA Bantam Racing
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
BSA Bantam Racing

Bantam Racing Club

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Nostalgia -- the whore of memory...

Go down 
AuthorMessage
john bass

john bass

Number of posts : 1748
Registration date : 2006-12-06

Nostalgia -- the whore of memory... Empty
PostSubject: Nostalgia -- the whore of memory...   Nostalgia -- the whore of memory... Icon_minitimeThu Feb 28, 2008 4:29 am

Hi Folks!
W. Shakespeare said that about nostalgia -- I feel the same but I reckon it´s alright to indulge in a bit now and again -- as long as it is not holding up race-bike-preparation.
Tried to reply to Mick Jones and failed here on the web (perhaps there´s a limit on what one contributor can say...?) so used his e-Mail instead.
It was to the effect that `anging-off -- àla Mick Jones DOES give the rider up to 40% Lever Advantage over his tyre patches.
(Someone ought to jump on that....?!)
One needs to be tall for that sort of acrobatic style shown in his avatar...
I´ll leave it at that, Mick knows the bit I´ve left out.
---- Since we both go for a bit of nostalgia this will be a tryout to see if there is any response.
---- It was 1967 when I first got to know about the Bantam Racing club and names bandied about were Mole Benn and others I couldn´t remember as being founders.
Fred Launchbury was seen at a couple of meetings with Bob Newby chasing him. Roy Bacon was Chairman.
-- Can anyone add to whom those other founders were and how the club got started?
Like Mick says, `the good old days were more easy going than now´. In my time we didn´t need a licence to race and I only bothered to get an international licence to allow me to race on grass tracks in France.
Stay cool,
Aye, JB.
Back to top Go down
http://t-online.de

Nostalgia -- the whore of memory...
Page 1 of 1